AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 59 50.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-12, 11:32   Link #81
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Index: 148cm
Mikoto: 161cm

Thats more then just "slightly" shorter. Index looks like a child and acts like a child. AniDB lists her fetish appeal as lolicon and toarumajutsunoindex.wikia calls her build small and flat chested while having a childlike personality. Its not like im making this stuff up here, the fans see it that way. Dont use excuses such as "oh she's 15 its okay" to prove me wrong if the facts are against you.
Still their height is short, maybe is fine in girls standarts but in overall they are very short, in Japanesse case I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be suprised if Mikoto is "tall" for japanesse when Kaori is japanesse too and is very tall in comparison.
Actually is because of the anime you have this view about Index, it made emphasis on those childish traits and time to time omittes the serious ones. Remember the scene between Index and Touma in the hospital after his fight against Accelerator?

Quote:
Index is designed as a loli and i have every right to feel wrong about shipping her with Touma. Im actually happy that he mostly ignores her antics, like i would do in his situation.
Touma does everything as posible to please Index, and ignoring Index is one things he will never do.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-02-12 at 11:43.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 11:40   Link #82
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Stiyl is 14.....
I think Komoe has sacrified her adultness to make all other "to aru" characters look more mature!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 11:54   Link #83
eiyuu99

Nah, we go by the joke that Komoe is the subject for immortality.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 11:58   Link #84
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Stiyl is 14.....
14 years old and 200cm tall (6,56ft). He will be >2,5m when he turns 18. From his looks and personality i'd have guessed 17-21. Either this show needs a reality check or ill assume Doctor Frog is 19 and dating one of the... the...

...can't write more, brain refuses to comply.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:01   Link #85
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
14 years old and 200cm tall (6,56ft). He will be >2,5m when he turns 18. From his looks and personality i'd have guessed 17-21. Either this show needs a reality check or ill assume Doctor Frog is 19 and dating one of the... the...

...can't write more, brain refuses to comply.
I know right.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That Kaori actually is enough broken to make you Level 5's cry.
And cute enough to melt Academy City grade ceremics
Old 2011-02-12, 12:42   Link #86
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Goodness Laura in bathtub with her legs open and Stiyl isn't even fazed!
Archbishop used fanservice ..... Its not very efective
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 13:26   Link #87
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Both guys getting a taste of taking care of the other's ward.
Too bad they didn't show the mountain of food Index needs to get full.

Shows like the Imouto is unable to get back her goggles, thus a failed "revolution".
She got a heart necklace instead from Touma. Fair trade I think.

Now we just need Kuroko to run into 10032, thinking it's Mikoto, and discovers that Touma has purchased her a heart necklace (which of course 10032 will gush over).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 13:27   Link #88
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And cute enough to melt Academy City grade ceremics
In the novel I wasn't moved at all but the anime made me go NNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHH to the infinite.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 13:38   Link #89
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'm curious what the original light novel scene was for Mikoto and sister.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-02-12, 13:40   Link #90
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Super Cuteness mischeviousness worling for Last Order with Touma: Funny.

Misaka not liking M-10039 "honing in" on her Touma territory. There could be trouble !!

Archbishop .. sheesh.. Styl's kind of use to her little girl antics. Give it a rest.

Kanzaki and et all not knowing how to use a modern washing machine.. HUH ?? Did they actually use rocks in the river before this ?

Accelerator. This guy needs some extreme psycho therapy. He's severely broken.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 14:20   Link #91
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Don't get hung up on ages and appearances with this series - it just makes your brain box hurt...

What a thoroughly delightful episode. This series is like a chemistry experiment that in any given week can either explode or fizzle out, and this week popped.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 15:05   Link #92
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Super Cuteness mischeviousness worling for Last Order with Touma: Funny.

Misaka not liking M-10039 "honing in" on her Touma territory. There could be trouble !!

Archbishop .. sheesh.. Styl's kind of use to her little girl antics. Give it a rest.

Kanzaki and et all not knowing how to use a modern washing machine.. HUH ?? Did they actually use rocks in the river before this ?

Accelerator. This guy needs some extreme psycho therapy. He's severely broken.
I thought it was 10032?

Also, what we need now is a scene where Kuroko meets 10032 and assumes it's Mikoto. Notices the heart necklace. Asks who gave it to her.

"Touma" (with appropriate 10032 : expression). Kuroko goes BOOM! 10032 flees from this obviously insane woman.

Kuroko hunts her prey (Touma) intent on violence. Meets Mikoto.

Kuroko "How you could accept the feelings of such a man Onee-sama "

Mikoto "It's not like that- really"

Kuroko "Your necklace is gone You dumped him! Hooray!!!" Kuroko is happy Obviously Onee-sama is too wise to fall into his trap

Mikoto: Necklace? Huh? Oh no! She meet my little sister! I must prevent Kuroko from learning about their existence! (Mikoto imagines the horror if Kuroko learns she has clones).

Mikoto: "Oh no... I... I just decided it was something I should only wear on special occasions"

Kuroko: "Impossible... Onee-sama has already gone so far as to have "special" occasions with him. (Kuroko's mental image is censored, with lots of suggestive moaning in the background).

Mikoto: "You idiot! nothing like that happened."

The two argue as we shift to another scene.

Old 2011-02-12, 15:30   Link #93
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Is there a bulk discount on smilies today?
Old 2011-02-12, 15:54   Link #94
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

oop !! 10032... I get the two confused. They look so much alike.

Oh yeah... Misaka's "WTH ?" moment when Last Order appears suddenly then runs off and 10032 chases after her: Precious.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 17:57   Link #95
Crown_Clown
Crowned Clown

I liked it when Touma was trying to think of a way to differentiate the Misaka clones from each other, along with the real Misaka and 10032 begins to take off her skirt. XD It was so funny how she didn't seem to care at all that she was in a public place. I also kinda wished that Touma and Accel could see each other, but... meh...
Old 2011-02-12, 18:04   Link #96
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_Clown View Post
I liked it when Touma was trying to think of a way to differentiate the Misaka clones from each other, along with the real Misaka and 10032 begins to take off her skirt. XD
Maybe she wanted to say "hey look, here's the difference (blue-striped panties!)"
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 18:12   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Index: 148cm
Mikoto: 161cm

Thats more then just "slightly" shorter. Index looks like a child and acts like a child. AniDB lists her fetish appeal as lolicon and toarumajutsunoindex.wikia calls her build small and flat chested while having a childlike personality. Its not like im making this stuff up here, the fans see it that way. Dont use excuses such as "oh she's 15 its okay" to prove me wrong if the facts are against you. Index is designed as a loli and i have every right to feel wrong about shipping her with Touma. Im actually happy that he mostly ignores her antics, like i would do in his situation.
...That's 13cm, take a ruler right now a measure 13cm. That is slightly shorter, less than a head.

Now go back and take a screenshot of Mikoto standing next to Index, their build is almost the same. And please, fans use the word 'loli' to describe every other girl now taht doesn't have breasts in any series, that's almost as reliable as the impression that all animes are hentais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Actually is because of the anime you have this view about Index, it made emphasis on those childish traits and time to time omittes the serious ones. Remember the scene between Index and Touma in the hospital after his fight against Accelerator?
It's not that the Anime omitted her serious moments, it's the viewers that omits them in their mind.

Quote:
Yes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 20:26   Link #98
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
you can say the author portrait Religious people as denying Science through ignorance because if i remember right Religious people on this anime referred Science as some sort of Religion too
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 20:41   Link #99
DorkingtonPugsly

The differences between index and mikoto are that index is shorter, slightly smaller breasts and acts childish. and that ones a strong force in the magic side and the other is a strong side on the science side.
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 20:58   Link #100
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
To be fair, this is an Academy City high tech washing machine. It must have been a bit confusing as to how to use it, and Kanzaki just panicked when she realized her obi was going to be ruined.