AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-01-13, 07:47   Link #761
EXEs
Hallelujah...

It's like Shuri and Shuusuke, but in real life. They's gonna run away from their friends to some unknown place and return 10 years later.

But yes, devastating to the twins in any case. Ignore my bad joke.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 12:58   Link #762
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Ballet dancer, 88, takes to stage

Quote:
BBC News (13 Jan 08) - An 88-year-old man is set to star in his first ballet show after taking up dance at the age of 79.

Grandfather to 11, John Lowe, of Witchford, Cambs, took up dancing having watched his daughter Alison become a professional dancer. The retired teacher said: "It's a wonderful thing to do and I can't understand why more men don't do it."

Mr Lowe is due to appear with the Lantern Dance Theatre Company, in Ely, on Sunday evening. "There's nothing effeminate about it - you have to be incredibly fit to dance," he says. "I see these people crawling around, hunched over smoking a cigarette - they should be doing ballet."
Yeah! Show them who's the man Gramps!

*runs away for fear of seeing a man in tutu*
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 19:27   Link #763
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

While showing how fit an 88 year old can be, let's hope the reality would not strike him in the form of a few badly broken bones.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 21:46   Link #764
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
*runs away for fear of seeing a man in tutu*
tights. i believe the men wear tights. (you can still run away in fear though)

in any case, it's cool that he could be able to do something like that in his age.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:11   Link #765
xorsyst
Otaku Pride!

Send a message via AIM to xorsyst Send a message via MSN to xorsyst Send a message via Yahoo to xorsyst
Question

Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - A couple discovered after they had married that they were twins who had been split up at birth and adopted by separate families, according to a member of Britain's House of Lords.
Source: Reuters

Quite a sad story to me, I couldn't even begin to imagine that.
xorsyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:11   Link #766
LaMonnah

Thats crazy. Also quite strange to think they they married their twin.
LaMonnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 16:04   Link #767
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Found this article in Kotaku.
Russian Man Killed Over Lineage II Clan Grudge
http://kotaku.com/345969/russian-man...ii-clan-grudge
http://www.russiatoday.ru/scitech/news/19777
Quote:
A young Russian man has been charged with murder after an internet game jumped off the screen onto the street. It's alleged he killed an internet gaming rival after they met face to face in the city of Ufa.

Violence on screen isn't harmful to anyone. But when virtual reality and real life collide an innocent game can end in tragedy.

It all started when two clans - the Coo-clocks, made up of mostly students, and the so-called Platanium with more experienced gamers of over thirty - started fighting to wipe out each other on screen.

33-year-old Albert used to spend hours in front of his computer. On the web he had his own clan and a dozen of warriors. Just days before the New Year in a virtual battle his clan killed a member of the hostile Coo-clocks.

Days later the enemies agreed to meet literally face to face in the real world.

Their confrontation led to tragedy. Albert was badly beaten and died from his injuries on the way to hospital.

“I think they have confused the game and reality. And after we buried him on December 31, they continued to threaten us,” Albert’s sister Albina says.

The alleged murderer hasn't shown regret and hasn't justified himself. 22-year-old student just calmly explained why he killed his opponent.

On the web each of the clans had its own hierarchy and rules

“Beat everything that moves, and everything that doesn’t move - move and beat!” – this is one of the rules of the Coo-clocks clan.

In this case the rule applied to real people in real life. Members of the internet Coo-clocks clan continue to harass the family of the murdered man, threatening to kill his sister, who hasn’t turned on the computer for days.

In an unrelated case another gamer in his twenties came to Moscow from Ukraine to meet his rival. The confrontation ended in with the Moscow man being beaten to death.

And a twenty-year-old from Petrosavodsk killed his grandmother after she interrupted his game calling him to eat.

However, internet experts say these cases shouldn't be lumped together just because some people can't handle the situation.

“Not many talk about the benefits of internet games for disabled people who don’t have a chance to communicate with others like themselves or able-bodied people. Nobody mentions the benefits the internet can offer in education,” says Aleksandr Kuzmenko of a computer game magazine.

With more and more people logging on to get their fix of virtual reality the experts say incidents like these are rare, and want it to stay that way.
Damn Jack Thompson is going to be happy when he hears about this .
Old 2008-01-20, 17:03   Link #768
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Thats was bound to happen. Do we know which game? Hope its not WOW.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 18:08   Link #769
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
Thats was bound to happen. Do we know which game? Hope its not WOW.
Lineage II according to Kotaku, I really got to say this is really quite sad. I heard people dying from playing games for too long, but killing people and threating other people over game is really sad.
Old 2008-01-20, 20:13   Link #770
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Great Balls Of Fire
Thursday January 17, 2008

Police said a man accidentally shot himself in the groin as he was robbing a convenience store Tuesday.

A clerk told police a man carrying a semiautomatic handgun entered the Village Pantry in Kokomo, Indiana demanding cash and a pack of cigarettes.

The clerk put the cash in a bag and as she turned to get the cigarettes, she heard the gun discharge.

A surveillance video shows the man shooting himself as he placed the gun in the waistband of his pants. The clerk wasn't injured.

A short time later, police found 25-year-old Derrick Kosch at a home with a gunshot wound to his right testicle and lower left leg.

Kosch was released from hospital that same day and booked into the Howard County jail on a charge of armed robbery, criminal recklessness and battery.
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 23:25   Link #771
onehp
Banned

fortune cookie facts:
-All popular fortune cookies we get from Chinese restaurants are almost always made in America
-Fortune cookies are absent in China
-The origin of fortune cookies is probably from Japan

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/...el/fortune.php

Kansai Airport in Osaka will have cosplayers(and maids) greet foreigners

http://www.dannychoo.com/fauna_detai...come+to+Japan/

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-01-21 at 04:57.
onehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 04:44   Link #772
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Don't double post bro.

Bomb scared caused by vibrating sex toy
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/eu...l?iref=24hours

Quote:
STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- A Swedish bomb squad called out to disarm a suspicious package on Wednesday did not find a ticking bomb. But they did find a vibrating sex toy.

A janitor alerted police after he found the package in a garage of an apartment building in Goteborg, the country's second-largest city, police spokesman Jan Strannegard said.

The package was humming and vibrating suspiciously, so police took no chances and sent out a team of explosives experts. After having cordoned off the area, they opened the package with bomb disposal equipment, only to find the battery-operated device inside.

"The package was vibrating when the janitor found it, but I think it had sort of died out by the time it was disarmed," Strannegard said.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 04:58   Link #773
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehp View Post
Kansai Airport in Osaka will have cosplayers(and maids) greet foreigners

http://www.dannychoo.com/fauna_detai...come+to+Japan/
For the sake of the argument, let's assume that this is true. I think I would turn right on my heal and take the next plane back home. I don't even want to imagine what normal people would think.
Old 2008-01-21, 22:23   Link #774
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Mexican boy glues self to bed to avoid school
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080107...t_080107222301

Quote:
MONTERREY, Mexico (AFP) - A 10-year-old Mexican boy glued his hand to his bed to avoid going back to school after the Christmas break, authorities said Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I thought if I was glued to the bed, they couldn't make me go to school," the boy, Diego, told AFP. "I didn't want to go, the holidays were so much fun."

"I remembered my mom had bought a very strong glue," he said of the industrial strength shoe glue he used to stick his hand to the bed's metal headboard, where he stayed stuck for two hours.

His mother Sandra Palacios was unable to free him and called paramedics and police to help. Diego watched cartoons while they worked to unglue him, eventually using a spray to dissolve the chemical adhesive.

"I don't know why this happened. He is a very good boy," said his mother.

Diego eventually made it school a few hours late.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 22:29   Link #775
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
Mexican boy glues self to bed to avoid school
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080107...t_080107222301
Hahahaha ^_^. Now that is a good way to avoid going to school. Too bad it didn't work ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 03:05   Link #776
xorsyst
Otaku Pride!

Send a message via AIM to xorsyst Send a message via MSN to xorsyst Send a message via Yahoo to xorsyst
lol, I would have let him stay home due to creativity in trying to get out of school. But then again, I dont have kids.
xorsyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 10:31   Link #777
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
For the sake of the argument, let's assume that this is true. I think I would turn right on my heal and take the next plane back home. I don't even want to imagine what normal people would think.
I dunno. It's not much worse than this.
Spoiler for image:
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 04:16   Link #778
Detheal

Crook ransacks home, calls a cab for getaway

Quote:
Article from: Agence France-Presse
January 22, 2008

A BRITISH burglary victim has voiced disbelief at a thief's "unbelievable" cheek in calling a taxi from her ransacked home to make his getaway

Cardiff Crown Court jailed Gareth Waith, 22, for three years after he admitted stealing thousands of dollars worth of goods from neighbour Katie Battiscombe's house in the Welsh capital when everyone was out.

Having stuffed mobile phones, a DVD player, a laptop computer, a television and computer games into a holdall and some refuse bags in the Halloween raid last October, the burglar then used the house phone to call a cab.

"I couldn't stop laughing when I found out,'' Ms Battiscombe, 24, told the South Wales Echo regional newspaper.

"The nerve of some people is just unbelievable. The thought of him calling a taxi from my house phone and then just sitting on my wall with all my stuff, waiting for it to arrive, is just ridiculous.''

Waith was caught because he left fingerprints behind.

Mohammed Javaid of the Hackney Taxi Society, said: "This seems most bizarre and it's the first time I have ever heard of a thief getting away in a taxi.

"I have seen this sort of thing in the movies but I can't believe someone had the gall to do it in real life.''
Detheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 11:47   Link #779
Khaos

http://www.n-tv.de/908211.html (Source is german)

In short it says, that the albanian soccer-player Bekim Kastrati, who plays in a german club suffered a rupture of his testicles while playing.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:42   Link #780
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
School is just so cool. Your girlfriend is there, your friends, and everything. I really have no idea with kids nowadays.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor