AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 16:55   Link #201
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

ワンタイムパスワード導入キャンペーン
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=508

Does anyone know how to use SecureOTP? It works even if you are not in Japan right?
Old 2012-11-09, 05:33   Link #202
Sides

There was a big update this week!
First part(?) of the ruins has been added, everything has been made easier for casual gamers and of course new weapons and P.As.
At the moment new maps for the outdoor surrounding of the Ruins has been released. That is basically 4 maps, one new mini-boss and a new boss, to keep the fun going.
Rare monster encounter have been increased massively. They are still rare but easier to find, you don't need to hunt for days now like in before the update.
Additionally Photondrop store and Excube store have been introduced. Excubes are earned once you reached the level 50 cap, excess exp from then on are being rewarded with excubes you need around 1million exp for the first one.

If anyone was thinking to join the fun, now is probably a good time. PD shop gives you access to items to feed your mag, only useful for new mags, and exp boost tickets. Futhermore the CO requirements for level caps have been lowered. The game itself was never difficult, just time consuming, but with the latest changes any newcomer can catchup to early gamers pretty quick, soi it is a good time to join.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:28   Link #203
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Great... thanks to the new preload downloader, i was finaly able agin to actually patch the game (before he would always interrupt the patch downloads) but now PSO2 wants me to put in some code i would recieve via e-mail... only i never get the e-mail, no matter how often I push the resend button... *sigh* just my luck i guess...
Old 2012-11-30, 19:59   Link #204
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Great... thanks to the new preload downloader, i was finaly able agin to actually patch the game (before he would always interrupt the patch downloads) but now PSO2 wants me to put in some code i would recieve via e-mail... only i never get the e-mail, no matter how often I push the resend button... *sigh* just my luck i guess...
Did you follow the guides? Normally you won't be asked/send a verification code unless you log on with another machine. If it is the first time you log in, it will ask you to input an Player ID, which should be different to your Account ID, do not type in your email address or password in that box, for security reason, but you can use the same name as your character, if you want.

Use this guide on bumped for guidance: http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-b...star-online-2/
It has nice screenshots to make the process easy to understand.

BTW, the update on the 12th Dec will bring us Dark Falz! The next update will however give us some new things, i'm not sure what, because most sites lists what will be released throughout December. You can find more information on the December updates on
http://pso2.jp/players/update/
bumped.org
pso2blog.wordpress.com

Last edited by Sides; 2012-11-30 at 20:20.
Old 2012-12-01, 06:07   Link #205
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Did you follow the guides? Normally you won't be asked/send a verification code unless you log on with another machine. If it is the first time you log in, it will ask you to input an Player ID, which should be different to your Account ID, do not type in your email address or password in that box, for security reason, but you can use the same name as your character, if you want.
Yeah I use the guides you linked. I logged in for the first time in august and I don't have another machine... no new hardware upgrades since then.

I figured it was because I haven't logged in for about 2 months now...
And as I said, it's the IP verification screen I stuck at...

I don't get any mails from SEGA, the only mails I got were the ones from when I registered...
(No it's not in my spam folder)

Well, at least I'm not the only one with the problem...
Some people managed to fix it by creating a japanese e-mail adress and changing thier registered e-mail to said adress... but I have absolutely no idea how to do that...
Old 2012-12-01, 06:25   Link #206
Sides

I think you have to log in into your account via sega's pso2 webpage and go to account details to change you e-mail address. It will send you a email to your current address for verification, which should work, as it runs on a different system.
I know for fact that email from aol and some other providers have problems receiving verification email, the same problem you have. I reckon they have been blacklisted or they have blacklisted sega. Two email addresses providers that definitely works are googlemail and gmx, i'm using both for my accounts and have no troubles receiving the verification email, when i log on with my laptop.

link to sega's account maintenance
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEM...duct_name=sega
Old 2012-12-01, 06:44   Link #207
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Two email addresses providers that definitely works are googlemail and gmx, i'm using both for my accounts and have no troubles receiving the verification email, when i log on with my laptop.
Ok this is very strange... I'm using gmx myself, but I get nothing. D:

Quote:
Thanks for the link... I logged in and now i'm on the side on wich I was able to register my SEGA ID to PSO2...

I guess the topmost link (登録情報へ) is the one I need?
I can register a contact mail adress at 連絡先メールアドレス...

Well guess I have to think about a good name using kanji now, otherwise it won't work...

EDIT: Oh snap... maybe I never registered a contact adress in the first place? This would explain everyting >_>;

Last edited by Kyral; 2012-12-01 at 06:55.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 07:09   Link #208
Sides

Gmx does have an anti global spam feature. I think by default it won't forward email form specific IPs at all, i got it disabled and "pso2admin@pso2gs.net" in my whitelist, maybe that would help, unless you got your problem already sorted.
Old 2012-12-01, 07:50   Link #209
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Gmx does have an anti global spam feature. I think by default it won't forward email form specific IPs at all, i got it disabled and "pso2admin@pso2gs.net" in my whitelist, maybe that would help, unless you got your problem already sorted.
I was able to change my email now, the confirmation came instantly, so I get the mails from sega_id@isao.net just fine.
Now I whitelisted pso2admin@pso2gs.net... still nothing...

Thanks for the advice though.

EDIT: I changed it from gmx to the googlemail adress I forgott I had... it worked

Last edited by Kyral; 2012-12-01 at 08:45.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:31   Link #210
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

still no word on a western release date yet?
Old 2012-12-02, 19:56   Link #211
Vicious108

Out of the loop, huh? That word was released half a year ago already. January 2013 seems to be the scheduled release date for the English version.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 20:05   Link #212
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone want to do write up on the different race and class? strengths and weakness and how they actually work.
Old 2012-12-03, 09:10   Link #213
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Out of the loop, huh? That word was released half a year ago already. January 2013 seems to be the scheduled release date for the English version.
I have to wonder if it's still on track for this date though. That's next month already and there hasn't really been any news or discussion on this in a fairly long time. They haven't even updated their facebook page since summer.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 09:53   Link #214
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I have to wonder if it's still on track for this date though. That's next month already and there hasn't really been any news or discussion on this in a fairly long time. They haven't even updated their facebook page since summer.
The only thing that indicates development of an overseas release, not just in english language btw, is that the launcher was updated in one of the previous updates and now has placeholders in place for english, spanish, german, french, korean, chinese aso, under the language selection option. Besides that, the option menu is now in engrish.
Kind of indicates that development is in work, but it looks like SoJ will be managing the game globally, and that sega west are just there to provide customer support and for handling transactions. So unless SoJ is finished with the localisation work, don't expect sega west to releases any news or to answer any fan/customer questions about this game.
Old 2012-12-03, 11:51   Link #215
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
BIG TIME...very out of the loop, I have no idea how I bypassed this news as it is huge news and am rather exciting. Any news on wether it will be available on macs?
Old 2012-12-03, 17:49   Link #216
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone want to do write up on the different race and class? strengths and weakness and how they actually work.
Every race can be every class, and you can swap class at any time. Casts are best as Hunters while Newman are best as Forces. Humans are the balanced option between the other two. For a detailed chart here you go. As you can see there are gender differences for stats too. For example a female newman given equal gear will always be the highest in TP(technique power).

Race Sex HP ATP ATA TP ABL DFP EVP MST
Human ♂ 105 104 103 100 105 105 100 100
Human ♀ 104 100 103 104 106 100 100 105
Newman ♂ 95 100 102 108 104 100 105 100
Newman ♀ 94 100 102 110 104 100 100 105
Cast ♂ 107 105 104 96 107 105 100 95
Cast ♀ 106 104 105 96 107 100 105 95

ATP is melee attack strength
ATA is ranged attack strength
TP is technique ie spell strength
ABL is Ability which I think adjusts your damage range and stuff?
The last three being the defense stats for the damage types.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:01   Link #217
Seihai
スマイリウム

PSO2 Vita Opening/Trailer? - Grainy Quality

I recently started picking up again since a friend decided to hook up on the game and I'm showing him around. My Hunter is left at 40 and I started Force with my friend being Hunter now and we're both lv 20 (my Ranger is lv 24, too from before). I also finally gave in and used the English patch to make it smoother. Can't wait for the Christmas update tomorrow. There's still a huge list of things for me to catch up to. lol My Mag isn't even lv 150 yet. And I have to read up because I missed so many updates.

Btw. do people maybe want to discuss about which Ship (server) to join on NA/EU? It would be very nice if most of AnimeSuki would play on the same server. We don't have to be that close but even running into each other once in a while would be a cool thing for me.
Old 2012-12-04, 13:59   Link #218
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

question on the Ranger Class, how easy is it to switch between Range and Close combat?
Old 2012-12-04, 14:21   Link #219
Xacual

Quote:
question on the Ranger Class, how easy is it to switch between Range and Close combat?
There's not really any difference other than maybe what skills you're using and having to dodge more?

You'd probably be better off just looking up youtube videos, I'm sure you can find ones showing people fighting bosses or stuff with the different classes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 06:06   Link #220
Sides

Quote:
Not sure if I understand your question, but rangers, without subclasses, can only use gunslashs, assault rifles and launchers with PAs. To switch a gunslash from slashing to shooting, and vice versa, just hit the shift button.
You can equip rangers, and other classes, with all class weapons like the space tuna, lambda aristin, double saber legacy aso, but unless you have hunter or fighter as subclass you won't be able to use the PAs for those weapons.

For people who are just starting here are some useful things:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/
(skill tree planner. Use it! or you might up ending rerollin your character or buying another skill tree)

Phantasy Star Online 2 Spreadsheet
The spreadsheet, pretty useful for everything really, as it has the names in japanese for items, enemies and other stuff. Really useful if you are looking for things on people's myshop, just copy and paste it. Some information on the sheet are not accurate, so double check it with a/the japanese wiki.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/
Japanese wiki site, that is pretty much up to date and has most things accurate.

http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/
official page for fun and AC scratch items with pictures

Tags
pc-windows