AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-04, 03:10   Link #121
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Oh, man. I kept wishing that Shrade would recover, but it just wasn't meant to be, huh? His death scene was done well though. The song had the first opening of both seasons of the series which made it more emotional. Didn't expect that one. The real killer was the name of the move that he used to open a path. He was my favorite character alongside Cayenne too. T^T

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Still, to think Apollo is that bloody dog. Something inside me died, and I believe I popped a vein or two...

Didn't Apollo had a scene in the second half of Genesis, where his back was glowing, and seemed like there's a scar from getting his wing ripped off? I believe there's also another scene in one of the early episodes of the first season, where Apollo seemed like a totally different person, and was preaching regarding Silvia's poor performance in combat. I remember it since Apollo was rather dignified and divine in manners compared to his usual behavior.

at any rate, one of the things I liked about the episode is the ending theme. They brought it back, thank god! It's far more fitting than the second ending song. No offense to anyone who loves it though.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:10   Link #122
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I would argue that was sort of the whole basis of their relationship, even if they fell in love on their own terms and not just because of who they were purportedly reincarnations of.

And of course, in the end in turns out that Silvia was in love with a dog. A dog. What a timeless, classic romance for the ages. A dog.

This whole show is like a slap in the face, I swear.
Now retrospectively Genesis definitelly has a good end for Sylvia. It prevented her from going further than base one with a dog.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:11   Link #123
Destined_Fate

You forgot the part that Apollonius never tried to make good on his promise and if he's Fudo he has openly encouraged his reincarnated lover to get with that "dog" and since he's always with her.... Yeah. That's just all kinds of creepy.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:12   Link #124
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You forgot the part that Apollonius never tried to make good on his promise and if he's Fudo he has openly encouraged his reincarnated lover to get with that "dog" and since he's always with her.... Yeah. That's just all kinds of creepy.
It really doesn't make any sense. They're just trolling for the sake of it and it's really insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Oh, man. I kept wishing that Shrade would recover, but it just wasn't meant to be, huh? His death scene was done well though. The song had the first opening of both seasons of the series which made it more emotional. Didn't expect that one. The real killer was the name of the move that he used to open a path. He was my favorite character alongside Cayenne too. T^T
This show would have been much better had they dropped the main trio entirely and just had an ensemble cast. The side characters are the only ones I feel are worth caring about.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:15   Link #125
Destined_Fate

It would have been better if they actually made the love triangle work and not just kept kicking Zessica around and leaving Amata and Mikono stagnant for all these episodes. They're just using this reincarnation business to troll fans, even the original took the reincarnation business more seriously. At least they did originally but now that Apollo is in fact just a reincarnated dog that wanted to hump the leg of his Masters lover and there was no 12,000 promise for Genesis...
Old 2012-06-04, 03:16   Link #126
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

how to ruin a good show by the troll god.

1. have no idea about story plot. Check
2. Have no idea what the previous season was about. Check
3. Base true love off a dog which magically reincarnated from a dog to a human and fell in love with said reincarnation of your masters lover. Check
4. make sure women with big boobs turn into guys. Check
5. make the show about getting revenge on a dog. Check
6. and if people still watch my last 3 episodes ill make sure to put in something even more stupid. TBA

think this is one show ill let my border colie watch since it has more of a connection to her.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:16   Link #127
Thess

Quote:
If Fudo is Apollonius, I'll cheer for poor Mykage.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-04, 03:17   Link #128
Zuul

Does it make me an horrible person to like that dog love thing cute.

Now it won't salvage AmataxMikono in my eyes, because it seriously lacks positive development.

But still cute. A bit icky though.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:18   Link #129
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It would have been better if they actually made the love triangle work.
Amata and Mikono are just sort of inherently bad characters though. A series that focused on the whole Altair-Vega conflict without any of the reincarnation crap would probably have been much more consistent because it wouldn't have had to pause to tease us about the previous series every few weeks.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:19   Link #130
Destined_Fate

Indeed, those two were handled horribly. That's why I'm standing with that the dog thing was never planned but they needed some way to make Amata able to fight fate and not be a hypocrite. Which again is completely stupid since to be fighting fate he would need to be competeing with Apollonius who doesn't seem to be trying at all in EVOL or Genesis. So really? What the heck is he fighting again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
how to ruin a good show by the troll god.

1. have no idea about story plot. Check
2. Have no idea what the previous season was about. Check
3. Base true love off a dog which magically reincarnated from a dog to a human and fell in love with said reincarnation of your masters lover. Check
4. make sure women with big boobs turn into guys. Check
5. make the show about getting revenge on a dog. Check
6. and if people still watch my last 3 episodes ill make sure to put in something even more stupid. TBA

think this is one show ill let my border colie watch since it has more of a connection to her.
Which is sad that sine it seemed like it had a great start compared to the original. Yet as the episodes kept coming things just kept getting worse. Also, I'm still a little angry that they had that whole "be buried alive" training exercise and nothing amounted to it. Kagura still wiped the floor with everyone and in his fate with Amata it was so one sided....

Is no one allowed to get stronger either? What the heck...
Old 2012-06-04, 03:24   Link #131
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The side characters are the only ones I feel are worth caring about.
Oh, I feel better knowing that I'm not the only odd one here then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
5. make the show about getting revenge on a dog.
Well, Mykage's hatred is focused on the world, but I guess the dog counts too. It kinda explains why he enjoyed seeing Kagura screaming at Jin not to touch his wench in a certain episode.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:25   Link #132
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Amata and Mikono are just sort of inherently bad characters though.
Whether the worst or best pair, these two shares it. They are a couple.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:25   Link #133
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Indeed, those two were handled horribly. That's why I'm standing with that the dog thing was never planned but they needed some way to make Amata able to fight fate and not be a hypocrite.
What I don't get is why they needed this whole "fighting fate" theme at all. It's overused and for that matter doesn't make any damn sense in Aquarion, the whole "fated lovers" thing is supposed to be something beautiful and not bad.

Hell, they even named the two planets in this series after the bloody Tanabata myth... what happened to this project?
Old 2012-06-04, 03:26   Link #134
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Oh, I feel better knowing that I'm not the only odd one here then.

Well, Mykage's hatred is focused on the world, but I guess the dog counts too. It kinda explains why he enjoyed seeing Kagura screaming at Jin not to touch his wench in a certain episode.
I feel super bad for Kagura.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:27   Link #135
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Quote:
Indeed, those two were handled horribly. That's why I'm standing with that the dog thing was never planned but they needed some way to make Amata able to fight fate and not be a hypocrite. Which again is completely stupid since to be fighting fate he would need to be competeing with Apollonius who doesn't seem to be trying at all in EVOL or Genesis. So really? What the heck is he fighting again?

Which is sad that sine it seemed like it had a great start compared to the original. Yet as the episodes kept coming things just kept getting worse. Also, I'm still a little angry that they had that whole "be buried alive" training exercise and nothing amounted to it. Kagura still wiped the floor with everyone and in his fate with Amata it was so one sided....

Is no one allowed to get stronger either? What the heck...
Well I would have to say most of the characters got stronger but Amata pretty much stayed the same. Couldn't even remember that Detachment wings were immune against kaguras power, which makes the last episode stupid enough. Which makes the whole series stupid if two parts of a dogs soul are fighting for each other to become Mikono's lover. There's two legs, why can't each have one leg and just hump it (woops did i just ruin the ending?).
Old 2012-06-04, 03:28   Link #136
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
I would argue that was sort of the whole basis of their relationship, even if they fell in love on their own terms and not just because of who they were purportedly reincarnations of.

And of course, in the end in turns out that Silvia was in love with a dog. A dog. What a timeless, classic romance for the ages. A dog.

This whole show is like a slap in the face, I swear.
I can sort of see what you mean, but that contradicts itself inherently. It can't be the whole basis of their relationship if they fell in love on their own terms and not just because of their reincarnations.

What it might represent is that the story was presented to the audience as being an eternal reincarnation romance thing, but that in the end that turned out to be a lie. I can remember reading through the EVOL post before the forum was put up, and seeing people talking about the reincarnations on the basis that whoever Apollonius-Apollo and Celiane-Sylvia turned out to be, that was it, they were fated and would be lovers without a doubt. In that sense it is certainly a betrayal of anyone who cared about that. I don't know about the OAV, but Genesis never gave much characterisation to Celiane-Apollonius anyway, so I don't care if they got split up in the next life. The ones we did get to see interact were Silvia and Apollo.

Quote:
It's meaingless because what was the point of the promise made 12,000 years ago when Pollon made no such promise and just had a hard on for his masters lover.
That reduces the romance to just being a promise, though. As if the promise was the only thing which mattered, and no love could contradict it.

Earlier on the series, the EVOL staff did say that people would not necessarily fall in love just because they had been lovers in a past life. That didn't seem to shock anyone too much then. But it turned out that the couple they may have been referring to were a different couple from the one we all thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I feel super bad for Kagura.
Poor kid. Mykage felt full of rage over being fooled about Apollo...so of course he would enjoy being cruel to Kagura, especially since he's the one who is more obviously like Apollo. No wonder the previous ep's preview had him listing "Kagura's screams" amongst the things he likes the best.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:29   Link #137
Destined_Fate

Still removes the hook for Genesis and puts some scenes into questions. Also makes Silvia's love seem unreal since even though she fell in love with Apollo she was still under the assumpion that Apollo was the reincarnation of Apollonius and they were destined for each other. Not some unfaithful dog that made a promise of his own, without her consent, to meet her again and try to cover all four bases because he's jelly of his Master. Speaking of his Master, if he's Fudo than how could he have just let all that stuff happen?

Also, if he's a Dog than why is Aquarion responding to him again?

Quote:
What I don't get is why they needed this whole "fighting fate" theme at all. It's overused and for that matter doesn't make any damn sense in Aquarion, the whole "fated lovers" thing is supposed to be something beautiful and not bad.

Hell, they even named the two planets in this series after the bloody Tanabata myth... what happened to this project?
They kinda dug themselves into a hole. I'm sure they didn't see how stupid fighting fate was if Amata was the reincarnated Apollonius until they got a ton of feedback telling them that was the case. Since they're intent on tormenting Zessica it means they never planned for her to win and it was always Mikono so they went with Beastality to try and make Amata x Mikono work. It was also dumb making Kagura the "other" Amata than have them argueing about who's more fated with Mikono.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:35   Link #138
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
What it might represent is that the story was presented to the audience as being an eternal reincarnation romance thing, but that in the end that turned out to be a lie.
Which is why it's such a pointless slap-in-the-face, see.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:36   Link #139
ZetaAEUG

The angle/theme i think they're going for is that the love that spans lifetimes is a bad thing. For Mykage/Touma his love has corrupted him and resulted in him becoming a murderer and now he's just a spirit of vengeance. Amata is the opposite and believes that he should be able to live out his life in the present rather than cling to some fate predestined for him.

It's also the message Fudo was giving to Neo-Deava when revealing the truth to them. They panic for a little while when they see the empty page and don't even realize that it's their responsibility to make their own path. Or maybe it's just me trying to make sense of this stupid plot.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:37   Link #140
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

I guess Shrade and the series have something in common this episode.

They both died.
Closed Thread