AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 16:43   Link #941
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood View Post
It's actual person singing,
this is what I put on the video info

I use Audacity, although since my main cpu is down due to virus. Im confined to my brother's vista computer.
that voice isnt that bad, im guessing you dont know the person responsible for that vid?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 16:50   Link #942
kokost

Ok I'm hooked... Kyon-ko is just too cute!! Heres a little colouring I quickly did. The ponytail shadow sucks, I know but its just too damn hard to colour hair so I just did a rush job on that part.

kokost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:19   Link #943
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokost View Post
Ok I'm hooked... Kyon-ko is just too cute!! Heres a little colouring I quickly did. The ponytail shadow sucks, I know but its just too damn hard to colour hair so I just did a rush job on that part.

*IMAGESNIP*
Zomg, awesomestuff.

/EDIT In regards to the "John Smith" stuff, I hadn't seen any Doctor Who or Pocohauntus (Pocohantas... Pocohauntas... whatever) references... I just saw Kyon using a generic name. That's what John Smith means to me.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:49   Link #944
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

For me About John smith stuff... Kyonko can say she's Haruhi. *emphasises on Hi*

or just another really common foreign female name.
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:53   Link #945
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
In regards to the "John Smith" stuff, I hadn't seen any Doctor Who or Pocohauntus (Pocohantas... Pocohauntas... whatever) references... I just saw Kyon using a generic name. That's what John Smith means to me.
Could be that you're right. I never really thought about it either, until I started reading all those theories people have made of the series in general... Speculation on the whole John Smith issue came up quite a few times. It could be that I'm just overestimating the meaning of the name here too... I don't know. That's probably one reason why SHnY is so great in general. You can never quite know, with rather many things.

Oh, but that aside, when it comes to the whole maid/butler/insert other costume here topic, I'd say that I'd prefer to see Mitsuuru doing it. No, the thought is not something that pleases my fangirl senses especially much, but I just can't see Kyonko actually agreeing to wear that, unless she is forced. And if she is forced, I can't see her actually staying with the Brigade.

Then again, Itsuko could do it too. After all, we know for sure she wouldn't exactly refuse. However, I'd rather to stay closer to the original, but that's just my own "preference", I could say.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 18:16   Link #946
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@Kokost:

When I fill in color, it looks alot harsher than your results. Good work there.

@Keroko:

Conversion? Well, in the case of original composition of action, I use poser figurine in order to get the body proportions in the rough, then, in the case of trying to doctor images, study body profile and get an idea about how the character designer went about with the characters. I find the eyes to be the most challenging (especially with approximation of eye focus and relative proportion depending on angle of face pitch,yaw and tilt) , with face not far behind and that one screw-up with those and you'd be screaming about how much QUALITY your work turns out to be.

I cannot draw character by pen and paper lineart for some reason... they end up as horrible abomination and that I do not make clean lines regarding characters. Surprisingly the idea of inflexion points, maxima/minima and Bezier curve I picked up in drafting actually gave me the possibility of what I cannot do on paper...

@ivari: You would've tossed out the subtle inferences regarding the choice of the name 'John Smith', as an indirect echo to John Smith of Jamestown. What to replace with might be something that needs to be pondered on, since on pure basis of 'element of dispute regarding exaggeration of facts over the literary character that the namesake comes from', I would think of Mary Magdaline, but the meaning intended by Tanegawa then might be maligned from that choice.

@Onizuka-GTO: actually, you're right. It's a case of name generic...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-08 at 18:40.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 18:25   Link #947
ivari

Hi, i am new here, but i want to help you all...
(because i love kyonko....)

about the name thing...
i think kyon in the original series use the name john smith because it sounds like a very common name therefore it sounds like a very uncommon one...
and i think japanese in general (viewing from haruhi's pov...) don't really know the difference about it...
so kyon who want to make fun of haruhi just give her names...
so, the main point is it doesn't really matter what name kyonko tell to haruki...
but should i choose, i would go with jane smith. because it resembles the female counterpart of "john smith" well

and can i post everybody's story and pictures in my other forum/site?

thank you and keep up the good work!
ivari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 18:39   Link #948
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood View Post
For me About John smith stuff... Kyonko can say she's Haruhi. *emphasises on Hi*

or just another really common foreign female name.
In the UK, we call unidentified bodies, if male, as "John Smith" or if female as "Jane Smith" a bit like the Americans call theirs "John Doe" (sorry i don't really know what they call female bodies).

I think it'll be entirely logical to call Kyon(ko) as "Jane Smith" in this case.
Old 2008-03-08, 18:40   Link #949
NejinOniwa

Send a message via MSN to NejinOniwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Could be that you're right. I never really thought about it either, until I started reading all those theories people have made of the series in general... Speculation on the whole John Smith issue came up quite a few times. It could be that I'm just overestimating the meaning of the name here too... I don't know. That's probably one reason why SHnY is so great in general. You can never quite know, with rather many things.
I haven't read much of the various theories concerning that name, but I think it's just the image of generic - in history, when wanting to remain anonymous English people generally would take the name of John Smith or John Doe, and such - sorta like the Mary Sue/Marty Stu thing - thus I think something equally generic yet female would do for Kyon-ko, such as Jane Smith.

On the other hand though, I think that "John Smith" has a certain ring to it, and something within me says that since it's English, it could be used by Kyon-ko as well. After all, the first thing Haruhi says is something along the lines of, "That's not your name" - since it's pretty obvious - and so I think it could work to have Kyon-ko use that same name as well.
Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Oh, but that aside, when it comes to the whole maid/butler/insert other costume here topic, I'd say that I'd prefer to see Mitsuuru doing it. No, the thought is not something that pleases my fangirl senses especially much, but I just can't see Kyonko actually agreeing to wear that, unless she is forced. And if she is forced, I can't see her actually staying with the Brigade.

Then again, Itsuko could do it too. After all, we know for sure she wouldn't exactly refuse. However, I'd rather to stay closer to the original, but that's just my own "preference", I could say.
As said earlier I went with Mitsuuru only, since that was the easiest way of doing things. I was also thinking of including Itsuko, but it'd be a bit hard to facilitate that, at least for me.

Anyway! Here's my contribution to the party; the Maid Costume Raep scene from chapter three. And I am now officially gay for Mitsuuru - that's what I get for putting myself into the POV. ^v^;

Spoiler for Chapter 3, part 2 - Costume Raep scene:

So there! Good thing I hadn't put all too much formatting into it since it went away anyways. Opinions and criticism wanted!
NejinOniwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 19:19   Link #950
Killer Loli
baka desu

Send a message via AIM to Killer Loli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn87 View Post

Ripped Kyon-ko's character songs into mp3 format for those interested

http://www.mediafire.com/?1xdxddmgu0d
Thx, my head exploded with pleasure when i heard this. GOod job to everyone who's been a part of this movement.

And I'd like to ask what you guys were planning for the bent version of the boredom of suzumiya haruhi, i.e. the baseball game? What does everyone think of having kyonko being skilled in baseball? In the original Kyon displayed some knowledge when a player got a hit off of haruhi's pitch.
If u don't mind me throwing in my 1/50th of a dollar Maybe we could have as kyonko comes up to bat she crowds the plate and gets to walk to first base. And Haruki could be yelling at her to "swing the goddamn bat". And Kyonko could be like "STFU this is all i can do against a pitcher of this caliber."
Then again they were able to strike out kyon's sister in the original...so ionno...just throwing out there hope it helps.
Killer Loli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 19:34   Link #951
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

You guys are all awesome.

But this is getting a little out of hand...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 19:44   Link #952
NejinOniwa

Well, with this whole thing growing at a speed as this, nothing else can be expected.

How are we to organize it? How well updated is that Wiki? Beside all else, we should use that to collect more "organized" pieces of work, right?
Old 2008-03-08, 20:01   Link #953
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejinOniwa View Post
Well, with this whole thing growing at a speed as this, nothing else can be expected.

How are we to organize it? How well updated is that Wiki? Beside all else, we should use that to collect more "organized" pieces of work, right?
Where's the danchou anyway?

He hasn't posted for like 5 pages.
Old 2008-03-08, 20:05   Link #954
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
1. Depends on the authors involved.

2. Depends on what consensus this collaboration of authors can come to, before it can be put on any wiki, or you will be looking at a very ugly "Edit War".

3. Define "organised", then you can collect them.

Old 2008-03-08, 20:06   Link #955
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
1. Depends on the authors involved.

2. Depends on what consensus this collaboration of authors can come to, before it can be put on any wiki, or you will be looking at a very ugly "Edit War".

3. Define "organised", then you can collect them.

Hi Oni.

I'm apparently the main script guy, so I'll probably be collecting most of the ideas together...
Old 2008-03-08, 20:07   Link #956
shaoron
AQS representative

@the rewritten "raep scene"

first of all.. a typo...

"Why are you dressing her up as a maid?" (shouldn't that be him?)

anyway...
crap... mitsuru is finally a trap! :lol:

but before that...

what's the corresponding equivalent for the "bunny girl" costume?
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 20:08   Link #957
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
@the rewritten "raep scene"

first of all.. a typo...

"Why are you dressing her up as a maid?" (shouldn't that be him?)

anyway...
crap... mitsuru is finally a trap! :lol:

but before that...

what's the corresponding equivalent for the "bunny girl" costume?
I plan to do Chippendales.
Old 2008-03-08, 20:10   Link #958
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Some sort of stripper? Dog costume? (ears and tail and stuff, like in that ep from AMG, I forget which one but one of the senpais like cosplay and one is a dog costume)

edit: lol nm chipendales would be funny as.
Old 2008-03-08, 20:16   Link #959
NejinOniwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I plan to do Chippendales.
I apologize for this, but what do those look like anyway? Not that I object, but I'd be happy to have a general image of what's ahead.

Oh and also, since I had nothing else to do I did the minimal edits needed for the "Time Rant" part in chapter 4. Dozo.

Spoiler for Chapter 4, part 2 - Time Rant:
Old 2008-03-08, 20:35   Link #960
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I apologize for this, but what do those look like anyway? Not that I object, but I'd be happy to have a general image of what's ahead.
These.

(Warning, link may contain MEN.)

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan