AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

View Poll Results: Better suit studio that might likely would make a best adaptation of CC anime
Bones 13 46.43%
J.C. Staff 2 7.14%
Sunrise 1 3.57%
GAINAX 5 17.86%
TOEI 1 3.57%
Other (Please specify in your post) 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-11, 17:55   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Which Studio will have done a better job with Chrno Crusade?

This poll is most oriented toward the manga readers, as also people who came across the anime first and just disliked it.

Which of the following studios as your option, making GONZO aside, would likely had done justice to the CC manga producing an anime adaptation closely to it?
Old 2004-06-11, 18:39   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well... whichever studio doing the MONSTER anime... definitely one of the most faithful and great manga-to-anime conversions I have ever seen...

the studio is... Madhouse Productions... nice! it has quite a good track records too, with great works like TEXHNOLYZE, GunGrave (the anime is actually leagues better than the original work in this case), Gunslinger Girl, Boogiepop Phantom, Aquarian Age (this card-game-to-anime conversion is actually quite good), Paranoia Agent, Galaxy Angels, etc. etc.

hey! I never noticed it before, but now it sounds like it could be one of my favorite anime studio
Old 2004-06-11, 18:51   Link #3
BanditKing

Though I think Gonzo did a fine job with Chrono Crusade I think seeing an bones version won't be bad.I like their other project and wouldn't mind seeing them do it.

Last edited by BanditKing; 2004-06-12 at 00:22. Reason: spelling
Old 2004-06-11, 22:55   Link #4
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Madhouse productions did a fine adaptation with Tenjou Tenge as well (for the moment so far). Based on that, I am inclined to agree that they could likely have done a better job at the helm of producing CC than GONZO.
Old 2004-06-11, 23:09   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I vote Madhouse, too! As for Tenjou Tenge, some episodes had great sequences, but others had considerably worse animation quality...they are almost interchanging.
Old 2004-06-13, 06:23   Link #6
chucky
Always impatient

The one that did Gunslinger Girls..... man the anime isnt only faith to the original, but add the right element to enrich the depth of the stories.... Gonzo just sucks.
Old 2004-06-13, 09:10   Link #7
Joe Dalton

BONES RULES!

That is all.
Old 2004-06-14, 01:49   Link #8
OshadowO

I haven't ready the manga but I think bones would've done a better job. They're doing a great job of imo improving FMA over the manga which is no easy task
Old 2004-06-14, 02:00   Link #9
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by OshadowO
I haven't ready the manga but I think bones would've done a better job. They're doing a great job of imo improving FMA over the manga which is no easy task
Either you have not read the whole FMA manga (whole 36 chapters) so far or your tastes are so radically different for me to understand. But the BONES creations in the FMA anime (i.e. material not from the manga) is not good at all. It can be mediocre or worse...
Old 2004-06-14, 03:11   Link #10
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

For the sake of the poll, I'd have to go with Madhouse. I've been a fan of their studio for the longest time now, since the late 70s with Ace o Nerae! (look for ILA's fansub, if you're interested) and up till now with Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, Cardcaptor Sakura & Ninja Scroll (TV and movie) to name a few. [Sorry, if I sounded like a nut/fanboy ^^;;]

Anyway, back to the topic.

But having said all that, I thought Gonzo did a good enough job in animating Chrno Crusade. I know that Gonzo is hardly faithful to the source material, but I feel that Gonzo does a better than average job of animating and adapting a manga series and making it their own, with their own style. I think they have their own ideas of what's better... I think of it as an "animated fanfic," but that's just me. ^^;;
Closed Thread