AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 00:36   Link #941
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, for now, we don't know what this IS aptitude's connection to piloting skill. But I agree, the author show too many favoritism toward Houki, as a pilot and as Ichika's love interest.
You sure about that? The feeling I got from reading vol 01 - 06 is she's the second to be side-lined next to Rin, and every other characters except Charlotte are portrayed in a bad light imo. Althougt Houki has the most carried-like-a-princess scene

It's not like I'm rooting for HoukiXIchika, who knows Yumizuru might pull an ass conclusion and make Houki another of Ichika's sister, because she has the same aptitude as Chifuyu :P

Oh, don't worry. The author might as well circle-jerking the harems shenanigans and every other girls will have the chance to shine

Also as said bt Nagisako: A Harem King that has no interest in girls
Old 2011-04-22, 01:38   Link #942
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Okay, done reading up to chapter 3. I'm amazed with my reading speed myself =.=". Since it's late, I will write the summary tomorrow. But first thing first, a little something that caught my attention

Spoiler for vol 7:

Somehow, it make me lose my interest in this series quite a bit. Hopefully the author can give plausible explanation by next volume why this happened and what the impact of this ....."event" to the overall story.
Spoiler for About Brunhild:

Quote:
Well, for now, we don't know what this IS aptitude's connection to piloting skill. But I agree, the author show too many favoritism toward Houki, as a pilot and as Ichika's love interest.

Anyway, the promised summary

Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 1 summary:

That was longer than expected O_O. It seems I'm really not good at making short summary XD. Part 1 of chapter 1 for now. Might finish chapter 1 summary by today.
Thanks for the detailed summary

and @justpassingby:

Spoiler for IS relationships:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 02:01   Link #943
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:

Anyway, the promised summary

That was longer than expected O_O. It seems I'm really not good at making short summary XD. Part 1 of chapter 1 for now. Might finish chapter 1 summary by today.
that confirms it... theres no addition to the harem... FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Old 2011-04-22, 02:41   Link #944
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
that confirms it... theres no addition to the harem... FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Hehehe, are you sure? (in teasing mode). Just wait till my later chapter summary to find out :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
You sure about that? The feeling I got from reading vol 01 - 06 is she's the second to be side-lined next to Rin, and every other characters except Charlotte are portrayed in a bad light imo. Althougt Houki has the most carried-like-a-princess scene

It's not like I'm rooting for HoukiXIchika, who knows Yumizuru might pull an ass conclusion and make Houki another of Ichika's sister, because she has the same aptitude as Chifuyu :P

Oh, don't worry. The author might as well circle-jerking the harems shenanigans and every other girls will have the chance to shine

Also as said bt Nagisako: A Harem King that has no interest in girls
Let's see, Houki's spotlight is in vol 4(almost confessing) and vol 3 later half(almost get kissed), oh and also this vol 6. I think that's a lot more than the other girl. Even if the other girl get more harem scene(Laura and Charlotte), none of them has their relationship developed as deep as Houki. In just 6 vol, she almost get kissed, almost confessed twice, get photoed like a couple once, not to mention the number of power-up she got. The others were less important. The author definitely favor Houki more than the others =.="

Edit : the rest of chapter 1 summary will probably be continued tomorrow instead. I have to go to a dinner together with my family and they always take a long time for a dinner.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-04-22 at 04:42.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 06:31   Link #945
Ypocaramel

yea, I;m not surprised about Houki, but I actually wish Rin was a bigger threat than she is. She's a smart, capable girl, aggressive too, and she knows Ichika pretty well. :/ Oh well, let's see what the author cooks up, hope he does it well, and the summaries are appreciated.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 07:37   Link #946
AlaAlba

Spoiler for vol 7:

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2011-04-22 at 09:24.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 01:12   Link #947
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

Let's continue where we left off last time just like I promised .

Spoiler for vol 7 chapter 1 summary continued:

Hope you enjoy chapter 1 even though my English is quite disjointed sometimes XD. Hopefully it's still better than a machine translation

The summary ended up longer than expected, so I hope I can make it briefer for chapter 2, probably gonna do it later this night or tomorrow.
Old 2011-04-23, 02:32   Link #948
Vector

Quote:

The summary ended up longer than expected, so I hope I can make it briefer for chapter 2, probably gonna do it later this night or tomorrow.
Be honest, i prefer longer version
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 02:55   Link #949
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:

As long as it provide good summary, most people will appreciated your "summary text". Ichika still weak as hell xD
Old 2011-04-23, 04:41   Link #950
n0m@n
C-Z

How come Ichika is so weak. He does so good at serious battles, but the LN says that he lost most of the practice matches against other girls.
Laura>Charlotte>Rin>Cecilia>Houki>Ichika.
Rin has only 1 year of IS training and she pwns Ichika easily. Ichika is only improving in terms of his IS changing forms but not in terms of skills. He displayed nice skills in volume 3 in co-battle with Charlotte, but other than that he does nothing. He gets trained by the strongest girl in academy, and Houki who was only slightly stronger than Ichika is now way stronger than Ichika. The gaps between them got bigger. So Ichika seems like he has no spotlight or purpose in the story except for making him look cooler in terms of harem king. I was expecting Ichika to be the strongest in his year by end of his first year, but that might be asking too much to the author.....
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 04:48   Link #951
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Hope you enjoy chapter 1 even though my English is quite disjointed sometimes XD. Hopefully it's still better than a machine translation
'Enjoyed' mate, past tense past tense, we just read it In general be careful with your tenses. But your English is fine seriously haha
Old 2011-04-23, 04:57   Link #952
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
How come Ichika is so weak. He does so good at serious battles, but the LN says that he lost most of the practice matches against other girls.
Laura>Charlotte>Rin>Cecilia>Houki>Ichika.
Rin has only 1 year of IS training and she pwns Ichika easily. Ichika is only improving in terms of his IS changing forms but not in terms of skills. He displayed nice skills in volume 3 in co-battle with Charlotte, but other than that he does nothing. He gets trained by the strongest girl in academy, and Houki who was only slightly stronger than Ichika is now way stronger than Ichika. The gaps between them got bigger. So Ichika seems like he has no spotlight or purpose in the story except for making him look cooler in terms of harem king. I was expecting Ichika to be the strongest in his year by end of his first year, but that might be asking too much to the author.....
That rank no longer apply now. Houki just got a hax power-up thanks to her being able to unleash Kenran-butou at will. With Kenran Butou, her IS superior spec, and the two hax weapon(become 3 in vol 7), I don't think even Charlotte can win against her right now. Like I said, the author favored her too much development wise. Beside that, now that Cecilia can do "Flexible" with her Bits, I doubt Rin can win against her.

Charlotte is very skillful piloting wise, but her machine is too outdated. Pretty soon, she'll be the 2nd weakest one within the group next to Ichika unless she got a better IS or a major upgrade on her IS.
Old 2011-04-23, 05:05   Link #953
n0m@n
C-Z

Houki powered up that much? Looks like she is going to get cocky again just like in volume 3. Its nice to hear that Cecilia is stronger is well, since she was feeling depressed about being one of the weakest out of 6 in volume 5. Charlotte seems the best in terms of IS piloting skills but just like you said her IS it too outdated. Chance of Charlotte getting a new IS seems quite unlikely is well. I hope atleast Laura would stay the strongest out of the 6 for a while. Do you think Houki might be stronger than Laura or Tatenashi now?
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 06:00   Link #954
justpassingby

Might as well put a little summary of my own regarding one of my favorite scene in vol 07

Spoiler for Tatenashi and Houki shower scene pg 170 - 177:

Spoiler for Other favorite, non favorite, and funny scenes:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-04-23 at 09:29. Reason: it's Tabane not Tatenashi oops edit2: Houki monologue
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 06:30   Link #955
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Houki powered up that much? Looks like she is going to get cocky again just like in volume 3. Its nice to hear that Cecilia is stronger is well, since she was feeling depressed about being one of the weakest out of 6 in volume 5. Charlotte seems the best in terms of IS piloting skills but just like you said her IS it too outdated. Chance of Charlotte getting a new IS seems quite unlikely is well. I hope atleast Laura would stay the strongest out of the 6 for a while. Do you think Houki might be stronger than Laura or Tatenashi now?
Stronger than Tatenashi? Definitely not. We get a glimpse of how hax Tatenashi can be when she's serious in this volume. Stronger than Laura? Probably. Laura still has her hax AIC on her own, but Houki's IS is definitely better spec-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Might as well put a little summary on my own regarding one of my favorite scene in vol 07
Hmmm. Personally, I like the fight this time, since this is the first time their life seems to be in danger. In the previous fights, it seems the only thing they're in danger of is just activating absolute defense mechanism. And I support completely the idea of Maaya Sakamoto as Tatenashi XD. Oh and also,

Spoiler for that incident:

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-04-23 at 07:46. Reason: adding info
Old 2011-04-23, 07:03   Link #956
Ypocaramel

Spoiler for Houki/Tabane:
Old 2011-04-23, 08:03   Link #957
justpassingby

Quote:
Spoiler for that incident:
I was thinking she is much younger during the 'Incident'
Old 2011-04-23, 08:12   Link #958
ZeKeR
Superbad

after reading the summary... all i can think of is this:

*insert michael jackson's smooth criminal theme here*
Old 2011-04-23, 08:19   Link #959
larethian

I really think what Ichika needs is an upgrade in his brains.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 09:36   Link #960
Ypocaramel

Spoiler for Spoilers (for Gundam in general, Gundam Unicorn novels too!):

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen