Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 23:12   Link #81
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
If only Neji dies from here on out = Neji stays dead
If even one more 'important' character gets killed = Everybody comes back to life.
i think kakashi could feasibly die in this battle and not be revived, given his importance to this particular storyline and the probable end of his character development. after the inevitable rin backstory and obito is done one way or another, kakashi will be out of meaningful story to tell. im not saying i think he'll die, just that if he dies, he wont be revived again
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 23:42   Link #82
Mateus

I am glad that Obito doesn't cower in the corner and play second fiddle even though big bad Madara is back in the picture, I liked how he let him know that Madara NEEDS him and that basically what he says goes
Old 2012-12-19, 00:29   Link #83
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Was that Sasuke or Sai that was shot down?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 00:49   Link #84
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
For all your complaining about people complaining, you sure did a nice job complaining yourself with that essay there.
I wasn't referring to just anyone who happens to make a valid complaint; I was very specific. Theres a difference between a compliant and ceasless bickering every week regardless of the plot's outcome. And, that post was far from an "essay"; especially by this forum's standards.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 02:56   Link #85
Ushio the Omega

Neji, Shikaku and Inochi are NOT dead!

Naruto is in a genjutsu and everything that happend since the alliance showed up is from the genjutsu. Obito trying to break Naruto's spirit by showing him what will happen unless he gives himself up.

This will continue next week with more main characters dieing then it will be revealed in the 1st or 2nd new year chapter BELIEVE IT!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 02:57   Link #86
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there were also the times of:

sasuke 'dying' vs haku
chouji and neji 'dying' vs the sound 5
gaara 'dying' at the akatsuki hideout
and some others that are less glaring like deidara and kisame, etc...

also he technically brought back any of the ET that kabuto has used, even though they aren't technically alive, they still had life in the manga after death like asuma, chiyo, itachi, etc...

so it wasn't the one pain invasion arc instance of reviving the supposedly dead in the manga at all. i know you said 'by a villain' which isnt always the case in my examples, but those are why it is predictable now. they're why people have grown accustomed to it. death rarely means kishi is done with a chracter with the rare example of jiraiya and possibly a couple others

i dont think it will happen this time though. i certainly dont want it to. but i'm in the camp that won't predict it until a character is killed like sakura or someone who you know kishi won't keep dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
A couple of death might stick, more than that and it's not likely to stay that way. I want to be hopeful but the fact that one of Naruto's friend died a few pages after we were reminded of Rinne Tensei doesn't sound so good.

Which is why it's something that should never be done. Death deals in absolute, you cheapen that but once and it never completely recovers.
Maybe all those dead will stay dead but then again maybe not. They're after all but a jutsu away from being just fine.
Maybe I wasn't clear. My problem isn't necessarily with the "everyone will be revived" part. I mean sure I wouldn't like it to happen, but I can't rule out the possibility.

The problem I -am- having is when people keep saying it's "so obvious that Obito is going to pull a Nagato". Which it really isn't.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 04:40   Link #87
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Neji, Shikaku and Inochi are NOT dead!

Naruto is in a genjutsu and everything that happend since the alliance showed up is from the genjutsu. Obito trying to break Naruto's spirit by showing him what will happen unless he gives himself up.

This will continue next week with more main characters dieing then it will be revealed in the 1st or 2nd new year chapter BELIEVE IT!
If this happens (and sadly, I can see just that) I will forever stop reading Naruto. The whole "It was all just a dream" schtick is overdone, and a poor excuse for bad writing. It's a huge middle finger to the readers.

The only thing that can save this manga from the bowels of pure garbage that it's been heading towards of late, is if Neji stays dead. In fact, I almost hope for a death of a major character about every other chapter for a month or so.

Seriously, BOOM, Sakura's dead next week.
Two weeks later, BOOM, there goes Kiba.
The week after that, BAM, Bee loses his head
Three weeks more go by, no one dies, then suddenly Sasuke reappears on the scene and KA-BLAMO! Kakashi, Shikamaru, and Temari all bite the big one.

Hell, we've already lost Tsunade and Neji.
This manga needs more death if we're to take this war seriously.
And Naruto needs to see some of his precious friends die to truly understand what he's fighting to end.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 05:05   Link #88
Fruits Basket Fan

A character has died and Naruto reacted much more for his death and all people can talk about is pairings....wow.

I fail to see how this works for NaruHina....since Naruto barely registers Hinata, as always.

If anything, I think this will just put Hinata's attempt to die for Naruto the same as Neji and everyone else.....since Hinata is not the only one who will do it, as shown in this chapter.

And I suspect more "deaths" to come from some of the Rookies or even Sakura since she is the "Rin" of her generation.

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2012-12-19 at 05:32.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 05:14   Link #89
battle22

Quote:
I fail to see how this works for NaruHina....since Naruto barely registers Hinata, as always.

