AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-02, 11:28   Link #21
ramlaen

I'm not sure who the MC's design is supposed to appeal to.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2024-04-03 at 01:35. Reason: typo
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-02, 14:13   Link #22
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
I think it is ok to express a feeling without having a reason. It's still better to have an example for making a claim. However, the description feels like the example is from a different show. The demon released by him attempt to kill him. He ends up defeating the demon and the process looks more like a comedy. Another comedy is he is raised by maids. It is probably his mother cannot take care of her many children. So, he has many one-san trying to spoil him. The joke is he doesn't care much about his "harem" because his love for magic.
It did not have the feel of a comedy to me. But I despise arrogant callous OP pricks, so maybe I got a more visceral reaction here than other people.
Old 2024-04-02, 15:13   Link #23
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
By his incredibly annoying personality and how he can't wait to hurt that demon to get more information out of him? He is definitely callous in his pursuit of magic and I don't like that kind of personality. So, to me, he's a dick.
Did you miss the fact that the Demon (aka., Grimoire) first attacked him with his deadly spells? (even-though it was Lloyd who unlocked his seal)

What's wrong with attacking someone who attacked you first or treating them bad?

It was the Demon who was getting ahead of himself, so Lloyd was just treating him the same way (considering that the Demon still planned to secretly attack him even after all that, only to stop after noticing MC's mana amount).

I would have agreed with you, if the Demon hadn't attacked Lloyd and only just showed his Spell properly, and then had Lloyd attacked him to test things. But that wasn't the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Another comedy is he is raised by maids. It is probably his mother cannot take care of her many children. So, he has many one-san trying to spoil him.
MC is the child of royalty.
It's common for them to get Nannies to take care of the children (in this case those being the Maids), rather than the Mother who is probably the Queen (unless the King has multiple wives), so she has to do her own set of work relating to her position, causing her not to take care of her children.

I mean, it isn't really odd, as even in real life, rich people or parents who both work, usually leave the upbringing of their children to caretakers.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-02, 16:43   Link #24
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
What's wrong with attacking someone who attacked you first or treating them bad?
Monsters being evil does not make it right to be evil back at them. Killing that demon quickly or binding it again in a grimoire... sure. Torturing it to get the maximum magical knowledge out of it? Dick move.

Again, if you like those kind of protagonists, good on you. I don't, therefore show dropped.
Old 2024-04-02, 18:30   Link #25
Chosen_Hero

Not even five minutes in and I was already thinking about dropping this, and by the middle point of the episode I didn't care enough to keep watching, this is a drop for me.
Old 2024-04-02, 19:23   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I feel for those maids. What a terrifying thing. An infant throwing around fireballs! Imagine if he actually hit them like he intended to since he thought they were giants (and somehow missed the friendly expressions). Forget a "cute" scene of a kid blowing up a roof...that could have been terrifying .

Of course I suppose they see it differently. Because this show is all in on the shota stuff . While it's not my thing, I can't say anything bad about a show doing its best to appeal to its intended audience.

I respect the MC's fanaticism for magic. It takes quite the mentality to hype up ones love of magic while literally burning to death! Bit awkward as well that the jerk that murdered him actually is proven right. It's all about heritage and innate talent. Having both those things in this life will let Lloyd have a much better time. And if nothing else I respect the MC for putting up barriers often because he doesn't want a repeat of the near massacre he could have caused as an infant.

Just not my thing. Enjoyed the spectacle, but that kid is a bit too nuts . No problem with how he handled the demon. Got a bit sadistic, but...did attack the first time presuming the demon could actually defend himself and the demon was trying to murder him.

Anyways. Solid first episode for what it wants to be. Just in a season this packed it just isn't one I'll keep up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
I'm not sure who the MC's design is supoosed to appeal to.
I'd hardly say shotacons are a mysterious and unheard of group of anime fans. It's obvious exactly who this show is supposed to appeal to .
Old 2024-04-03, 01:49   Link #27
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'd hardly say shotacons are a mysterious and unheard of group of anime fans. It's obvious exactly who this show is supposed to appeal to .
Nah I got that shotacons were the target audience, it's just that I didn't know a feminine pear figure was something shotacons were into
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 03:17   Link #28
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Nah I got that shotacons were the target audience, it's just that I didn't know a feminine pear figure was something shotacons were into
I am not sure if you actually believe his words. It sounds more like a joke. Maybe it is oneshota, but not shotacon. The reference to shotacon to this story is like like saying Ascendance of a Bookworm is writing for lolicon. Before somebody comes up some weird idea, the writer of Ascendance of a Bookworm does not have that in mind. Two characters from the story are based on her and her husband. Back to the 7th prince, the drawing is like that in novel and manga. For manga, it is manga artist's drawing style. It is like saying the Attack of Titan's drawing style is weird. Most people don't care, and they only care whether the story is interesting.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 03:41   Link #29
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The correct fandom the show is pandering to is the otokonoko (男の娘) fandom.
And they are on high, very high.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 07:13   Link #30
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

This looks like absolute garbage but I'll probably give it another episode or two to see how bad it gets.
Old 2024-04-03, 09:21   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A ringing endorsement!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-09, 10:44   Link #32
Huh...?

Slight changes from the Manga, but still everything is going smoothly so far.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-09, 13:32   Link #33
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Me: Mom can we have Iruma
Mom: We have Iruma at home
Iruma at home:
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-09, 14:29   Link #34
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Me: Mom can we have Iruma
Mom: We have Iruma at home
Iruma at home:
Wait, why Iruma?
Old 2024-04-09, 16:52   Link #35
Strahan

Cuz they have some basic similarities? This guy is like a more effeminate but much stronger Iruma, heh.

Dammit, now I'm sad I don't have more Iruma to watch. This is OK, if one is into stupidly OP power fantasies, but Iruma is a superior show. I wish they'd drop another season of that.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-09, 17:56   Link #36
magnuskn

I hope for more Knights & Magic one day, but alas.
Old 2024-04-09, 21:46   Link #37
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I hope for more Knights & Magic one day, but alas.
Come back when the anime gets into the Assasin arc, where things actually happens and not just pandering.
You might partially fulfill your dream for having another Knights & Magic if the anime can make it to the Alchemy arc.
Old 2024-04-14, 07:46   Link #38
Lex79

Given all the talk about shota, I guess there is no chance there will be a timeskip with the protagonist turning into at least a teenager?
Old 2024-04-14, 17:43   Link #39
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Given all the talk about shota, I guess there is no chance there will be a timeskip with the protagonist turning into at least a teenager?
No chance at all.
Old 2024-04-14, 22:41   Link #40
Strahan

Ugh. I am not a huge fan of little kid protag shows. Same with the appraisal noble one this season. Looking at the most recent ep where Ars is sitting on a bench and it looks like his legs aren't long enough for the body, lol

At least this one is more proportional. But still would prefer at least a teen. Ah well.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote