AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 09:04   Link #30741
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the character I thought of was somewhat similar. Become an IS pilot to support her family or to fulfill a promise after 6 years of waiting.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 09:14   Link #30742
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Was thinking of a brief villian-ish moment for Inami... But I'm still trying to find something of a personal level that would set him off against the IS so bad.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:22   Link #30743
demino_hellsin
That one guy

a company hires tsurugi to be a test pilot. At first things go well however she starts spwnding less time with her friends abd more time at work to the point they don't meet anymore. As it turns out she's being used asa guinea pig to create the ultimate IS pilot
Old 2012-05-10, 09:29   Link #30744
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now demi, that's over the top.

And frankly, Deus Angst Machina don't suit Athena at all. We need more subtle approach.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:29   Link #30745
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Might work... Guess I'll think of other ways while I'm asleep. :3

Also...

Quote:
Drop point reached, deploying cargo.

*THUNK* *GRRRNNNN*

Loud symphonies of metal noises fill the entire pod as the cargo bay hatch begins to shift open. The clamped Carnage unit is then lowered to the bottom of the pod while the very distant ground can be seen through the opened bay doors.

Purging clamps. Initiating Carnage’s drop sequence.

*CLANK*

The humongous pair of hydraulic clamps on the Carnage’s sides snaps open, releasing the assault armor unit into a freefall as a pair of temporary stabilizers deploy on its sides which then causes the Carnage to glide its way down.

Gerald snickers as he watches the assault armor descend out of sight then climbs over the safety railings, preparing to jump out of the cargo bay.

“This is the Pallas, commencing mission.”

Without hesitation, he dives through the open cargo bay while activating the Minerva Pallas’ feet thrusters.

“Carnage System, combat mode!”

As he heads for the gliding Carnage, the temporary stabilizers automatically purges itself from the hull of the unit as it begins to transform into its primary, humanoid form.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:37   Link #30746
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
a company hires tsurugi to be a test pilot. At first things go well however she starts spwnding less time with her friends abd more time at work to the point they don't meet anymore. As it turns out she's being used asa guinea pig to create the ultimate IS pilot
I got a better idea.

Tsurugi is walking down the street humming and skipping until suddenly Detective-san jumps out of an alley and kidnaps her. Detective-san sends a note to Inami saying that Tsurugi is now his so don't bother looking for them in XXX XXXXXX XX XXXX XX. Inami rushes over to that exact location only to discover that it was trap set by Detective-san. He traps Inami and forcibly removes him from his armor, then he fires his special ray-gun which turns anyone into a girl. Inami is now a girl and Detective-san makes him/her do yuri with Tsurugi while Detective-san watches while stroking a light-brown cat.

There's more to this but I feel like this is enough for now.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:40   Link #30747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*Loads gatling gun*

Box, please, not that one.
Old 2012-05-10, 10:00   Link #30748
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Inami comes imto contact with a drone transporting a genuine IS core that was "liberated" by some unsavory individuals. Inami decides to add an additional objective of core retrieval. The core ends up being passed around between people into a practically forsaken city.

Inami braves through it and realizes that even non-soldiers, mobsters or even mob criminals are willinh to go through great lemgths or a quick million using the IS core. More so when he is attacked by a street urchin with only a glass shard clutched tightly in a bleeding hand.

Inami had asked the child if the child knew what the core was. The child answers that he has no idea, just that it has something to do with IS and that means money.
Old 2012-05-10, 10:17   Link #30749
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Inami is not a nihilist, he is not going to channel Nietzsche and "Oh I.S. corrupt everyone, lets just destroy it".

And as Stratos said, the reason has to be personal.... hmmm... need to think something. Probably "Tsurugi as victim idea" work in another scenario, but that would be a badass decay if done wrong.
Old 2012-05-10, 11:42   Link #30750
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Imagine this: you have this girlfriend, you know she's kind and relatively unaffected by the social shift, but still she can't resist everything. Then it drift two of you apart, you gave up and then went into suicide/ leaving her for good.