If anything, I think this will just put Hinata's attempt to die for Naruto the same as Neji and everyone else.....since Hinata is not the only one who will do it, as shown in this chapter.
I think Neji would not give his life for Naruto. Sure he will protect him but He won't die for him, I believe he wanted to save Hinata :P

Last edited by battle22; 2012-12-19 at 05:33.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 05:19   Link #90
Fruits Basket Fan

He did it for both....but in the end, he said he did it because he was a "genius"......
Old 2012-12-19, 05:38   Link #91
Slayerx

Ya unfortunately i feel like Kishi used too many fake-out deaths. I mean i don't think neji is coming back, but i just didn't feel any tension you might normally get with a death scene like this. The fake outs have kind of left me a bit too jaded and cynical. Neji's first "death" against the sound 5 worked great, but not so much here

I'm also actually a bit confused at who Neji was trying to save. At First glance it does seem like he's trying to save Hinata who put herself in harms way to protect Naruto... but its a little confusing because of the dialouge and the fact that all of his last words are directed to Naruto. And Naruto asks him "why would you go this far for me?" which also implies that what Neji was doing was for Naruto's sake, not hinata's sake. So ya, the dialouge makes it sound like Neji did it for Naruto, not Hinata...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
At this point it seems pretty clear that kishi is shipping NaruHina... the execution is just completely terrible since he is trying to do in moments what he ignored trying to do for years; its just completely forced and hamfisted effort to do something at the last minute. You kinda got that from when everyone showed up and Kiba acted like there was a thing going on between Naruto and Hinata even though Naruto hasn't even spoken to hinata since Pain's invasion... come to think it since Hinata did all the talking then, I'm actually not sure when the last time Naruto even said anything to Hinata was.
Old 2012-12-19, 05:45   Link #92
Fruits Basket Fan

Eh?

Are we talking about the same Kiba who considers himself Naruto's rival?

Honestly, Naruto was not even reacting to that comment and Naruto was not even pretending to act tough because the moment before they showed up, he was being tough by proudly exclaiming that he will become Hokage.

But alas, I think the pairing situation can go anywhere because Kishi clearly cannot write proper romance (with the exception of MinatoxKushina) without rushing and the last minute.
Old 2012-12-19, 05:58   Link #93
Eragon
Still Alive

Frankly I don't see the point in lumping Naruto with anyone other than the title of Hokage(or Sasuke, >_>)

I, too, have a hard time thinking of the times he's spoken to or of Hinata.
Old 2012-12-19, 09:35   Link #94
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I'm also actually a bit confused at who Neji was trying to save. At First glance it does seem like he's trying to save Hinata who put herself in harms way to protect Naruto... but its a little confusing because of the dialouge and the fact that all of his last words are directed to Naruto. And Naruto asks him "why would you go this far for me?" which also implies that what Neji was doing was for Naruto's sake, not hinata's sake. So ya, the dialouge makes it sound like Neji did it for Naruto, not Hinata...
LOL, that was kinda funny from naruto asking that question. considering sasuke asked naruto the same question. But i liked neji's answer to it better than naruto's to sasuke

i would say sasuke as competition if neji stays dead.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 10:08   Link #95
battle22

Neji obviously saved Hinata, Naruto did not need saving, Hinata was blocking him. Why would Neji jump if he knew Naruto was save, So He saved Hinata and then realized He saved Naruto as well.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:16   Link #96
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Isn't that Sasuke's hawk in the last page?
yeah that panel with the large bird flying, then seen dead from those spears is kinda random/suspicious...to me at least.

RIP in peace neji. i guess he was always fated to go the way of his father. freedom of choosing death and all that...

I hope the juubis final transformation is humanoid...i mean can madara not control it because it will become infinitely more powerful or because it will soon gain sentience...
Old 2012-12-19, 11:40   Link #97
james0246

^Neji has been represented by birds in the past (what with the caged seal and everything), so the bird flying away was simply symbolic of Neji's death...at least until he comes back later on.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 13:27   Link #98
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

it felt so... Insignificant. The way he died was just... Like hewas just a minor character.
Not enough drama here !!
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 13:28   Link #99
Aqua Knight

Neji looked like another fodder ninja. If Tenten, Shino and maybe Kiba died, they would too look like fodder ninja - that's the price of making too many characters and make them do nothing for a long time.

But what could they do when the power level gauges went up so high?

PS
It's very funny to read people's threats to stop reading Naruto if X happens.
Like anyone cares lol.
Old 2012-12-19, 14:28   Link #100
kitten320

That was... unexpected... out of all possible characters Neji was not among those that I suspected to die...

He really needed more screen time =/

Though I still can't brush off the feeling that he will be back... especially since Obito/Madara are playing with dreams and illusion jutsus... I seriously hope that Kishi won't pull Nagato trick again.

Also is it just me or did Kishi become a big NaruHina fan lately?
He ignored them for ages and now he keeps rubbing them in your face for the last few chapters.