AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 14:07   Link #421
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be fair, the episode did point out that his perception of sports was based primarily on what he's seen in manga thus why it would be so skewed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
That was one of the best lines of the episode from Matobe "Shinichi, you don't play sports do you?"
This. Yeah.

I wonder if the mixed teams idea would have succeeded in his hoped for goal (no pun intended). Humans to varying degrees seem to look down on both elves and dwarves to a certain degree - shown in extreme form in the terrorist attack a few eps back. In the few scenes where the classroom showed humans it was mainly rolling their eyes and bring irritated with the elves and dwarves arguing....
Old 2013-11-09, 18:05   Link #422
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fifth episode.

To be honest, it felt out of the ordinary seeing Shinichi teaching the Otaku course. If I were in his position, I would be speechless on what to say or to teach. The irony is that later on in the episode the whole situation turns 180 degrees around with all the students on screen bickering and quarreling which is the best love game, manga, doujinshi, or character out there; all adjusting so quickly to the otaku lore. Then, add Petrarca learning tsundereness and Gallius becoming acquainted with BL, and even otakus would feel creeped out at the pace everyone learned so much at so little time.

Now, moving on to other topics I'll always be fond of the Myusel x Shinichi moments reading manga together at night. It's at those times when Myusel confides to Shinichi her wishes, and what she hopes to see once Shinichi returns back to Japan and takes her along with him.

Lastly, Elbia. Well, her strange behavior was due to being overwhelmed by her natural instincts under the moonlight. At first, I thought it was her instinct to go hunting for food but turned to be her urge at wanting to do the nasty or sex drive. Still, makes sense since gluttony and lust are related, and Elbia under the moonlight pretty much becomes predatory, although if it's Shinichi then she won't mind urging to do the nasty, or going on his bed much to Myusel's chagrin.

Conditions for harem tropes are met: Don't make enmity amongst the girls, Shinichi.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 22:10   Link #423
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was one hell of a socrer game that dwarve girl really know how to kick the ball
Old 2013-11-09, 22:51   Link #424
Calca
Expressionless

That soccer match stole the show
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 01:49   Link #425
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Seriously - teaming up the Elves against the Dwarves instead of mixed teams is a pretty hard-core stupid move. But the demands of the episode, I suppose...
Yeah, they apparently needed Myucel and Petralca to show them how it's done. It was cute to watch I must say. And as much as Petralca may annoy me at times her appearance is at least adorable.

I also don't think those guys were filming it just for broadcasting/proprieties purposes. Looks more like for study material for later and how they could either fight against or utilize them.

As far as the soccer match itself goes isn't that how they all end?! But seriously I've heard about some of the riots that happen after some matches or calls were made.

Minori is totally my insert character. It's just to bad she missed getting a picture of Galius eating rice from Shinichi's face.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 03:52   Link #426
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I heard this show isn't doing well with pre-orders. Which I think is a complete shame because this is a very brainy show for how cutesy rom-comedy it can be. It reminds me of Oda Nobunaga no Yabou, which also didn't get a second season.

Maybe this show just isn't moe enough for otakus. That and it's not based on an already massively popular novel series like Oreimo or Sword Art Online.
Old 2013-11-10, 07:31   Link #427
venshade

I laugh out loud about those BL things.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:14   Link #428
Seiryuu

One problem I'm having is it's looking like the humans aren't taking to this very quickly. Are they enjoying any of it? If they're not getting into any of the anime/games fast enough, I worry they might start to see the stuff as a worthless pastime for lower races and dismiss or disdain it. Once they get a bit further off the ground, they might want initial classes to be properly separated by race, just to get them into the range of interests so that the fact that a dwarf is into it won't make it look bad to the others. Once they've gotten through the preliminary courses and chosen areas they're particularly interested in, they can be split by areas of study instead and even if they're surrounded by elves and lizards, it'll be elves and lizards who rave over the same things.

Either that, or they need to come up with some way to break the ice more thoroughly and get people to accept one another in this class, so that the new kids will see the older kids enjoying diverse company. If the new kids come in and it's still three or four separate groups that don't get along, they'll likely just gravitate to their own race and perpetuate the nonsense.

