AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-17, 17:41   Link #1
YakuMoFan~
--//Anime Newb\\-- ^^

Midori No Hibi, will there be a 2nd series?

Well, this is a good anime and all. But Does anyone agree with me that There is going to be a 2nd Season? Cause im thinking 13 episodes.. Thats way too short, but on the other hand, i have no ideas myself, hOw this is going to continue into another series. X.o
Old 2006-04-17, 18:04   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuMoFan~
Well, this is a good anime and all. But Does anyone agree with me that There is going to be a 2nd Season? Cause im thinking 13 episodes.. Thats way too short, but on the other hand, i have no ideas myself, hOw this is going to continue into another series. X.o
Since the official website has made no new announcements, then you can kiss good-bye to a possibility of a second season being made.

Also, it's been almost two years since the last episode aired. The manga I think ended its serialization, and the story came to full closure.
Old 2006-04-18, 18:08   Link #3
Karnot
Banned

IF there ever will be a second season, and IF they will make it in the same key as the original series - i'd rather not watch it. Manga was wild fun, pure untamed comedy, untraditional, fresh, sexy...and what did we get on anime side ? Measly 13 eps, with not even the best scenes, and the emphasis was made on the pink snotted romance...meh.
Old 2006-04-19, 00:48   Link #4
YakuMoFan~
--//Anime Newb\\-- ^^

Well, thats true. Well the same company made Zatch Bell, how many episodes long is that?

EDIT: Yeah its true, I dont think their is going to be a 2nd series.. ack
Old 2006-06-07, 18:34   Link #5
misakichii

it's too bad that there's not gonna be a second season. i would definitely watch it if there were a second season. but what would it be about? hmms...maybe some ovas, at least? that might be a good idea.
Old 2006-06-08, 00:57   Link #6
Shredder

Not much reason for this or DearS to have another season. The main plot/conflict will be over and it will just be a chronicle after that. Probably something like Ai Yori Aoshi, bleh
Old 2006-07-27, 19:23   Link #7
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Unhappy Why did it have to be over so soon?!?!?!?!=`(

Dammit!I really love this anime.My only question is that why did it have to be so short?!?!I mean it was really good.They could have made a series telling what happened to the relationship of Midori and Seiji.(BTW,MIDORI SOOO CUTE!! )
I was really pissed when I was watching Ep.12 when
Spoiler:

anyway,i don't know about you guys if you had the same feeling as mine when i was wathcing this great anime.I really can't explain it,but from beginning to end,i was really touched with the story,especially the LOVE that Midori showed.Could you give me some of your opinion guys??thanks!
Old 2006-07-27, 19:54   Link #8
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by misakichii
it's too bad that there's not gonna be a second season. i would definitely watch it if there were a second season. but what would it be about? hmms...maybe some ovasat least? that might be a good idea.
yeh..anything!!!!I WANT THEM SO BADLY!!!
Old 2006-07-28, 06:37   Link #9
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Exclamation The Official Midori no Hibi Forums Revival Thread!!!

Hi everyone!!!!
okay,before this gets started,i really want to say this first!sorry!

why won't they make a series?!?!it was REALLY A GREAT ANIME!!...i hope i could see more of what happened with Seiji's relationship with Midori after the last episode.you know,the small clip that was shown in the credits of the final episode....(BTW,MIDORI IS SO CUTE!!!AHHH!! )....Maybe that could be their story for the next series or anything just let me see Midori MORE!....i mean,they could have at least done like 24 episodes or 30.....sigh.....I was really pissed when
Spoiler:

....but then it's over....sigh....i don't bout' you guys but this anime really came into my heart.Maybe it was the strong love that Midori showed or just the story.It really touched me in a way. ..i'm so depressed that it's over.....

..anyway,let's start.As you can notice most of the posts here in the "Midori no Hibi Forums" are really Old (2004).coz' this was when this anime was New.Apparently for me,i just finished watching it now(2006).SoI thought that in some way i could interest others in going back posting here and share their thoughts about this wonderful anime.Posting here will mean a lot to me.Thanks!

P.S: For those that haven't watched this anime yet,I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you watch this especially when you're into Comedy/Romance types of animes.And please feel free to post here or PM me after watching it.Thanks!
Old 2006-08-25, 01:00   Link #10
Jeiku

I don't think the anime ever had a chance for more episodes to begin with - it could have continued with a second season, since the ending of the anime was actually the beginning of volume 2, but thanks to that final scene there would be no point to more episodes. Unless they try to somehow deny the existance of episode 13...
Old 2006-10-04, 08:58   Link #11
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Naah, 13 episodes seemed just about right for the anime. Having read the entire manga, there's very little that could be added or expounded with regards to Midori and Seiji's relationship. The anime seemed to wrap it up quite well.

If you still want more MnH goodness, though, then I suggest you get your hands on the manga. Lots of other wacky, weird, and sexy characters are there and there's even a funny character "development" on Kouta!
Old 2006-10-05, 14:27   Link #12
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

no im still going for another remake of the anime... because after seeing only a part of the manga.... it's clear that many things are different..it's more fun and more dramatic... the climax of the story is their to....and im changing my opinion in the anime... i'm disapointed in how the series ended..it's to short and if the people haven't read the manga....they'll be kept hangin because seiji haven't said the "words".... having a wider pespective and longer story in the anime could've been better and i mean alot better.... and oh... i love the manga alot!!
Old 2006-10-06, 07:11   Link #13
LongRanger
Student Member!

Send a message via MSN to LongRanger
I just Love Midori no Hibi
Old 2006-10-17, 11:03   Link #14
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
no im still going for another remake of the anime... because after seeing only a part of the manga.... it's clear that many things are different..it's more fun and more dramatic... the climax of the story is their to....and im changing my opinion in the anime... i'm disapointed in how the series ended..it's to short and if the people haven't read the manga....they'll be kept hangin because seiji haven't said the "words".... having a wider pespective and longer story in the anime could've been better and i mean alot better.... and oh... i love the manga alot!!

I AGREE!!!DEFINITELY TRUE!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-12-09, 12:56   Link #15
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Its impossible for Midori no Hibi to have a 2nd series, since after the manga has finished, there really isnt much more content. And to me I'm very satisfied with the ending. It was fantastic. I would provide more reasons but then it would all be damn spoilers.

Just finished reading the last tankoubon of the manga a few second ago. To tell u the truth, I can't stomach the anime, after having my eyes spoiled and used to anime the likes of AIR, Kanon 2006 and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. But the manga is EXCELLENT.

Instead of a 2nd series, there shud be a remake. It is an excellent story that deserves alot better than the current anime incarnation does justice for it.
Old 2006-12-29, 02:58   Link #16
kohana28
Newbie on the Block

i don't think so...teh endings pretty much settled and anyway, im quite satisfied with it myself..so i think there's no need to...i twas a great series though
Old 2007-01-02, 17:08   Link #17
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Question: for those who've read the manga how was the story resolved
differently than the anime?

Also, I agree with a much earlier poster: though perhaps Whitewater81's
idea of a super emotional ending would have been satisfying for a viewer,
it wouldn't have really worked because:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-10, 04:58   Link #18
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Question: for those who've read the manga how was the story resolved
differently than the anime?

Also, I agree with a much earlier poster: though perhaps Whitewater81's
idea of a super emotional ending would have been satisfying for a viewer,
it wouldn't have really worked because:

Spoiler:
Well aliensporebomb,
To me, the Anime Series looks like ended in the very 1st part that Midori awakes. But not too details about certain things too. The manga version actually shows more on How Seiji cherish Midori towards the ending of the manga. Especially when he knows she will lost all the memories of the time they spent together.
To me the manga version shows more details than the anime in terms of the time they are together ....

Well that's just my thoughts are reading the manga and watching the anime.
Closed Thread