AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 23:49   Link #1301
iamthebest22

GUYS HELP ME. I wanna play the Fate/fake free game, i can play it, but i can't update it for my characters, can someone send me a link to the patch that works? i can't get the patch to work, and I want to play more chars then just Saber and Lancer!!!
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 10:24   Link #1302
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
If you bought the game you should be able to update it without problems.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 04:29   Link #1303
Vanta
[Trance Addicted~]

Send a message via MSN to Vanta
Tried to buy the game and realta nua, but no available anywhere anymore... Waiting now...

Last edited by Vanta; 2007-06-10 at 14:55.
Vanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 22:46   Link #1304
iamthebest22

Fate stay night is like literally dead topic now... With less than 3 posts per day... (Criees, damn why those people didn't make a sequel! making us do the work! T_T) Yeah some of us are working on the sequel ourselves!
Old 2007-06-15, 05:37   Link #1305
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Well...when someone starts translating Fate/Zero or when it's anime comes out it'll be a bit more crowded here...
Old 2007-06-16, 06:05   Link #1306
bobo9604

hey guys i know this questions probably been asked a million and 1 times but but is there any upcoming fate stay night projects coming soon that yous know about
bobo9604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 10:52   Link #1307
iamthebest22

No at least not from the official companies who made FSN. However, there are some fans like me who are making scripts of sequels ourselves. Right now there's three different versions: mlai's mines and Nerroth's. You have to PM mlai for her's, and for mines and Nerroth, it's all on this link: Just look at the topic starters, mines called Myown version of FSN sequel, while Nerroth's is called FSN/TF.

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=fanfic
Old 2007-06-16, 23:18   Link #1308
bobo9604

wow thats pretty good if they made 25 episodes i reckon it couldove gone something like that. Do you know anything much about the game fate hollow ataraxia ???
Old 2007-06-17, 01:16   Link #1309
iamthebest22

Yes and I could give you a link that explains some parts of the game. Right now as for the stories, there's an issue because it seems that my idea was also the same as Nerroth's from that forum, so people think I copied him. Right now I'm trying to clear up the misunderstanding. As for the link to Hollow Ataraxia:
http://www.janimes.com/lore/article.php?id=156
Old 2007-06-17, 04:11   Link #1310
bobo9604

yea i was reading it and it seemed like there was a little tiny bit the same in a 1 or 2 of the lines but your story is still pretty much a lot different (who would think of putting rodimus prime into fate stay night anyway) lol
Old 2007-06-24, 21:44   Link #1311
danaman

Anyone know if there is any news about making an anime sequel to fate stay night?
danaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 09:04   Link #1312
Ibuki

As far as I read on other threads....no on a sequel

Dunno about animating the pre-quel though, I believe its called Fate/Zero? It's the grail war before Shiro's time with his dad as saber's master.
Ibuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 13:54   Link #1313
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Ooh, am I resurrecting a dying thread?

I'm new here, finished the anime and trying to start on the game but can't because of a corrupted disc 3 image - the original game is out of the budget of a poor college student like moi, at least for the moment. I've been spending the past few days cramming wiki/TM reads on FSN though. Just a few questions I've been thinking about:

Caliburn
What class weapon would Caliburn be considered as? Shirou imaged it, so it should be at least a grade below its usual class, but GH gives invulnerability to attacks below class A... that means the highest grade an attack from Caliburn is only B++ (how does A+ and A++ rank against A?), right? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Chest Size
Heh, sorry for necroing this dead issue, just wanted to understand something.

The chest sizes quoted in wiki and other places, refer to chest circumference, do they not? I thought boob size is typically measured by cup size, not in numbers... so while Rin has the smallest chest circumference, it might not mean she has the smallest boobs ("boobies! boobies! boobies!" - Mahoro Ando)... nee?

Still, with a waist size of 53cm and weight of 42kg, Saber is... pretty darn scrawny. For a knight with her strength/abilities. And she's supposedly "chunky" by personal admission o_O

Still very huggable anyway ^_^

Pairings
I'm not implying any sort of connection here, but I noticed that for some reason, ignoring the Kirei anomalies, the original Masters and the Servants they summoned are always of the opposite gender (I intentionally left out observations on sexual orientation ^_~).

Could this have something to do with the mana recharge mechanism as it is supposed to be in the game? Might the answer to this explain why Rin could never get Saber in a proper summoning? Pure speculation here, but I just thought it was an interesting observation I never saw discussed in the last 33pagesX40posts (yes, I'm a big time-waster... thank goodness it's summer break).

And does this observation hold true for the 4th HGW too? I'm not too well-versed with the events of Fate/Zero...

If it's any help, iamandragon, I could help a little with the translation... Didn't do too well in Chinese for my exams, but I think I'm ok with simplified chinese. Trad. chinese is still kinda out of my reach for the moment, getting better thanks to manga. The coming 12 months will be crazy thanks to my electives and minor, but I'll try to put in what little's left.
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 17:09   Link #1314
mlai

No, Servants are often the same sex as the Masters. Even when the Master doesn't have a specific hero in mind by using a relic. Examples, Sakura summoned Medusa, Zouken summoned Hassan, Rin's father summoned Gilgamesh, Waver summoned Alexander, that sociopathic dude summoned Bluebeard...
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 17:13   Link #1315
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Yay, Yaoi!

Thank you very much for wanting to help us in the translation. I'll pm you later.

Let's just say Caliburn is just a cheat...the concept of Caliburn is 'brings victory' so the rank doesn't matter. As long as it is activates it'll bring Saber victory in various form...or something like that.

As for chest size, I can tell you that Berserker has the best chest figure.
Old 2007-07-12, 18:21   Link #1316
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
No, Servants are often the same sex as the Masters. Even when the Master doesn't have a specific hero in mind by using a relic. Examples, Sakura summoned Medusa, Zouken summoned Hassan, Rin's father summoned Gilgamesh, Waver summoned Alexander, that sociopathic dude summoned Bluebeard...
Oh yeah, forgot about Sakura *slaps forehead*

Because it seems almost all the pairings in 5HGW stayed as opposite-gender pairings, at least for the Fate path... I suppose that's just to spice things up huh.

Hmm, would be interesting to see Caliburn stacked up against other 'special effect' weapons like Gae Bolg - how is victory defined? Only if the user is left standing, or if the enemy is felled?

Yeah, I read the comment on Berserker a few pages back ^^
Old 2007-07-12, 19:58   Link #1317
Archer

Victory is defined by making a killing blow. An attack that defeats the enemy completely and absolutely.

Servants are incredibly durable, so even a normal killing blow won't be able to completely stop a Servant. Kazuki, the teacher/assassin, couldn't truly hurt Saber even though he struck her with a killing strike to the back of her head.

While the Gae bolg can't be dodged, it can still miss due to chance, as demonstrated by Saber. And even if the heart is physically pierced, some Servants (like Lancer himself) may still be able to move around for a little while before they actually disappear.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 20:31   Link #1318
kureshii
Disabled By Request

So if Caliburn strikes it's *supposed* to guarantee a kill? Or was that 6/7 kills in Berserker's case ^^? Does it even matter how many lives Berserker has left if victory means utterly destroying him? Heh, sorry for the inane questions.

Of course, by kill I mean in the context of servants, i.e. just to take them out of the game, and not in the life-extinguishing sense.

So a luckless Saber w/ Caliburn vs Lancer w/ Gae Bolg = double KO (theoretically)?

I'm in the lab and incredibly bored while trying to come up with forecasting error measures, so you're probably going to see many alternate posts from me =)
Old 2007-07-12, 22:20   Link #1319
Archer

I doubt that Saber needs Caliburn to defeat Lancer, since she could fight him on an equal scale even when she was powered down. (Although that's probably because Lancer was forced to hold back and fight everyone to a tie)

However, if both fighters decided to just go straight to using their Noble Phantasms in that scenario, Lancer will win. The reason? Range.

Normally, Saber would be able to parry Lancer's attacks and get within range of attack, but Lancer has both the Spear of Barbed Death and the Spear of Striking Death Flight. Barbed Death has the special Reversal of Causality effect, which means that Saber would get struck first then the lance will follow. In such a case, Saber cannot parry Lancer's attacks, and will be killed before she can counterattack.

The Spear of Striking Death Flight can just be thrown at her direction and the resulting explosion would be enough to keep her vulnerable for Lancer's next attack, if she didn't die already.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:34   Link #1320
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I doubt that Saber needs Caliburn to defeat Lancer, since she could fight him on an equal scale even when she was powered down. (Although that's probably because Lancer was forced to hold back and fight everyone to a tie)
Mmm, I meant it as a thought experiment actually (with regards to their special effects), but thanks for the battle analysis.

What about alternate uses? From Gate of Babylon it's probably useless except as a projectile, but considering how it keeps its effect even when imaged by Shirou, could he theoretically image it in UBW for IMBA insta-Berserker kill? Thought experiment again, ignoring his chances of striking berserker, assume he does. What if he uses it as a broken Phantasm (i.e. fired as arrow)? Theoretically, Homing Missile of Death(TM)? Again, ignoring chances of hitting or sp.def (i.e. Avalon), assume it does hit... or does some rule say that the promised victory effect is cancelled?