AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 20:29   Link #1761
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
some kid in china died when his chair exploded. http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...l-penetration/
Quote:
The chair in question was a standard gas cylinder type, where the height is regulated by an adjustable cylinder containing highly pressurised gas, and it was this which exploded, sending high velocity chair parts into the posterior of the unfortunate youth.
Quote:
The boy in question weighed 80kg (certainly a fair amount for a 14-year-old Asian youth), which might have been a factor (though this will not reassure heavier framed non-Asian adults); it is suggested that using such chairs without placing excessive pressure on the cylinder is advisable – otherwise sitting on a steel plate might help.
This sounds somewhat funny, even though it is definitely not a laughing matter.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 21:08   Link #1762
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

^It isn't really funny. Ever since I read that article a few weeks ago, I have been feeling uneasy whenever I sit on my chair in front of the computer. =.=

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 21:09   Link #1763
Nosauz

I remeber reading that story, I laughed, but then felt really uneasy as I sat in my office chair... You never know karma is a bitch

Note, the best part of sankakucomplex other than the awesome obscure/perverse/entertaining/echhi news stories, are the comments... and of course the random appearance of MikeUSA
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:25   Link #1764
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...ZfTWW6nLw.cspx
It's not really funny, more "odd" in a sense of showing what a messed up mindset we have now days.
/seriousness
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 14:32   Link #1765
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A silly yet happy story.

Thai 'Spider-Man' to the rescue
Old 2009-03-24, 23:41   Link #1766
Shadow Kira01

Doctors 'easily duped' in depression cases

When this becomes a trend, I am sure the number of armed robbery cases will definitely decrease. 55 million yen in one go?!
Old 2009-03-25, 02:10   Link #1767
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Doctors 'easily duped' in depression cases

When this becomes a trend, I am sure the number of armed robbery cases will definitely decrease. 55 million yen in one go?!
The obvious downside is it's going to make people who actually suffer from clinical depression more reluctant to get treatment because they'll be worried the doctor will think it's a scam.
Old 2009-03-25, 03:33   Link #1768
FateAnomaly

Must be a nice place. You actually get paid for being depressed.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 04:06   Link #1769
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
The obvious downside is it's going to make people who actually suffer from clinical depression more reluctant to get treatment because they'll be worried the doctor will think it's a scam.
Wow, that's gotta suck. And paranoia seems like it would be one of the major causes of some peoples' depression. I can sympathize with them there... that's gotta be tough.
Old 2009-03-30, 09:24   Link #1770
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Mrs Nutt's got a huge squirrel problem
Old 2009-03-30, 12:20   Link #1771
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
she needs to get a dog or a cat. Put a natural predator in the area and the problem will be solve.
Old 2009-03-30, 12:54   Link #1772
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
she needs to get a dog or a cat. Put a natural predator in the area and the problem will be solve.
Dogs or cats don't eat squirrels, or that of your domestic feline. You will need something like a wolf or coyote to hunt them down.

Badgers are a good idea though. They are cute and anti-squirrel.

I propose that nuts are hung on barewire electric fences to kill them.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 14:30   Link #1773
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Dogs or cats don't eat squirrels, or that of your domestic feline. You will need something like a wolf or coyote to hunt them down.

Badgers are a good idea though. They are cute and anti-squirrel.

I propose that nuts are hung on barewire electric fences to kill them.
actually they will or at the least will chase the squrrials around. Cats are born sadist, they will chase anything smaller then they are then once they capture will play with it to death and if hungry will eat it.
Old 2009-03-30, 15:37   Link #1774
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The dog that lives with us has a sacred vow to catch squirrels and shake them til they stop moving. Actually any rodent.... once I went around the back of her shed and found a veritable shrine of dead mice bones she'd collected.

She's very determined on that front o.O her own form of obsessed revenge for some slight in a former life or something...
Old 2009-03-30, 16:06   Link #1775
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe she's been bred to chase after rodents?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:40   Link #1776
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2342637.ece
Quote:
0Olesya Mostovschikova, 27, told police she rowed with Tatiana Romanchuk, 32, during a booze-up.

Officer Oleg Lobach said Olesya calmly told cops: “I took the axe and hit her a number of times on her head.

“Then I cut off her ears, gouged out one eye, cut off an arm and a hand. I then cooked the parts in the oven.”

Another friend, who is being treated as a witness, claims that she was forced to eat the flesh.

Cops say Olesya’s son, seven, witnessed the murder and the cooking. He is now in care.

Locals at Irkutsk, in Siberia, Russia, found Tatiana’s legs in a rubbish bin.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 16:45   Link #1777
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe she's been bred to chase after rodents?
She's a mixed breed, part lab, part shepard, part who-the-hell-knows....
Old 2009-03-30, 17:01   Link #1778
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sounds too big to make chasing after squirrels worth the effort. Still, maybe the who the hell knows is a rat-dog?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 11:30   Link #1779
Shadow Kira01

Honda connects brain thoughts with robotics

This article reminds me of Growlanser II..

The technology seems to be very close to that of the Marauders which appears to be similar to sand golems, except that the sand inside the heavy armor is used as a catalyst which links to another person with a device that enables executing commands via the brain.

Only differences is that the Asimo is a tiny humanoid robot, while those Marauders are huge life-sized knights with heavy lances. Only problem with those Marauders was that if you destroy the helmet containing the device that links to the human who is controlling it, the individual dies along with the sand golem. Hopefully, if anything negative occurs to the Asimo during its operational period won't result in severe damage to the human controlling it at a distance utilizing brain waves. Otherwise, it is a fairly bad idea...
Old 2009-04-01, 06:30   Link #1780
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ A tad serious for silly news.

Guantanamo is fun, says Miss Universe
Quote:
Miami (April 1): A "relaxing, calm, beautiful place" may not be everyone's description of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where the United States holds about 240 prisoners in a detention centre that has drawn condemnation from around the world.

But this was the opinion of reigning Miss Universe Dayana Mendoza of Venezuela, who visited the US naval facility in eastern Cuba last month on a trip organised by the United Service Organizations (USO) which supports US troops.

The Guantanamo Bay base, whose presence Cuba's government has contested as illegal for years, is used by US authorities as a prison camp for foreign terrorism suspects. Critics have condemned it as a symbol of abuses in Washington's war on terrorism launched after the Sept 11, 2001, attacks.

Caracas-born Mendoza, 22, who visited the facility from March 20 to 25 along with Miss USA Crystle Stewart, 27, enthused about her Guantanamo trip as an "incredible experience" in a blog entry posted on the Miss Universe website dated last Friday (March 27).

"It was a loooot of fun!," Mendoza wrote, describing how she and Stewart met US military personnel and took rides around the camp, which is encircled by a barbed-wire fenced, minefields and watchtowers. She said they also visited a bar on the base and the "unbelievable" beach there.

"We visited the detainees camps and we saw the jails, where they shower, how the(y) recreate themselves with movies, classes of art, books. It was very interesting," she wrote.

"I didn't want to leave, it was such a relaxing place, so calm and beautiful," she added.

Recounting her "memorable" trip, Mendoza, who was crowned Miss Universe 2008 in Vietnam, also said: "We also met the military dogs, and they did a very nice demonstration of their skills. All the guys from the Army were amazing with us."

In a statement, the Miss Universe Organization said Mendoza and Stewart's trip to Guantanamo was part of a longstanding relationship with the USO and its entertainment program "which boosts the morale of US troops."

"Dayana Mendoza's comments on her blog were in reference to the hospitality she received while meeting the members of the US military and their families who are stationed in Guantanamo," Miss Universe Organization president Paula Shugart said in the statement.

- REUTERS
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor