AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 37
10: Amazing... 5 17.86%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 7 25.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 9 32.14%
7 out of 10: Good... 3 10.71%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 3.57%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 3.57%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 3.57%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-24, 20:21   Link #61
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think Zeheart will be next in line for being Vagan's leader (thus rename Neo Vegan )
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:38   Link #62
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Romy = who's name sounds similar to Romary = Kio's looks

argh... my poor head.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:57   Link #63
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I don't understand the need to make a Vagan Gundam?

Unless it is intended for a brainwashed Kio to pilot?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:18   Link #64
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So they got me to feel sorry for the Vagans. Also Ezelcant doesn't seem that bad, though it did help that he looked like his dead son. So they're using the exa-db to make a new gundam, wonder who will be piloting it.
Old 2012-06-24, 22:25   Link #65
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Romy = who's name sounds similar to Romary = Kio's looks

argh... my poor head.....
Oh if romary was secretly ezelcant's relative... hohoho...
Old 2012-06-24, 22:28   Link #66
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So they got me to feel sorry for the Vagans. Also Ezelcant doesn't seem that bad, though it did help that he looked like his dead son. So they're using the exa-db to make a new gundam, wonder who will be piloting it.
Sooo what? Some of you guys didn't pay attention when Yarik Dole was explaining to Flit and co. about the Vagans suffering back in Episode 15ish? Yarik was pretty clear about the diseases caused by the Mars Ray.

I'm surprised though since Flit outed the Prime Minister as a traitor that this information was wide spread though. (especially since he outed him on the spot)

How was this episode a suprise? The only new detail we got was a more fleshed out explanation(regardless of how silly it may seem to others) about his plan in testing the Earthlings about their will to live.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:33   Link #67
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Sooo what? Some of you guys didn't pay attention when Yarik Dole was explaining to Flit and co. about the Vagans suffering back in Episode 15ish? Yarik was pretty clear about the diseases caused by the Mars Ray.

I'm surprised though since Flit outed the Prime Minister as a traitor that this information was wide spread though. (especially since he outed him on the spot)

How was this episode a suprise? The only new detail we got was a more fleshed out explanation(regardless of how silly it may seem to others) about his plan in testing the Earthlings about their will to live.
People were surprised (and to some extent, raged) about alien in Gundam 00. What did you expect?
Old 2012-06-24, 22:53   Link #68
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Bra Fucking Vo. Great episode. They actually succeeded in portraying the Veigan's in a non demonic light.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:03   Link #69
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Romary = designer baby using Romy DNA, the vessel for the Ultimate X-Rounder that will cleanse the galaxy of conflict by disabling cockpits >_>
Old 2012-06-25, 00:21   Link #70
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I loved everything about this episode.

10/10

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 00:38   Link #71
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I don't understand the need to make a Vagan Gundam?

Unless it is intended for a brainwashed Kio to pilot?
Its a psychological thing, the Gundam is a symbol, both of power and being a savior, imagine the federation reaction if they saw one on the Vegans side, their only option would be to match it with their own (which will definitely happen, and I'm quite sure we are all looking forward too)

Its definitely not for Kio for two reasons, 1. Hes gonna get busted out soon, 2. They're not about to give their ultimate war machine to a enemy pilot, even if he is brainwashed
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:35   Link #72
WefiDasst

Sorta o.O about this whole thing.
So the War was about testng the Earth?
no to show suffering?

well IDK, better then anything esle around i guess.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:39   Link #73
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I wish they had brought up the peace offers. If only so we could have gotten more information about what exactly they stated. Was it simply a ceasefire and both sides stay in their own areas? If the peace offers didn't include permission to return to the Earth Sphere then it's no wonder it would never be accepted. A simple cease-fire isn't going to end this conflict.
Agreed, but its too bad they never went into detail when it came to that, since it would've been interesting if Ezelcant actually brought it up.

All this episode prooved was that Vagan's truly are twisted and don't give a damn about their own wellbeing, or well. Atleast when it comes to Ezelcant himself.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 04:06   Link #74
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think two things should be noted here.

A) Ezelcant doesn't want to "put humanity through the same suffering". He wants to "put them through a trial", and it's up to them to get through it, or not. If they can figure out what it means to be alive. It doesn't necessarily justify killing civillians, but...
B) As Ezelcant pointed out, most Vegans have become mostly unable to feel many emotions other than anger due to all the death that surrounds and threatens them. So their sense of morality would naturally be different.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 06:19   Link #75
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think two things should be noted here.

A) Ezelcant doesn't want to "put humanity through the same suffering". He wants to "put them through a trial", and it's up to them to get through it, or not. If they can figure out what it means to be alive. It doesn't necessarily justify killing civillians, but...
B) As Ezelcant pointed out, most Vegans have become mostly unable to feel many emotions other than anger due to all the death that surrounds and threatens them. So their sense of morality would naturally be different.
A) I agree. It doesn't killing the civilians but then again their culture is different which gives us...
B) A race of people who are willing to die and to kill others to obtain hope for their future. Essentially, an army with great determination and will to succeed no matter what.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:48   Link #76
Marina2

I hope both Fran (purple hair girl) and Lu will be still alive at the end of this anime.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:09   Link #77
justsomeguy

"Sympathy" for the Vagans? Fucking LOL. The Mars Rays and suffering didn't just kill their emotions, it probably affected their brains too. Look at the kind of military forces they have, yet their civilians live in squalor. With the kind of industrial output they have, the Vagans can just build colonies and fly back to Earth en masse if they really wanted. With a very public return, some demonstration of their military power, and sympathizers in the Earth Federation government, the Vagans could have gotten themselves some territory around Earth with a public relations campaign. Instead, Ezelcant has his plan to "give Earthers a chance," with the result of prolonging a war to 70+ years, while both sides suffer and die. And yet the Vagan civilians support him.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:20   Link #78
Destined_Fate

It's simple, they've been so consumed by their anger that they can't even comprehend another path than the one they're walking. No one in a position of leadership has tried to push them on another path and I doubt that if someone did they would be get the support of the people.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:26   Link #79
justsomeguy

Being consumed by anger is not an excuse. They could have gone back to Earth long ago, yet they didn't. They can demand some of their industrial output go to their civilians, but they didn't. They could have insisted on a leader that can win a war quickly, but they didn't. Instead, they sit around being angry and dying of Mars Rays while letting themselves get screwed harder by their own military and leaders then the Earth Federation did to them.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:41   Link #80
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
"Sympathy" for the Vagans? Fucking LOL. The Mars Rays and suffering didn't just kill their emotions, it probably affected their brains too. Look at the kind of military forces they have, yet their civilians live in squalor. With the kind of industrial output they have, the Vagans can just build colonies and fly back to Earth en masse if they really wanted. With a very public return, some demonstration of their military power, and sympathizers in the Earth Federation government, the Vagans could have gotten themselves some territory around Earth with a public relations campaign. Instead, Ezelcant has his plan to "give Earthers a chance," with the result of prolonging a war to 70+ years, while both sides suffer and die. And yet the Vagan civilians support him.
North Korea. It isn't that far fetched, really.

Tags
weekly episode discussion