AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 09:20   Link #981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Don't remember you ever saying that.
It was a simplified form of my "Not completely true, you don't have to always use more power to..."

...blah blah blah...
Old 2007-06-01, 09:22   Link #982
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
So the AMF kinda gradually dissolves the spell entering it? What's the basis under the inability of using magic inside wide-range AMF then - impossibility to gather necessary initial amount of energy? Can it be overcome by high-ranking mages? Also I'm waiting for more tricks with AMF - can't the flying drones disrupt flight magic at least (I was so hoping for that to happen )?
AMF is just what it is, an Anti Magic Field. Any magic within its area of effect will be dissolved. So, yes, they can disrupt flight magic. However, that would require the area of effect of the AMF to be quite big. The drones are using it as a simple form of Field-type defensive magic, though. The only new 'tricks' the AMF can have is to become stronger or to increase the area of effect (as we see with those huge, round "level 2" drones).

Quote:
Adjusting amounts of each type of damage is fine, but if there're no limits to it it'd look strange. I can't imagine Fate's and Chrono's energy blades doing low physical damage on clear hit for example.
While I dont recall Chrono's energy blade, I know Fate's is Lightning-elemental. Elemental magic does physical damage, as explained in the Comics. Nanoha's spells are almost all pure-energy-based, that's why, for example, in her battle against Fate in the first season, her Divine Buster was tearing Fate's barrier jacket apart without doing any physical damage to her body (that's why we dont see blood).

@LoweGear They sure needed you for the previous discussion.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:23   Link #983
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Why would anyone create an energy sword, a spell that is obvious used for melee combat, that is completely (being the keyword) harmless physically

I said it was possible, I didn't say they were stupid enough
The sword could have other properties to offset it being c ompletely harmless physically. Remember one of the 10 forms of Rave? I guess it can be used as something like that....

Quote:
People adapt because there's a need to

As my mother now nags at me ,

(This is a direct translation from chinese )

"If the 'mountain' doesn't change, your 'path' must change. If your 'path' doesn't change, you must change..."
and just why is your mother reading Nanoha forums
Old 2007-06-01, 09:24   Link #984
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Actually, having both attributes at their best would be most ideal. And it could always vary by the person. Given this, one would wonder on how broken Chrono must have been during the two earlier seasons if he had Nanoha-level raw magic strength. One could say that he wouldn't be as skillful now, but I doubt Graham and the Lieze twins would have developed him any less. And I also eagerly anticipate the "Limiter release!" scenario.
well he wasnt that far behind nanoha and fate chan to begin with...so given the instance where nanoha had zero training in combat chrono would have had his butt kicked by nanoha anyday if she was lucky enough to recieve training...just to show up how weak he really was
Quote:
People adapt because there's a need to

As my mother now nags at me ,

(This is a direct translation from chinese )

"If the 'mountain' doesn't change, your 'path' must change. If your 'path' doesn't change, you must change..."
haha old chinese proverb...just like what my mum tells me as well @_@

but nanoha just melts the mountain while screaming "die noob!!!"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-01, 09:24   Link #985
Meophist

Quote:
It was a simplified form of my "Not completely true, you don't have to always use more power to..."

...blah blah blah...
Less Power ≠ Less Violence
Old 2007-06-01, 09:26   Link #986
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
The sword could have other properties to offset it being c ompletely harmless physically. Remember one of the 10 forms of Rave? I guess it can be used as something like that....
Loonsave, the sword that cuts intangible objects like fire or so. But hey, there doesn't seem to be a need for that in Nanohaverse.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-01, 09:27   Link #987
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Concerning the entire "magic damage/physical damage" going on, you have to remember that its not just the power of the beam that matters, its also the barrier jacket that stops the damage, or at least reduces most of the physical effects.

Quote:
Wouldn't… umm… Nanoha's A.C.S. be an example for something here?
In my opinion its an example that you need power to break a barrier, as its the most powerfull mode Raising Heart can get. Aerodynamics comes second.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:31   Link #988
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well he wasnt that far behind nanoha and fate chan to begin with...so given the instance where nanoha had zero training in combat chrono would have had his butt kicked by nanoha anyday if she was lucky enough to recieve training...just to show up how weak he really was
And I just suddenly had the desire to see a friendly sparring session with the Aces (one at a time of course) against Chrono; with no limiters involved.

Quote:

More like: "Listen to me! Please!" or "Can't we be friends?"

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-01, 09:32   Link #989
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
In my opinion its an example that you need power to break a barrier, as its the most powerfull mode Raising Heart can get. Aerodynamics comes second.
A certain amount of power is obviously neeeded to get by any defensive mechanism. The point of the A.C.S. is to direct that power into a small space against barriers designed to cover a larger area. It becomes much more effective than simply brute-forcing it using a wider beam.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:33   Link #990
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
I should think Chrono is atleast AA-AA+ rank to around AAA- rank at the time of season one in teams of raw power. since if genetics comes in to play, giving Lindy is a S ranked mage. so Chrono should be above average in magic power and if raw power acts as a imiter then mage rank Chrono should achive is ~S-S+.

while Nanoha at season 1 got her AAA rank with raw magical power alone, so I should think even if Nanoha is a bit stronger if she recived the same amount of training but the gap is not that large
Old 2007-06-01, 09:34   Link #991
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh crap! The thread is coming alive again!!!

What I have I done!?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post

While I dont recall Chrono's energy blade...
Stinger Blade Execution Shift!!

Quote:
Lol! Did you randomly guessed that I watched "Rave" ?

Yes, the Fourth sword - "Runesave" was it?

Well, it's going to be ALOT more complicating to cast...

Quote:

and just why is your mother reading Nanoha forums
Nono, you don't understand It's just a general nagging...

Quote:
Yes, that's the same if Chrono was lucky enough to receive a huge source of magic ...

Universe balance itself...

Quote:

For Nanoha it's strictly a proverbial mountain...

Quote:
Less Power ≠ Less Violence
Forgive me, I'm unworthy of the language!

I've only barely passed my English O-levels... (Now THIS I'm not kidding )

Quote:
Loonsave, the sword that cuts intangible objects like fire or so. But hey, there doesn't seem to be a need for that in Nanohaverse.
Now that's over powered
Old 2007-06-01, 09:39   Link #992
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Oh crap! The thread is coming alive again!!!

What I have I done!?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stinger Blade Execution Shift!!

I call that an AoE rather then energy blades, through the effectiveness is really lack when you compare it to other AoEs in the series.

Quote:

Heh, you are from Singapore and I remember watching it on TV while I was in Singapore....

Runesave in Nanoha it could be interesting.

We are breaking the 1000 barrier
Old 2007-06-01, 09:40   Link #993
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
A certain amount of power is obviously neeeded to get by any defensive mechanism. The point of the A.C.S. is to direct that power into a small space against barriers designed to cover a larger area. It becomes much more effective than simply brute-forcing it using a wider beam.
True, that is a far more effective way of using power to break a barrier.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:40   Link #994
Aaron008R

Quote:
Pinpoint penetration mechanics.
There are also some heavy 'shield-breaker' moves done in other anime.
But the whole point up to now has always been about barriers or so. I hope we get something else soon. Garyuu, Zest and Agito(?) come to mind.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-01, 09:42   Link #995
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And I just suddenly had the desire to see a friendly sparring session with the Aces (one at a time of course) against Chrono; with no limiters involved.
NOW then you have that desire?!

Quote:
while Nanoha at season 1 got her AAA rank with raw magical power alone, so I should think even if Nanoha is a bit stronger if she recived the same amount of training but the gap is not that large
Chrono started his training at the age of 5 (I think), so that's 9 years head start

And becoming an Enforcer at the age of 14 or even less? That's quite a feat, not something an average soldier could do.

And whether you like it or not , Yuuno still helped teach Nanoha abit, so it's not like she's completely untrained

Quote:
I call that an AoE rather then energy blades, through the effectiveness is really lack when you compare it to other AoEs in the series.
It's a rain of energy blades

Not a blast of magic

Quote:
Heh, you are from Singapore and I remember watching it on TV while I was in Singapore....

Runesave in Nanoha it could be interesting.

We are breaking the 1000 barrier
AXN yes, but that's on cable

Not many of us have cable
Old 2007-06-01, 09:42   Link #996
Meophist

We should really be moving this to the Magic and Technology thread though…
Old 2007-06-01, 09:43   Link #997
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
True, that is a far more effective way of using power to break a barrier.
More effective? that is yet to be determined, since Starlight Breaker version two does come with the nice package of total shield break.

Besides don't you want to see more people been be friended with Starlight Breaker?

EDIT:
Quote:
We should really be moving this to the Magic and Technology thread though…
Consider at least 500 post in this thread is semi off topic I think another 50 more will not matter
Old 2007-06-01, 09:45   Link #998
Aaron008R

Quote:

And I called it Loonsave. I guess that's what I get for trusting the AXN subs too easily.

Quote:
Now that's over powered
But ONLY through intangible objects...
Wait!
Hell, that'll be pretty damned useful after all.

Quote:
I wonder if he could make a single blade out of the hundred.

Quote:
NOW then you have that desire?!
Let's just call it a reawakened interest.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-01, 09:46   Link #999
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

just one more....

Quote:
More effective? that is yet to be determined, since Starlight Breaker version two does come with the nice package of total shield break.

Besides don't you want to see more people been be friended with Starlight Breaker?
Ah, but what if you can fire a Starlight Breaker inside the barrier? Since that's basically what A.C.S. does, break through a barrier and fire a Starlight Breaker at point-blank range.

To quote Skane: Cheers
Old 2007-06-01, 09:47   Link #1000
Meophist

Quote:
Consider at least 500 post in this thread is semi off topic I think another 50 more will not matter
I just want the Magic and Technology thread to get a bit more attention.
Closed Thread