AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 04:16   Link #39601
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

XD

And Tony Stark somehow gets away just like that after intervening in his Iron Man suit. Sure there are people who asked him to share/impart his Iron Man tech and knowledge to the military but the moment he refused AND still allowed to possess the tech for himself... I find it rather odd.

If I throw Inami in the fray, I can't help but think the JSDF would end up trying to capture him and the Minerva instead. Unless of course, I might be getting moralities and protocols mixed up, feel free to correct me

@ Zero

That description just reminded me of Jun from Halo Reach when he commented on his brand of sniper rounds:

"High-velocity, armor-piercing. You can take the hat off an Elite at two-thousand yards... and they ain't cheap."

And by "hat", he meant the HEAD.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:22   Link #39602
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's a mix of both. They know what the armor can do, no one wants that amount of power in a wild card. Protocol because the military cannot plan for it, it's basically a worse violation of gun ban because the weapons in question are of a higher destructive capability, but legislation can't catch him due to no clause in energy weapons or powered exo-suits, or miniature powerplants that operate a pacemaker and powered exoskeleton simultaneously.

Inami's minerva should be a match to the iron man armors at least. He can at least outrun the fastest jet in military arsenal in a dead sprint.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 04:26   Link #39603
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Given the unit's size, it is possible for him to outrun jets. If only it can fly without a flight assist unit
(Minerva-01 can do great leaps by jump-jetting but it cannot, by any means, accomodate sustained flight. It needs a Base Jabber-ish flight platform to do that.)

On the subject of age for Academy First-Years, 16 is the max? What if the student is sixteen at the time of application but is turning 17 that very year?
Old 2013-01-18, 04:33   Link #39604
demino_hellsin
That one guy

clerk: welcome old one. *hands registry papers*

------------------

freshman 1: So how old are you?

new student: Did I hear "old"?

freshman 1: Um... N-no...

new student: good.

freshman 1: what's her problem?

freshman 2: I don't know. But a rumor went around. A teacher joked about an applicant being old.

freshman 1: what happened to her?

freshman 2: she hasn't come out of her dorm since the opening ceremony.

----

clerk: I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married. I am not too old to be married.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:40   Link #39605
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A very mean jab that would be.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:40   Link #39606
Eratas123

Depends. Is she 25? After that no one wants her
Old 2013-01-18, 04:48   Link #39607
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then I welcome her with open arms.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:55   Link #39608
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Sure there are people who asked him to share/impart his Iron Man tech and knowledge to the military but the moment he refused AND still allowed to possess the tech for himself... I find it rather odd.
- if you find that odd, chances are you'll NEVER understand how Tony Stark thinks.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 04:56   Link #39609
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

25 isn't that old :|

Also,
Quote:
“A single, non-IS unit taking out an entire lance of our Jabbers.”

Silently enraged over the operation’s failure which also sheds light on the existence of the Minerva, the head of the mysterious terrorist organization turns to a round table where personnel from the hangar bay that’s in-charge of the Jabber drones are seated.

“For a maiden operation, we would have been better off dancing our way to the Academy’s doorstep in maid costumes with bombs strapped to our knickers.”
@Age

I don't, yes. He's that different from Inami.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:58   Link #39610
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: The second option does sound like it'd work better. Everyone would be too shocked and perplexed to react.

@wave: It's easy to understand how stark thinks. After like... a few dozen chapters of comics or after watching both iron men movies and avengers. RDJ really captures and shows what the guy is about. At least I think so.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:04   Link #39611
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Exactly

He knew it would, despite the magnitude of ridiculousness it would have amounted to. Then there's also the chance that they'll be arrested at the monorail station.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:21   Link #39612
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ichika's first debut in the alternate universe: bludgeoning and ripping Golem II to pieces (?) because he's practically unarmed. (Both Setsura and Yukihira got corrupted)

Later, he gained:
-> Beam-Edge Saber
-> Plasma Peashooter
-> Vector Cannon (?!)
Old 2013-01-18, 05:32   Link #39613
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah...

Suddenly had the idea of just scrapping the badguys for kamen rider X IS for the sake of just turning the story into a spoof of Gentarou teaching Ichika how to be a harem male lead.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:34   Link #39614
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I sense epic fail in the near future, and total laughter.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:40   Link #39615
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Spoiler for Rabbit Ears...?:

In the name of kicks(for you-know-who). Replicas had to come from somewhere...
Old 2013-01-18, 05:41   Link #39616
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In fairness, Gen-chan has a pretty decent following in the series. Mostly the girls who became monsters of the week.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:44   Link #39617
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospear View Post
in the name of kicks(for you-know-who). replicas had to come from somewhere...
this

so very much this
Old 2013-01-18, 05:48   Link #39618
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

-snip-

Schematics of every completed IS in existance, in the hands of Tabane who can just throw it down to anyone for kicks... Rather horrible, isn't it? Of course, she won't share her Gen 4 schematics seeing as she would only want her little sister to have the best.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:53   Link #39619
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, if he want to get a new weapon, he had to ditch the current one. (once again, there's always that slot limitation)

For example, he had shoulder beam cannons, and no empty slot to add a Gatling weapon mid fight. He had to destroy that cannon from database to assimilate that Gatling.

There's a big downside to this, we all knew that I.S. parts gather experience overtime, and destroying the parts from database means you lost a leveled up weapon forever.
Old 2013-01-18, 05:54   Link #39620
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Reploids in megaman zero era are on IS level right? nanotech self-repair, semi-indefinite energy source, energy weapons, self-evolution systems and DNA growth maps. Just to say the least.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest