Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 19:37   Link #1441
marvelB

^"This just in: Sweet Mask continues to be a dick! More news at 11."
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 14:24   Link #1442
Alhazad2003

^ No surprise there, I'm half expecting Saitama to eventually say, "To Hell with you all!" And quit the Heroes Association. Or at least nail Sweet Mask with that devastating One Punch. He definitely doesn't need this kind of aggravation, he has enough trouble keeping his place.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 07:22   Link #1443
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh WOW.
Murata is re-drawing Boros from the last chapter to improve him.
He looks SWEET.

Old 2014-02-09, 07:43   Link #1444
bludvein

MUCH better imo.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 08:19   Link #1445
Breimoon

as expected from murata-sensei.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 08:38   Link #1446
Awrya
U mad?

I wonder if Murata is doing it on purpose, show us some bogus design to lower expectations, then blow our minds with epic redrawn version.
Hope Dark Shine will also be redrawn.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:21   Link #1447
Sixth
Hu Tao

OMG....This guy...is really aim for perfection? Redrawn the character? I guess he must had received a lot of feedback on his Boros design.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 10:24   Link #1448
ChuckE
Provoker

Wow wow. Can't wait for Garou's final design...In 2018 lol

Last edited by ChuckE; 2014-02-09 at 11:17.
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 10:30   Link #1449
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
OMG....This guy...is really aim for perfection? Redrawn the character? I guess he must had received a lot of feedback on his Boros design.
He does this all the time, this is actually the second redraw of this chapter I believe.
Atomic Samurai chopping that alien up was completely redrawn from a new angle as well.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:45   Link #1450
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well, it's one of the good points of online release, he can redraw certain things even after the chapter's released and improve it.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 21:39   Link #1451
marvelB

Wow, that really IS a huge improvement! Makes me even more pumped up to see Murata's take on Saitama vs. Boros, as well!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 08:46   Link #1452
ultimateking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Wow, that really IS a huge improvement! Makes me even more pumped up to see Murata's take on Saitama vs. Boros, as well!
if we ever get to that point, that is. The plot of the manga hasn't moved forward for 2 friggin months, and i have to redo the same chapter every time. It's really tedious and i'm kinda sick of it :/

murata's opm is definitely NOT a scanlator-friendly manga lol

It amazes me how ppl still defend murata's actions when all he did was rehashing the same chapter 3 times to fulfill his "one chapter every two weeks"-quota, with the 4th rehash coming soon
Old 2014-02-10, 08:50   Link #1453
Xacual

Mainly because we have One's version for the actual plot if we're curious. Murata's just exists to make us have artgasms.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:03   Link #1454
ultimateking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Mainly because we have One's version for the actual plot if we're curious. Murata's just exists to make us have artgasms.
yes but aren't your expectations too low that way? Murata is working on a manga with a decent pacing that shines above all for its different approach on a saturated genre and interesting characters, having him just do things as he pleases completely wrecked the pacing of the narrative in favor of the art, and imo that isn't doing the original manga justice. People who have not read the original opm will get the impression that opm is "just" a pretty looking manga with terrible progression rate while it's not true, and i find it kinda unfair towards ONE and his work.

Last edited by ultimateking; 2014-02-10 at 10:50.
ultimateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:12   Link #1455
Breimoon

anyone who does not know of the true OPM does not deserve to read the murata's version .
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:12   Link #1456
kakakka

But isn't the art the reason for this redraw?

Also, I don't get the pacing wrecking the plot issue. The plot, as far as I know is still good and hasn't feel stretched out. As long as it still coherent, number of pages does not matter. This is manga, the readers make their own reading pace anyway.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:15   Link #1457
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateking View Post
yes but aren't your expectations too low that way? Murata is working on a manga with a decent pacing that shines above all for its different approach on a saturated genre and interesting characters, having him just do things as he pleases completely wrecked the pacing of the plot in favor of the art, and imo that isn't doing the original manga justice. People who have not read the original opm will get the impression that opm is "just" a pretty looking manga with terrible progression rate while it's not true, and i find it kinda unfair towards ONE and his work.
I can see how it would be completely annoying as a scanlator, but Murata moving faster doesn't mean ONE will. We would still eventually stall when it gets caught up to the original, since ONE's pace of chapter release really is slow. So Murata taking his time and redoing what he doesn't like isn't actually hurting the pace in the long run, and it leaves a better chapter. If people really can't stand waiting for the next chapter they can read the original.

This is mostly for the art, so we like to see it done right.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:16   Link #1458
ultimateking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
But isn't the art the reason for this redraw?

Also, I don't get the pacing wrecking the plot issue. The plot, as far as I know is still good and hasn't feel stretched out. As long as it still coherent, number of pages does not matter. This is manga, the readers make their own reading pace anyway.
redrawing opm just for the art seems a bit shallow, both from the author's and the readers' perspective. Murata did it because it's a good read that he truly enjoyed, and he believed that his art can make the story even more popular and get the recognition it deserves.

releasing the same chapter 4 times, or having a flipbook over the course of 2 months does NOT qualify as good pacing in my eyes, when you're following this manga in real time, it's just pissing me off to no end because that's not really what we asked for :/

In all honesty, who looked at the metal knight landing on a bulding in the original and said to himself "hmm if only this was done more epically? I'd be willing to wait 2 months for that" (and yes, that giant meteor arc did take him 8 weeks to finish).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I can see how it would be completely annoying as a scanlator, but Murata moving faster doesn't mean ONE will. We would still eventually stall when it gets caught up to the original, since ONE's pace of chapter release really is slow. So Murata taking his time and redoing what he doesn't like isn't actually hurting the pace in the long run, and it leaves a better chapter. If people really can't stand waiting for the next chapter they can read the original.

This is mostly for the art, so we like to see it done right.
yup, and i'd be willing to wait for it be done right too, instead of having to scanlate the unfinished version every time and having to redo them later anyway.

And let's be straight here, there is still a buffer of almost 60 chapters in ONE's version murata has to catch up to, and knowing murata, he'll drag it out to more than that ANYWAY, so i don't think murata needs to give ONE more time to create a bigger buffer lol
Old 2014-02-10, 09:25   Link #1459
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateking View Post
releasing the same chapter 4 times, or having a flipbook over the course of 2 months is NOT good pacing in my eyes, when you're following this manga in real time, it's just pissing me off to no end because that's not really what we asked for :/

In all honesty, who looked at the metal knight landing on a bulding in the original and said to himself "hmm if only this was done more epically? I'd be willing to wait 2 months for that".
And I got caught up way before the metal knight, even the meteor flip revelation and all those things, and I still find the plot okay actually. And I am following the manga, looking forward to the release date they post on the redraw site.

Though to be clear, I do know the frustration is there for a scanlator.

Quote:
redrawing opm just for the art seems a bit shallow, both from the author's and the readers' perspective. Murata did it because it's a good read that he truly enjoyed, and he believed that his art can make the story even more popular and get the recognition it deserves.
You're talking my statement a bit shallow too. Of course it's being redrawn because Murata thinks the story deserves it, and it deserve the best art.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:31   Link #1460
ultimateking

Quote:
And I got caught up way before the metal knight, even the meteor flip revelation and all those things, and I still find the plot okay actually. And I am following the manga, looking forward to the release date they post on the redraw site.

Though to be clear, I do know the frustration is there for a scanlator.
the thing is, IMO the number of pages per chapter does matter. A good author can convey the message he's trying to make within a few panels (which ONE does masterfully), but when the same message is conveyed over the course of 4 releases instead, it feels like the author/artist is not capable of doing it quicker which isn't true.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, that while i wanted opm to be redrawn, i didn't want it to be dragged with more chapters just to tell the exact same story, with the exact same speech bubbles. It feels like cheating, which i'll explain below.

Quote:
For me, your reasoning here is a bit contradictory. Of course it's being redrawn because Murata thinks the story deserves it, and it deserve the best art.
you believe "the best art" = "flipbooks"?

or do you believe "the best art" = "rehashing anything the author isn't happy with by sacrificing release dates"?

opm deserves recognition sure, but a rehashed artstyle shouldn't be the only thing that defines opm.

and btw, i still think ONE's message in all the works he has made is, that good art doesn't make good mangas. It's the engaging story and interesting characters that truly make up an enjoyable read, while the art should only HELP convey the messages, and not the other way around. Unfortunately murata's redrawn opm has attracted a lot of readers from the wrong side. How often have you heard stuff like "opm shouldn't have an anime because no studio can do its art justice"? (that's a whole different debate though so let's drop this)

again i'd like to stress, i have nothing against an author taking more time to satisfy himself and his readers, but when something is out, it's out. Going back to redo stuff and pretend they are "new" releases feels like cheating to me.

Last edited by ultimateking; 2014-02-10 at 09:54.
ultimateking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, overpowered mc, superhero