Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-14, 01:09   Link #3221
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
For anybody wondering (this is the most active Seiya thread) Next Dimension returned from hiatus

Also the CGI film has a website

http://saintseiya2014.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
High chances of Death Toll dyin in hands of Vermeer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
Icant wait for Saint Seiya CGI Movie Gona be awesome Movie.
Might as well change the title of this thread into Saint Seiya General Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
One would think Kurumada would be cooking something really special, with all the time he takes..
Unfortunately, Kurumada is no Togashi, so I'll keep my expectation low, just in case.
Old 2013-12-14, 04:00   Link #3222
hamazura
whatever

i just realized that OMEGA is basically "power of nakama"
no wonder seiya.co never achieved omega, they always fight alone independence rather than gangbang the enemy like kouga
Old 2013-12-14, 05:00   Link #3223
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
gangbang the enemy like kouga
Really? As far as I can tell, when Kouga and co. fight as a team, they always job. Usually, they get things done only when each of them fight alone (or as a team of two).

Also, I'm pretty sure the only one who will reach Omega from team Kouga will be Kouga himself (and maybe Eden). The others were nerfed way too much and have been mostly useless the whole season (especially Yuuna).
Old 2013-12-14, 05:38   Link #3224
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The others were nerfed way too much and have been mostly useless the whole season (especially Yuuna).
Yeah, the truth hurts. Nerving, which is a form of power-inconsistency, is what I hate the most in an anime about fighting. Also, I don't see any further character development from Yuna or Soma. Well, in Soma's case maybe they can zombie-revived Scorpio Sonia to fight him. He never got to settle things with her. As for Yuna, all her problems are well behind her, so I don't know how they can develop her character further. Maybe they can have her actually fallen in love with someone this time? Just to make her character a bit more interesting. I remember Omega kinda ship KougaxYuna in S1, only to be back to zero in S2.
Old 2013-12-14, 13:55   Link #3225
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
For anybody wondering (this is the most active Seiya thread) Next Dimension returned from hiatus

Also the CGI film has a website

http://saintseiya2014.com/
The character designs... What is that? Final Fantasy meets Saint Seiya? Did we need to see that radical change?

Quote:
Really? As far as I can tell, when Kouga and co. fight as a team, they always job. Usually, they get things done only when each of them fight alone (or as a team of two).

Also, I'm pretty sure the only one who will reach Omega from team Kouga will be Kouga himself (and maybe Eden). The others were nerfed way too much and have been mostly useless the whole season (especially Yuuna).
Well, Koga is like a cosmo capacitor for the team... Just see the fight against Abzu, the episode when Genbu is killed and against the Time Gate. Koga is always storing the cosmo of the others to unleash a powerful attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, the truth hurts. Nerfing, which is a form of power-inconsistency, is what I hate the most in an anime about fighting. Also, I don't see any further character development from Yuna or Soma. Well, in Soma's case maybe they can zombie-revived Scorpio Sonia to fight him. He never got to settle things with her. As for Yuna, all her problems are well behind her, so I don't know how they can develop her character further. Maybe they can have her actually fallen in love with someone this time? Just to make her character a bit more interesting. I remember Omega kinda ship KougaxYuna in S1, only to be back to zero in S2.
S1 took a lot more of risks and put a little more of effort on their writing, trying different things that I think were a first for the SS franchise. S2 took a more "playing safe" route, and I think that it is even worse how they try to appeal more to older fans that the SS Omega fans.

The SSO staff should learn a thing of two from other shonen shows, where there are powerful non main characters on the same side of the MCs, because how the staff is dealing with the legendary Saints, isn't very good IMO.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:28   Link #3226
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
Well, Koga is like a cosmo capacitor for the team... Just see the fight against Abzu, the episode when Genbu is killed and against the Time Gate. Koga is always storing the cosmo of the others to unleash a powerful attack.
I not denying that. I'm just saying it's retarded. I'm not watching only for Kouga. I doubt anyone is. So they should give everyone more chances to shine. The first season was far from perfect, but at least it gave all the characters besides Kouga a little more attention.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:45   Link #3227
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
I not denying that. I'm just saying it's retarded. I'm not watching only for Kouga. I doubt anyone is. So they should give everyone more chances to shine. The first season was far from perfect, but at least it gave all the characters besides Kouga a little more attention.
I don't like that either... It's like some DBZ movies where everybody gives their strength to Goku to finish the enemy with a single very OP punch. That is insulting for the characters and throws away tru team work.

About the characters, I don't know what happened but S1 give us some character development... On S2 it is almost non-existent with some minor exceptions (Titan, Subaru, Eden at the beginning) and what could have been a great plot twist, I think it is ruined by now.

Also the young saints on S2 are just dumb in the fights, I mean, we could have some character grow seeing them being smart in the fights, but no, the best strategy for them if just to charge right in front of the enemy. Just see the most recent plan of them: "We are going to defeat Aegeon by destroying his sword". I think seeing them formulating a real plan/strategy could have been better. No wonder the enemy always mocks them despite their previous feats.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:52   Link #3228
Galaxian

Season 2 has pretty much shoved Kouga to the curb and he'll stay there until Subaru turns evil.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 15:54   Link #3229
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Season 2 has pretty much shoved Kouga to the curb and he'll stay there until Subaru turns evil.
Kouga still gets to show off his stuff. He damaged Aegeon's sword after all. The problems is that the rest of the original cast have been complete forgotten.
Old 2013-12-14, 17:50   Link #3230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The problem with the second season is that it's trying to pander too much to old fans at the expense of what the first season has build. Kouga's team was nerfed to hell and back so that the legendary saints and Kiki would get to show off.

If this week's episode is any indication, it looks like they're starting to remember who the main characters are though. Or maybe they just like Ryuho, he does seem to have been relatively spared compared to Yuna or Souma.
Old 2013-12-14, 18:25   Link #3231
Birdway
Banned

Ryuho always was gifted, since the series started he had a good technique, Rozan Shoryuha he had a better training and showed he could throw Rozan Hyakkyryuha without being pushed back by his own technique.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 18:29   Link #3232
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If this week's episode is any indication, it looks like they're starting to remember who the main characters are though. Or maybe they just like Ryuho, he does seem to have been relatively spared compared to Yuna or Souma.
Even Souma has had a couple of episode that are at least partially centered around him. However, the staff seem to unabashedly hate Yuna...
Old 2013-12-14, 18:32   Link #3233
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Ryuho always was gifted, since the series started he had a good technique, Rozan Shoryuha he had a better training and showed he could throw Rozan Hyakkyryuha without being pushed back by his own technique.
Yeah, Ryuhou was introduced as Palaestra's prodigy after all, and he was known as the strongest new Saint after Eden, before Kouga appeared. He was also the 1st to achieve the Seventh Sense.

I don't think Souma got so neglected though, he got to kill two 3rd class Pallasites himself, even if helped by Steel Saints and Yuna. Besides, the Legendary Saints weren't really doing anything until everyone reached the castle, it's not like this season was all about them. 83 is the first time we see Shiryu fighting..
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 18:33   Link #3234
Justin_Brett

Spoiler:
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 18:53   Link #3235
Birdway
Banned

Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 18:58   Link #3236
Galaxian

Full preview for ep84...

Old 2013-12-14, 20:25   Link #3237
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 83:
Old 2013-12-14, 20:29   Link #3238
hamazura
whatever

so.. thats how you trigger omega? just like that? cmon everyone had million chance to do it in season 1
next episode looks even more boring, i dont like paradox...
Old 2013-12-14, 20:30   Link #3239
AkitoW013

I liked the new opening with the sounds and the episode was ok for me, the graphics was ok too.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 20:30   Link #3240
Galaxian

Rhea did not lived up to his hype and, after waiting years for a character that had a legendary spear in his arm, Gae Bolg was a disappointment...

Tags
action, shounen