AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2015-11-13, 17:19   Link #1
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Explosion and shootings at Paris 11/13/2015

at least 26 dead after one explosion at the Stade de France and shootings in Paris, also hostage situation at the Bataclan just when a concert started.

Weeks after France started attacking ISIS! WHAT A TIMING!
Old 2015-11-13, 18:09   Link #2
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Months after Charlie Hebdo, weeks after russian plane crash...

This happens...

I'm once again disappointed in Humanity. At least 60 killed...3 explosion near stade de france during a football match. Attacking a concert hall...

Edit: bataclan concert hall attack still ongoing...people are still dying a survivor on fb says.
Old 2015-11-13, 18:17   Link #3
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Closed borders.
State of emergency declared. The last time a state of emergency happened, it was in 2005 during the riots.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 19:05   Link #4
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

It's even worse, 100 dead confirmed in Paris attacks.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 19:16   Link #5
Zakoo

Fine here, checking on friends.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 19:18   Link #6
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Fine here, checking on friends.
Same. Luckily I've got no friends near that place.
Old 2015-11-13, 19:35   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Think I'm fortunate that my folks left Paris a week ago or so before this started up.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 19:43   Link #8
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm speechless about what's happened. I'm shocked that this has happened so soon after the Charlie Hebdo attacks and my thoughts are with all Parisians and the rest of the French people.

I've been following the news on France 24. I was watching the BBC at first but after they got some douchebag on blaming Syrian refugees for the attacks I got so disgusted that I just had to change channels. It sickens me that people are so quick to reach their own flawed xenofobic conclusions without a shed of evidence. Absolutely disgusting. :-\
Old 2015-11-13, 19:55   Link #9
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Geez, more than 100 dead. Absolutely horrible.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 19:58   Link #10
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

At least 80 dead just in the Bataclan alone. Just to let the horror sink in your mind, one of the hostages who escaped begged on Facebook that the RAID storm the place as soon as possible because the terrorists were killing the hostages one by one. When the RAID finally stormed the place, one of the policemen stated it was a scene of horor, they were walking on corpses, figuratively speaking. About 60 people were sent to the hospital, critically wounded, their life endangered.
Old 2015-11-13, 20:32   Link #11
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I heard from media aka BBC that corpses of hostages were found to be killed via execution. Children in the theatre were not spared.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 20:33   Link #12
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Live Update via the Guardian.

Live Update on Reddit.

I am flying out to Rome tomorrow. I will not be afraid. Fuck the terrorists.

For a "silver lining," thank all that is good in the world that the attack on Stade de France failed. The murders at the Bataclan will go down as among the worst terrorist attacks in history, but it could have been much, much worse.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 20:40   Link #13
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

I'll check back tomorrow for some of my friends from my former uni who are still living intra-muros. I have heard some terrorists were doing drive-by shootings at various pubs where youth were partying. I pray they were not at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 2015-11-13, 20:41   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

120 people killed in the concert alone? That's just horrific. My deep condolences to all the families and friends.

Btw, is this another ISIS attack or just extremists? Curse them all the same.
Old 2015-11-13, 20:57   Link #15
rantaid

it is the ISIS seems to be, is watching Russian Today because i did not find them in my local news channel or channels new asia.

btw, update seems to be 140 casualties
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 21:02   Link #16
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Account of a survivor of Bataclan, in french

http://www.lemonde.fr/police-justice...4_1653578.html

I quote, "each time someone moved, there was a gunshot."
Old 2015-11-13, 21:26   Link #17
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Sheba, are you in Paris? Stay safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
it is the ISIS seems to be
As likely as it is, it is still speculation at this point. To quote the Guardian:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian Live Updates
What we know about the attackers

In short: very little so far. Here is what is known.

The Paris prosecutor has said that five attackers may be dead across the various attack locations.
Reports says three were killed in the operation by French security forces to retake the Bataclan.
It was also reported that there were two suicide attacks at the Stade de France.
It is not known how many attackers were involved and how many could still be at large.
The prosecutor has said “accomplices” may still be on the loose.
There are also scattered reports of the assailants crying out Allahu Akbar, and that there were mentions that this is "for Syria," but nothing confirmed officially.
Old 2015-11-13, 21:33   Link #18
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm speechless about what's happened. I'm shocked that this has happened so soon after the Charlie Hebdo attacks and my thoughts are with all Parisians and the rest of the French people.

I've been following the news on France 24. I was watching the BBC at first but after they got some douchebag on blaming Syrian refugees for the attacks I got so disgusted that I just had to change channels. It sickens me that people are so quick to reach their own flawed xenofobic conclusions without a shed of evidence. Absolutely disgusting. :-\
Curious, what group do you think was responsible for this?
Old 2015-11-13, 21:43   Link #19
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Curious, what group do you think was responsible for this?
The Charlie Hebdo attackers were French-born citizens of North African descent.

Not that it is impossible for ISIS to infiltrate the waves of refugees coming into Europe, but from the perspective of a terrorism threat, I would be much more concerned about the radicalization of local disaffected Muslim populations through borderless social media and Saudi-funded Wahhabi mosques and their radical clerics.
Old 2015-11-13, 21:51   Link #20
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The Charlie Hebdo attackers were French-born citizens of North African descent.

Not that it is impossible for ISIS to infiltrate the waves of refugees coming into Europe, but from the perspective of a terrorism threat, I would be much more concerned about the radicalization of local disaffected Muslim populations through borderless social media and Saudi-funded Wahhabi mosques and their radical clerics.
At some point, someone will have to do something because we just cannot let whatever cult/ideology threatening to drag countries into fear just because a bunch of sociopaths know fuck all about how to live in a modern society. Whoever they are, my only hope is that they all end up in coffins before anybody else.

Just cut all ties with the Saudi government already! Screw those two-faced bastards.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote