AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 09:22   Link #1
sneaker

updated group info

Hi,

is there some way we could get the group infos (URL and IRC) updated? I regularly stumble upon missing or outdated info when searching for a group's website, which is kind of annoying. If none of the current mods want to do it I'll volunteer.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 09:32   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

We usually update that information when someone (normally from the group) tells us, rather than spending lots of time checking the details ourselves (because it isn't feasible to automate). If you want to volunteer, to go through and compile a list of updates we need to make, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. If you post the required changes in this thread and the staff will notice them.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 10:06   Link #3
sneaker

Posting them here and then letting some mod change it seems non-straight-forward to me. I'd rather go through the whole list during the next weeks and update the info myself if possible. I suspect the percentage of incomplete/incorrect info to be two digit so this thread would fill very quickly. Is giving me some kind of write access to the group info not possible due to lack of some kind of admin panel/right restrictions/lack of trust?
Old 2010-01-24, 11:19   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
is there some way we could get the group infos (URL and IRC) updated?
The thread (sticky actually) usually used for this is the Fansub groups: Announce your details here! located in the Fansub Group Forum.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 11:46   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
I suspect the percentage of incomplete/incorrect info to be two digit so this thread would fill very quickly.
Build/Ask-for a script to update a entry based on a simple very human readable/verifiable code. The script will contain other checks obviously. Provide entries [for the script to digest] with proof and all problems you described would be solved.
Old 2010-01-24, 11:57   Link #6
sneaker

Yeah, creating some kind of machine readably cvs would probably be a good idea. I just want to know beforehand that the info will get updated then because I don't want to spent hours working on updating the info if no admin is willing to integrate the update.
Old 2010-01-24, 14:31   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spend 5min and get like 3-5 or something then after those are added find another [repeat process].
Old 2010-01-24, 18:02   Link #8
sneaker

Yes. I wanted to do it by hand, but some script could really help speeding things up. (I'll write one myself)

@admins:
If I can't get write access to the infos in what format would you like to get the updates? I'll make a machine readable file.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:54   Link #9
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

No, sorry we can't give you access to the back end. If for no other reason; we would want to at least double-check each of the changes you are suggesting.

I will attach a tab delimited file you can fill out; it is all publicly available information, but it should at least save you from having to harvest the information by scraping one of the mirrors.

If you edit the file and email the changes back to us I'll be able to work out what you've changed and then we can update as appropriate.
Attachment added. I've also ordered the list by group name, to make working through the list one-letter-per-day easier.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20100124-groups.zip (13.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by NightWish; 2010-01-25 at 08:39.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 18:59   Link #10
sneaker

Thx. It could take some time before I get finished, though. (Thinking about doing one letter a day or something like that)
Old 2010-01-25, 17:24   Link #11
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Attachment added. I've also ordered the list by group name, to make working through the list one-letter-per-day easier.
You should [have] bump the thread, its been 14 hours; doubt anyone actually notices =P