One other thing is that they should set up some sort of "disciplinary" plan with rules and punishments. For instance, while they're permitted to argue the merits of the shows, racial slurs and stereotyping should be met with immediate consequences. Don't just sit there and let them yell at each other about how worthless each other's races are. Imagine how messed up school would be if teachers just stood back and watched while people tore each other apart over fantasies of racial superiority.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 11:37   Link #429
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
That soccer match stole the show
Not only was that the first soccer match in the history of Eldant, at the same time, it became the first soccer riot!
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 11:47   Link #430
Xiyon

Heh, football matches always turn violent, eh? XD

I stared, stunned, after Romilda's opening goal.

Dwara: Romilda
Romilda: eh.

*thud*

...o_o
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 13:55   Link #431
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Seriously - teaming up the Elves against the Dwarves instead of mixed teams is a pretty hard-core stupid move. But the demands of the episode, I suppose...
I thought it worked in a "let them get it out of their system" sort of way.
At least that was the idea!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 14:30   Link #432
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

It just highlighted how little shinichi and the others know about the abilities of each race. I was more amazed that the loli empress didn't know how strong dwarves are and that elves know how to use magic. But I would think that that's because she has been locked up inside that palace and this was the first time she saw all of those.

but as matoba said, the real winner in this was miusel, getting people to see her and the empress "fraternizing" would mean two things, that the world they're in would be a better place or that everyone would be up in arms and the empress will be seen as somebody not fit to rule. Of course the latter would be more realistic.

is that preview showing miusel in japan? and here I thought they would only show that towards the end.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 17:37   Link #433
chaos_animagic

Dem Lolis are strong, LOL.

miusel is awesome, she's the best character of this show.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 15:21   Link #434
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 21:59   Link #435
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I heard this show isn't doing well with pre-orders. Which I think is a complete shame because this is a very brainy show for how cutesy rom-comedy it can be. It reminds me of Oda Nobunaga no Yabou, which also didn't get a second season.

Maybe this show just isn't moe enough for otakus. That and it's not based on an already massively popular novel series like Oreimo or Sword Art Online.

Well, that's a shame. I thought it would be doing fine considering it was getting pretty high view counts on the Japanese streaming site I watched. But lately, TBS has been pretty aggressive at taking down the episodes. I guess the lack of sales is the reason why?

or decreasing it's exposure could be affecting the sales too. >_>
Old 2013-11-15, 00:20   Link #436
D-Joe

lol@Director implied he's not good at minamike season 3 in ep7
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 08:08   Link #437
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Well, that's a shame. I thought it would be doing fine considering it was getting pretty high view counts on the Japanese streaming site I watched. But lately, TBS has been pretty aggressive at taking down the episodes. I guess the lack of sales is the reason why?

or decreasing it's exposure could be affecting the sales too. >_>
The show is being streamed legally on Nicodouga and Bandai Channel in Japan not to mention other streaming sites overseas. Nicodouga is already the largest and most widely available legal streaming site in Japan so of course all the parties involved would be cracking down on illegal streaming as fast as they can.

Also the lack of sales is not the reason they are doing take downs, Nicodouga has rights to stream a good portion of the anime which goes on air every season, the parties are already offering a perfectly good and legal alternative to illegal streaming, they have every right to go around cracking down illegal streams which takes away their revenue.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 14:49   Link #438
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
"Yo, it's been 5 years!" I wonder where THAT line came from..... lol
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 15:34   Link #439
ookamigirl

Kanou was pretty LOL, but I get how something like that would anger an otaku.
I was surprised he'd get to go home at all.
His dream was very interesting and very ecchi.
Pop-up Miusel was a nice surprise, but kinda cool too.
It was fun watching her enthusiasm about everything ^^
Since he got back, his mind is totally in the gutter..
I really enjoyed watching this episode.
So far, this episode is my favorite ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 15:51   Link #440
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I miss Blük, shame we don't see much of him anymore at all.

You'd think Shinichi could have kept his eyes on the prize and bought stuff in Akiba. He really should take his job more seriously.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, romantic comedy, shounen