AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 20:22   Link #301
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^Thanks a lot for that. I hope you'll translate the Christmas one too.
No promises (firest and foremostly because that one's a bit troublesome at my current skill level), but maybe I will late ron - and there's a few others as well, so...

Quote:
^I haven't gotten around to playing with Caster yet. I seriously needed a break after playing the game twice. I was hoping Rani's route would be competely different from Rin's, but nope, it's pretty much the same thing (save for one new servant/master pair) except Rani's got as much personality as a dead fish. I was sorely disappointed. Having the two of them use exactly the same strategies on the sixth week was retarded too.
Hmm, that'äs bad news for me . I've resolved to play thorugh this game seven times (possilby eight, but...), but that has so far always been on the Rin route, because frankly, I just can't see why we should choose Rani - we interact way more with Rin than her and Rin helps us way more than Rani, so... And if there's not a lot of difference int he path we take there, then.. . I'm now on my fourth playthough, aiming for the Rani Route, but I tell you, I probably won't enjoy it nearly as much as the Rin Route...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Haha... Saber's strategy at the beginning of part 2 was exactly what I did with her everytime I activated her Noble Phantasm.
I 've discovered that I've done a mistake there though - what she uses is not Thundrous Applause but rather, Blossom of the court... <_<.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 15:09   Link #302
Shadow5YA

You don't choose the Rani route for Rani. You do it to see a certain Tsukihime girl as a Servant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I 've discovered that I've done a mistake there though - what she uses is not Thundrous Applause but rather, Blossom of the court... <_<.
Not that different. Blossom of the Court is ideal, but you can spam Thunderous Applause too if you want to save MP.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 15:40   Link #303
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
You don't choose the Rani route for Rani. You do it to see a certain Tsukihime girl as a Servant..
Hmm, good point

Quote:
Not that different. Blossom of the Court is ideal, but you can spam Thunderous Applause too if you want to save MP.
Yeah... But that's quite a lot of MP spent there . Makes me wonder what level this Saber is...
Old 2012-01-07, 23:24   Link #304
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Yeah... But that's quite a lot of MP spent there . Makes me wonder what level this Saber is...
Who says you can't use healing items like Elixirs? By the time you have your Noble Phantasm and Blossom of the Court unlocked, there's only one or two Servants left to beat.
Old 2012-01-08, 00:35   Link #305
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Who says you can't use healing items like Elixirs? By the time you have your Noble Phantasm and Blossom of the Court unlocked, there's only one or two Servants left to beat.
She has no master to administer those here though . Ah well, I guess this may explain why she's "out of options" as she puts it - using that much MP means that there's not much left if the enemy survives and counterattacks
Old 2012-01-09, 23:59   Link #306
Meltyred

Quote:
No promises (firest and foremostly because that one's a bit troublesome at my current skill level), but maybe I will late ron - and there's a few others as well, so...

Hmm, that'äs bad news for me . I've resolved to play thorugh this game seven times (possilby eight, but...), but that has so far always been on the Rin route, because frankly, I just can't see why we should choose Rani - we interact way more with Rin than her and Rin helps us way more than Rani, so... And if there's not a lot of difference int he path we take there, then.. . I'm now on my fourth playthough, aiming for the Rani Route, but I tell you, I probably won't enjoy it nearly as much as the Rin Route...

Don't play Rani route for Rani, do it for Aruceid!
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 02:26   Link #307
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Don't play Rani route for Rani, do it for Aruceid!
Though admittedly, that's not much incentive to do Rani's route because as a Berserker, she would naturally be under MAD ENHANCEMENT most of the time.
Old 2012-01-11, 01:48   Link #308
JohnNiles

Actually, Rani route has what I thought was the funniest line in the game: "I thought you were from Egypt, not Babylon!" (Requires you select Archer)
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 13:18   Link #309
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I want back into that nurse's office!!!

EDIT: On a side note, I am getting fed up with getting game overs because of stupid rock-paper-scissors. The battle system in this game sucks.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2012-01-16 at 14:02.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 12:57   Link #310
Meltyred

Quote:
Though admittedly, that's not much incentive to do Rani's route because as a Berserker, she would naturally be under MAD ENHANCEMENT most of the time.
Defeat Arc 1st.
Then you can see the awesomeness of it.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 15:55   Link #311
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I want back into that nurse's office!!!

EDIT: On a side note, I am getting fed up with getting game overs because of stupid rock-paper-scissors. The battle system in this game sucks.
You have to learn to memorize their patterns. Regular enemies have about 3 patterns they use. I went Saber first because she could simply tank anything and I killed them enough to start figuring out their patterns. By the third playthrough the only real threats are if you screw up a step, bosses, and Nephilm enemies.
Old 2012-01-17, 16:04   Link #312
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Actually, Rani route has what I thought was the funniest line in the game: "I thought you were from Egypt, not Babylon!" (Requires you select Archer)
I liked "Rin went from comatose to bitch in three seconds flat" better myself, but yeah, that was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
You have to learn to memorize their patterns. Regular enemies have about 3 patterns they use. I went Saber first because she could simply tank anything and I killed them enough to start figuring out their patterns. By the third playthrough the only real threats are if you screw up a step, bosses, and Nephilm enemies.
Enemies are almost always a pain the first time you face them though. A useful trick is to use an attack skill (the least MP consuming) on the third and sixth slots to break your enemy's chain in case you majorly screw up.

Thankfully, the enemy patterns you have unveiled carry over to new game plus, so the game gets easier the more you play it. My Caster playthrough should be a cake walk, though bosses might be a problem.
Old 2012-01-17, 17:54   Link #313
Twi

Quote:
I liked "Rin went from comatose to bitch in three seconds flat" better myself, but yeah, that was pretty funny.

Enemies are almost always a pain the first time you face them though. A useful trick is to use an attack skill (the least MP consuming) on the third and sixth slots to break your enemy's chain in case you majorly screw up.

Thankfully, the enemy patterns you have unveiled carry over to new game plus, so the game gets easier the more you play it. My Caster playthrough should be a cake walk, though bosses might be a problem.
Casters, actually gets somewhat easier against bosses once you can pinpoint when they use their skills and then counter with her ability absorbing skill. Plus, you'll be using her magic skills to cause damage rather than physical attacks, so you can bypass the regular attack, guard, or break system when you want.

Especially when you consider that your skills can stop an enemy attack, then it's a case of spamming Mp Heal.
Old 2012-01-17, 22:19   Link #314
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That was a shocking line. Never imagined anyone calling Rin a bitch but I can see where it's coming from.

Some of these lines are funny though.

Quote:
I have Rin and Saber to lean on.

I know they both want my inner resolve to well up on its own.

Just knowing that, I feel like my cup overflows. Although it's up to me to make sure the water's pure.

One thing they've taught me is that I shouldn't be ashamed, even if I'm empty now.

Quote:

Yes, the first time is hard because it's mostly guess work. The worst is when I level up twice and am ready to exit the field after one more bad guy and they get a stroke of luck with a couple of critical hits and kill me. It sucks, lol.
Old 2012-01-19, 14:01   Link #315
Nerroth
NePoi!

Ghostlight are bringing F/E to Europe.
Old 2012-01-22, 21:13   Link #316
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, I finished my first play through. Did the Rin route (naturally) and it was a good ride. A little tedious with the arena play but Saber and Rin are all kinds of fun.

I am a little annoyed that I missed one of Taiga's gifts. I figured it didn't make any difference and then I find out there's a secret boss if you get them all. >.< Guess I'll just do it with Archer.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:46   Link #317
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am a little annoyed that I missed one of Taiga's gifts. I figured it didn't make any difference and then I find out there's a secret boss if you get them all. >.< Guess I'll just do it with Archer.
Was it your first playthrough? If so, then it doesn't matter - you CANNOT get all of Taiga's items & face the Secret Boss on your first playthrough...
Old 2012-01-23, 00:47   Link #318
Nerroth
NePoi!

Has anyone here seen any reports on how well the download version of the game runs on the PS Vita?

(If not, it might be something to look out for once the new machine hits Western shelves next month.)
Old 2012-01-23, 01:29   Link #319
JohnNiles

Quote:
Was it your first playthrough? If so, then it doesn't matter - you CANNOT get all of Taiga's items & face the Secret Boss on your first playthrough...
You can't get them all on your first playthrough? Are you sure about that? I did miss one item, but that's because I was too concerned about getting killed to search the arena thoroughly.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 08:06   Link #320
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I got all of Taiga's items on my first playthrough so it's definitely possible. There's no way to fight the secret boss unless you're on new game+ though, which sucks since fighting her with Saber would have been a lot easier.

I started my Caster playthrough yesterday. She's such a lovely wife~! So horny, too

Tags
ps vita, psp