Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 13:09   Link #141
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Hekusen chapter 2 is out btw.
Harh...More Liene's nice as always...damn, I really hope she finds her happiness with a certain president...
Old 2011-09-10, 13:19   Link #142
Plant42

Quote:
Hekusen chapter 2 is out btw.
Spoiler:
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 16:08   Link #143
endarion88

what is hekusen?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 21:07   Link #144
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
what is hekusen?
A spin-off manga with Riene of Temperon Crowley as a protagonist.

BTW Hexen is a german word with a meaning of witch.
Old 2011-09-10, 22:44   Link #145
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Spoiler:
Was it explicitly said that that was their first battle? Liene does seem to know that her advantage lies in meleeing as soon as possible, suggesting some previous experience...

I think it is the first time she assaulted the school though.
Old 2011-09-11, 02:44   Link #146
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Was it explicitly said that that was their first battle? Liene does seem to know that her advantage lies in meleeing as soon as possible, suggesting some previous experience...

I think it is the first time she assaulted the school though.
Well I think it's the first time because she got no idea how dangerous the 20% instant kill ability of Pelti is, which made Riene gains advantage.
It would be so strange if she didn't know anything about that even she had fought them before(unless in the manga fight they didn't attacked her with full strength due to some reasons).

Or may be that's the event in vol.9 or any future volume.
Old 2011-09-11, 05:19   Link #147
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Probably...but just because Liene is human and both of them are Temperon Crowley she instantly acts arrogant....could be her typical personality...
Old 2011-09-11, 12:20   Link #148
endarion88

but is that hekusen complete title? i can't find it anywhere...
Old 2011-09-11, 14:08   Link #149
Plant42

Quote:
but is that hekusen complete title? i can't find it anywhere...
"Itsuka Tenma Wo Kiru Majo(Hexen)"
Old 2011-09-11, 16:41   Link #150
endarion88

but someone is translating it in english or is out only in raw?
Old 2011-09-12, 04:01   Link #151
larethian

update:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...agi#itsuten_v3
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 07:00   Link #152
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
but someone is translating it in english or is out only in raw?
Raw only....

It isn't even published in volume format AFAIK

Quote:
Fast....I would be faster with v8 but camp life is pretty hectic now to the point that it affects my off periods.
Old 2011-09-18, 03:01   Link #153
Plant42

Now Zexcs surprise us again.
While we expect for some kind of anime original ending from such a cut and paste job and anime original they have done. They just finish their main content at ep11 and end it by using vol.4's epilouge (and the structure of 11eps for main content and one fanservice episode is the same as Korezon, may be because their story composition staff is the same person )

And from the way they release a shot of the black rabbit and some story related hints, it's look like they're going to make SS2 for this. Is Zexcs trying to open their new pages of history for doing a sequel for something or what?
BTW having a sequel is good but it would be no good if they keep raping almost of the original contents like this.
Old 2011-09-18, 07:38   Link #154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

will they even make one? Teaser doesn't equal confirmation....if they have no profit...
Old 2011-09-18, 11:04   Link #155
larethian

Quote:
While we expect for some kind of anime original ending from such a cut and paste job and anime original they have done. They just finish their main content at ep11 and end it by using vol.4's epilouge (and the structure of 11eps for main content and one fanservice episode is the same as Korezon, may be because their story composition staff is the same person )

And from the way they release a shot of the black rabbit and some story related hints, it's look like they're going to make SS2 for this. Is Zexcs trying to open their new pages of history for doing a sequel for something or what?
BTW having a sequel is good but it would be no good if they keep raping almost of the original contents like this.
I'm not sure whether I want a second season. Besides the dark rabbit, they also placed a lot of subtle spoilers around the series, especially leaning to later events. But I think the staff honestly don't know what they are doing. I'm always wondering, "who are they trying to troll?". Throwing stuff like that does not necessary equate to foreshadowing, since this is Zexcs we're talking about. At the end of the day, I think I'll pass on season 2.
Old 2011-09-18, 18:42   Link #156
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:

Hrm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
will they even make one? Teaser doesn't equal confirmation....if they have no profit...
^ Pretty much this.

If we're talking about teasers and the like, one could make the same argument for Chrome Shelled Regios, also a Zexcs' work. Plenty of suspense there at the end with near all of the major questions left unanswered, but no second season. Same thing could be said for Legend of the Legendary Heroes. No sequel there either.

As it's been said over and over again, it all comes down to profits. If Itsu-Ten bombs in sales, which I have yet to see any concrete proof to the contrary that it won't, it'll fall in much the same line as so many of Zexcs other works have.

That aside, and in the words of our translator larethian, it's Zexcs after all. A second season to them in their current state is... well, it's simply unrealistic. Plain and simple.

If by some increasingly small chance Itsu-Ten did land a second season, I'd be very, very surprised.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 20:05   Link #157
Used Can

Whilst Zexcs seems to have made a mess of ItsuTen, they did a decent job with Denyuuden and it still didn't sell. So, I think that more than them not making the best adaptation possible, the issue at hand is them choosing projects that will simply not sell.

Say, look at Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaō. It's a popular LN, it had a decent adaptation, yet it sold like shit. Gainax's current Dantalian no Shoka seems to be a good adaptation (other than the changes in character design - which aren't bad in the anime at all), but it doesn't seem to be a prospect for high sales.

I guess they'd have expected better sales from ItsuTen since, unlike Denyuuden it takes place in present time, it involves teenagers and all the drama that comes with them, high-school, harem, etc... Yet, it seems it will bomb. Of course, fans quite likely expected a better adaptation.

But well, I think sales sometimes also are a matter of luck. Of course, unless your name is KyoAni and you pretty much understand what your target wants - and even them seem to have failed with Nichijō.
Old 2011-09-18, 23:01   Link #158
larethian

the funny thing is this:
when you look at Denyuuden adaptation purely, and compare it to other LN adaptations, granted that some action scenes are not bad, but it's not really that good an adaptation. but when you compare it to Itsuten adaptation, it becomes godly and darn faithful to source (even when important stuff gets altered), ROFLMAO!!
Old 2011-09-18, 23:51   Link #159
Used Can

Quote:
when you look at Denyuuden adaptation purely, and compare it to other LN adaptations, granted that some action scenes are not bad, but it's not really that good an adaptation
I'd say most LN adaptations are very mediocre. Even anime that were amazing like Katanagatari, as an adaptation, still lacked a lot of the info that you could find in the LNs. Then you have all those horrible adaptations you see from J.C. Staff.

Of course, there's also the issue how you present a product. That's how a LN that wasn't particularly popular like Bakemonogatari became extremely popular as an anime, because it was presented in a fashion the anime watchers liked a lot. Even though, from what I've heard, it's not a particularly good adaptation.

I don't know if Denyuuden could have been presented in a more appealing fashion, since it doesn't have any particular otaku-kei traits, which is what is hot these days. Even for fujoshi, the only things worth mentioning would be the Sion Notes, but in the anime itself there wasn't too much service for them - and, I'm grateful for that.
Old 2011-09-19, 10:21   Link #160
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

But well, I think sales sometimes also are a matter of luck. Of course, unless your name is KyoAni and you pretty much understand what your target wants - and even them seem to have failed with Nichijō.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Of course, there's also the issue how you present a product. That's how a LN that wasn't particularly popular like Bakemonogatari became extremely popular as an anime, because it was presented in a fashion the anime watchers liked a lot. Even though, from what I've heard, it's not a particularly good adaptation.

I don't know if Denyuuden could have been presented in a more appealing fashion, since it doesn't have any particular otaku-kei traits, which is what is hot these days. Even for fujoshi, the only things worth mentioning would be the Sion Notes, but in the anime itself there wasn't too much service for them - and, I'm grateful for that.

I'm agree. Nowadays wheremost people prefer moe factors+harem or some kind of school/daily life story over the one with great and complex plot which is hard to understand and take a time for buiding up.
All you have to do is produce a work which fulfill their needs and just hope it will just unexpectedly overhyped and become popular.

BTW it's really bugs me when those some LN adaptation from such a generic or even lame material get popular and sell a ton.
For example, that "flying harem".