What WOULD your girlfriend think if she's head over heels for you?

1. Hated your guts for being a coward and is traumatized
Zero has a point about this part..... Girls probably look down on guys because....

Guys (in IS-verse) are....
> Whiny and bitching about their social status being lowered
> Talking about karma striking the girls (conveniently forgetting about girls being abused by guys for centuries and whatever happen is actually karma affecting the guys)
> probably trying too hard to be as manly as possible(yea...so bad that it very obvious and some girls hate it) but end up falling flat rather than trying to adapt to the new situation.....

Even I feel like looking down on guys whenever people start talking about guys Destroying IS.....

Edit: It really felt like witch-hunting.....with IS-pilots as witches and IS as witchcraft....
Old 2012-05-10, 18:32   Link #30751
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Ager
Exactly, it's really depend on the original culture though.

As I said WAAAY before, Japan is one that got it worst, supported by canon. A lot of Feminism/Misandry satire in Japan are like this (for example the 4-koma manga "I love 9"), poking fun at the idea of men treated as trash or worse.

This is because modern people realize the problem with 'men being superior' attitude, they never lose it, but it gradually lessened. And again, to the point of self-parody. Almost, if not all, such kind of satire is made by men.

On the other hand, imagine what kind of impact I.S. brought in a supposedly gender neutral country. Or a place where the gender disparity not too obvious (such as USA), the reaction are enraged men and women alike ("By God? Why are they such a bitch?" "We're not a bitch like that, I swear")

As for the witch hunting analogy, well, hardly surprising. Human always felt threatened by the kind of power they can't control AND comprehend.
Old 2012-05-10, 19:53   Link #30752
DarkJak2050

Alright, I maybe a little late on these guys but...

Fanfics spotted:

After the Battle
Infinite Stratos Infinite Possibilities
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 01:57   Link #30753
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Alright, I maybe a little late on these guys but...

Fanfics spotted:

After the Battle
Infinite Stratos Infinite Possibilities
those two fanfics need some improvements there ..the second one make me feel annoyed or bored
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 02:32   Link #30754
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The one thing I can't accept about IS. Is their supposed superiority to the point that the tech could not be equaled in even a 10 year gap. No country has ever been able to truly make the machine their own and in essence everyone is still playing on Tabane's hand. The question of "Why is there absolutely nothing that can stand up against them?" always plagues me.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:10   Link #30755
Eratas123

Okay Demi, tell me of anything that can stand up against them that we have right now. Don't say nuke, no country uses that unless they're crazy.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:14   Link #30756
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Okay Demi, tell me of anything that can stand up against them that we have right now. Don't say nuke, no country uses that unless they're crazy.
Antimatter, many times more powerful than nukes but many times more expensive and many times more difficult to make.

But hey, i'd still say it's not as crazy as using nukes...for environmental reasons.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:18   Link #30757
Eratas123

Okay, now lets make an anti-matter gatling gun that can instantly home in on targets that are faster than jets, have better shields than most, covered in strong metallic armor, and have weapons that can bisect you with a scratch.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:31   Link #30758
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Okay, now lets make an anti-matter gatling gun that can instantly home in on targets that are faster than jets, have better shields than most, covered in strong metallic armor, and have weapons that can bisect you with a scratch.
Wut are you talking about, one teaspoon of antimatter is like 75 atomic bombs...

...that being the case, do you think aiming would matter?
Old 2012-05-11, 03:34   Link #30759
demino_hellsin
That one guy

anti-matter engine + quantum computer = IS

At least in theory... we have all that at our disposal anyway. Theories describe a possibility of gravity alteration already in a way which makes sense scientifically. Lots of other things... but seriously.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:47   Link #30760
Eratas123

The thing is this: Nobody allows Nuke usage, let alone whatever the hell anti-matter is. The thing that makes IS so strong is that no one knows what the hell they're made of. No ifs, ands, or buts are gonna change that beyond intentionally weakening them for your story or making up some kind of "Everybody suddenly knows what they're made of" scheme.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest