AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-27, 10:12   Link #361
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
The first extra episode from season one got pretty dark and mysterious for a bit actually...don't doubt kyoani in creating drama
seriously, during the initial scene,i got the same feeling too during my first watch. i didn't feel dark though,only a bit mysterious. wait, are we talking about ep. 14 here? bec. i'm tellin' about ep. 13. LOL. ep. 14 didn't come off like that to me.XD
Old 2011-02-27, 10:51   Link #362
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I agree: When fluffy little Azunyan 2 was suddenly sick, I was panicking just like Azunyan 1: Then the sheer sense of relief knowing that she's alright resulted in THE single most heartwarming sleeping kitten shot in an anime ever.

Kyoani REALLY loves their kittens, don't they?
Old 2011-02-27, 17:43   Link #363
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
The first extra episode from season one got pretty dark and mysterious for a bit actually...don't doubt kyoani in creating drama
Please give some examples, as I don't recall the show ever getting that gloomy, even if only for a short while.
Old 2011-02-28, 08:26   Link #364
bokchoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Please give some examples, as I don't recall the show ever getting that gloomy, even if only for a short while.
Read some of the posts above, I can't be stuffed discussing LOL

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

Old 2011-02-28, 12:11   Link #365
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Read some of the posts above, I can't be stuffed discussing LOL
I don't find those examples that convincing myself. A bit of added tension to an otherwise straight comedy, but to truly call it dramatic is stretching it IMO.

The only 'dramatic' element in the entire show is the forethought that Yui and co will leave Azusa once they graduate. As we've seen in episode 24, it's hard on Azusa, but she'll overcome it with the help of Ui and Jun, who will stick with her till graduation at the very least.
Old 2011-03-13, 12:36   Link #366
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I have a strange feeling this movie is going to be like the movie A Hard Day's Night. Basically the film style would be like a Mockumentary type of musical, describing a couple of days in the lives of the group while having some senses with them playing the full versions of there songs here and there kinda live music video. If you haven't watched A Hard Day's Night By Richard Lester you'll get what I'm talking about. In the movie you can see The Beatles play there main songs from A Hard Day's Night of course not all at once, but all through out the movie, while they lived there lives. But at the end they play in a concert, playing most of the songs from A Hard Day's Night. So really theres no need for a real plot if they took this approach. I would like it if they did this; I mean this type of approach would fit into a slice of life music anime, which has no plot.

here are just some clips from the moive

Spoiler for them being moved too the back of the train:

Spoiler for Playing at the BCC studio:

Spoiler for Concert:

Spoiler for Part 1 one the move:

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-03-14 at 00:02.
Old 2011-03-13, 22:25   Link #367
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I would kill to see the girls do the "fooling-around-in-the-park" sequence of Money Can't Buy Me Love from "Hard Day's Night."
Old 2011-03-14, 00:05   Link #368
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I would kill to see the girls do the "fooling-around-in-the-park" sequence of Money Can't Buy Me Love from "Hard Day's Night."
lol I love that part! i can totally see the girls doing this!

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-03-14 at 01:42.
Old 2011-03-15, 13:10   Link #369
Hikamori

The K-ON!! Episode 27 (OVA) is out RAW and it makes a slight reference to a certain group
Kyoani knows what fans are chatting about online
Old 2011-03-15, 18:28   Link #370
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamori View Post
The K-ON!! Episode 27 (OVA) is out RAW and it makes a slight reference to a certain group
Kyoani knows what fans are chatting about online
Oh thanks for reminding me ! I'll definitely take a look at that! So Im gassing there going to visit here in America in the movie

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-03-15 at 19:15.
Old 2011-03-20, 07:38   Link #371
Friday
Im shy too...

December 3 2011.....

ok....

looks like we will not see it until roughly this time next year.....

hopefully the plot isn't about before they graduate.....
Old 2011-03-20, 08:43   Link #372
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
December 3 2011.....

ok....

looks like we will not see it until roughly this time next year.....
That is quite optimistic. The Haruhi movie took 11 months to hit BD/DVD... Just saying.
Old 2011-03-21, 01:48   Link #373
bokchoy

I don't feel like waiting a year and a bit for more K-ON!...

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

Old 2011-03-22, 02:01   Link #374
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's clear that this franchise is caught in a bit of a bind.

On the one hand, it's very popular, and could continue to sell well, so its producers naturally want to keep producing more of it.

On the other hand, it's clear that they're fearful of taking the narrative much beyond the high school phase.

I'm rather disappointed that this movie will be a story from the girls' high school days. Their high school days was very nice to watch, of course, but I feel that there's not a whole lot left to do there given what the first two seasons have already covered.

In my view, the best continuation for the K-On! story would be to have the graduated members of the Light Music Club become a professional pop idol group. Watching these girls become celebrities, go on tour, having female fans in the audience who are in light music clubs at their own schools, all of that could be pretty cool.

All of the above being said, I can actually kind of understand them not wanting to show the girls in College much, because for better or for worse, K-On! has developed a strong "no males" identity for itself. So much so that simply getting to see a male relative of one of the girls (Ritsu's brother) took me by surprise. If you show the girls at College, you kind of have to have important male characters, imo. It would be pretty unusual for none of the girls to get boyfriends in College... unless most or all of them are lesbians, and the anime world often prefers to tease rather than confirm when it comes to yuri relationships.
Old 2011-03-22, 02:16   Link #375
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's clear that this franchise is caught in a bit of a bind.

On the one hand, it's very popular, and could continue to sell well, so its producers naturally want to keep producing more of it.

On the other hand, it's clear that they're fearful of taking the narrative much beyond the high school phase.

I'm rather disappointed that this movie will be a story from the girls' high school days. Their high school days was very nice to watch, of course, but I feel that there's not a whole lot left to do there given what the first two seasons have already covered.

In my view, the best continuation for the K-On! story would be to have the graduated members of the Light Music Club become a professional pop idol group. Watching these girls become celebrities, go on tour, having female fans in the audience who are in light music clubs at their own schools, all of that could be pretty cool.

All of the above being said, I can actually kind of understand them not wanting to show the girls in College much, because for better or for worse, K-On! has developed a strong "no males" identity for itself. So much so that simply getting to see a male relative of one of the girls (Ritsu's brother) took me by surprise. If you show the girls at College, you kind of have to have important male characters, imo. It would be pretty unusual for none of the girls to get boyfriends in College... unless most or all of them are lesbians, and the anime world often prefers to tease rather than confirm when it comes to yuri relationships.
They're attending an all-girl college, good luck finding any boys there (unless they're crossdressers, but let's not go that way).
Old 2011-03-22, 02:21   Link #376
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
They're attending an all-girl college, good luck finding any boys there (unless they're crossdressers, but let's not go that way).
... I must have forgot that detail. Thanks for the reminder, as such.

Ok, now I'm baffled as to why they're not following the K-On! crew into College. Makes no sense.
Old 2011-03-22, 02:26   Link #377
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It does if the creator hasn't written anything (yet) of the college experience!
Old 2011-03-22, 02:48   Link #378
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
It does if the creator hasn't written anything (yet) of the college experience!
Which I think is one of the reasons why they're doing a movie based on the remaining pieces of their high school life: not just because the franchise is still very popular, but also to give full closure to the HS story, give Kakifly the time to work on his new manga and then perhaps make a third anime season that will take them into college.

I think KyoAni has something very interesting for us in store, if they're gonna build a movie around pretty much nothing (in terms of source material) and not make it a recap.
Old 2011-03-23, 10:15   Link #379
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... I must have forgot that detail. Thanks for the reminder, as such.

Ok, now I'm baffled as to why they're not following the K-On! crew into College. Makes no sense.
Because the manga author has now staked that off as his turf (as he's working on a continuation of the series that would do just that) and KyoAni doesn't seem keen on spawning parallel K-Oniverses. Episode 27 seems to be setting the stage for a movie that will neatly bridge the period of time between when the girls graduated high school to the time they start college. At which point, the new 4-koma strips (and any future KyoAni adaptations of them) will pick up the story again.
Old 2011-03-23, 13:27   Link #380
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you read Lucky Star! ... you see that the first set of girls are in college while the upcoming set are now junior/seniors. Their teacher still interacts with the first set socially while teaching the second. We see scenes at college and high school but its really more about their *lives*.

I suspect that's the path we'll see for K-On! ...The author would be crazy not to be taking notes at least from Lucky*Star (another 4-koma). That said --- I think it'd be a crying shame if the author didn't show the band growing professionally and at least end the series with them going professional (feel-good ending).

Tags
comedy, slice of life