AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 31.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-07, 19:38   Link #21
defrule

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-07, 19:40   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
Indeed, I don't understand how good L is. He maybe a capable detective, but as a person, he is no better than Light. Instead of trying to convince Kira to stop killing, he taunts Kira to hope that he would kill someone so that he can capture him.

Both L's and Light's ability is overhyped. Anyone who care would notice the change within Misa. Moreover, as far as I can tell, most of their tactics are full of holes and inefficient. But since this is an anime, I wouldn't argue about it.
I have no idea why you're getting all emo about L's personality.
That has very little importance in this case.

We're not dealing with a petty criminal case here, we're dealing with someone that can, and will, shake the entire world in fear. The worst mass murderer in history of mankind. Perhaps you're getting too attached to Kira side, getting mesmerised by Light and Misa's personality?

Also, you boast to be much more of an intelect than L and Light? orly.
If that's true, I would love to read your mystery novels.
Old 2007-03-07, 21:12   Link #23
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I have no idea why you're getting all emo about L's personality.
That has very little importance in this case.

We're not dealing with a petty criminal case here, we're dealing with someone that can, and will, shake the entire world in fear. The worst mass murderer in history of mankind. Perhaps you're getting too attached to Kira side, getting mesmerised by Light and Misa's personality?

Also, you boast to be much more of an intelect than L and Light? orly.
If that's true, I would love to read your mystery novels.
To me, Light and L is the same. Bird of a feather maybe? I am not a fan of mystery/suspense story, and I don't write mystery novels because I found it very pointless.

What I am most upset with is the theme of "justice". Using fear maybe an efficient tools, but if people only act based on fear, why have a mind?

The worst mass murderer in history is the war monger, Light's killing doesn't even come close to it. It wasn't the number of death; it was the corruption of people's heart. Mankind's greatest enemy is not some super power or mass weapon of destruction, it is the evil within one's heart. The way people torture and kill each other during war is very barbaric.
Old 2007-03-07, 21:20   Link #24
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
To me, Light and L is the same. Bird of a feather maybe? I am not a fan of mystery/suspense story, and I don't write mystery novels because I found it very pointless.

What I am most upset with is the theme of "justice". Using fear maybe an efficient tools, but if people only act based on fear, why have a mind?

The worst mass murderer in history is the war mongers, Light's killing doesn't even come close to it. It wasn't the number of death, but it was the corruption of people's heart. Mankind's greatest enemy is not some super power or mass weapon of destruction, it is the evil within one's heart.
You're waaaay off the topic here.
Slaughter as result of political or military oppression isn't what we're talking about. You're lumping "War criminals" and homicide murderers together.
I figure you're smart enough to understand the diffrence, yes?

"omg it's people's evil heart that's evil!"
....... um, no kidding? That's not even what the issue is here, where the heck did you suddenly get the urge to spew that out?

Anyways, any further discussion on this topic will require manga spoilers.
Hence, I'm ending it right here.
Old 2007-03-08, 00:35   Link #25
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
We're awfully getting close to that part of the story now

And quite a difference from the Manga during Higuchi's drive.
erm...so does that mean the anime is going another direction now?? i hope not~
Old 2007-03-08, 01:11   Link #26
rem

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
I think Misa has done a very stupid thing. Now L will suspect and Light is starting to worry. Can't wait to see the reaction of L in the next episode. I also think watching the OP and End was interesting than the first time I watched.
Not that Misa doing something very stupid is anything unusual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne
I completely agree with you-- one of the reasons the two of them paced each other so well at the beginning is that they seem to think alike and seem to also hold very similar moral beliefs. Light saw nothing wrong with killing in the name of "justice," and L saw nothing wrong with illegally holding accused people captive and torturing them in the name of "justice." It's especially interesting, in that both ends seem to have backfired on both characters equally: L's torture of Misa and Light didn't solve anything, and Light's killing of various criminals didn't put a stop to crime. "Justice," in the eyes of both characters, has not been served.

This ep was a big improvement, and it's nice to see Rem back I could have done well with much less of Misa, but at least her annoyingness advanced the plot, so hooray!
Old 2007-03-08, 01:16   Link #27
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
erm...so does that mean the anime is going another direction now?? i hope not~
No, the general content is pretty much the same.
They simply cut out quite a few dialogs, and made dramatic sexually suggestive moves by Higuchi, making him look more of a pervert than the original.
Only diffrence is dramatic effect, so you don't have to worry about anime going "original storyline".

Many other dialogs were cut too. About 50% of the dialogs were cut through out this episode.
Old 2007-03-08, 10:11   Link #28
Forever
Revealing the truth

OMG misa just did the most stupid move. I really wonder light did calculate all the way even up to her stupidity.
Old 2007-03-08, 10:30   Link #29
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Like I said before in a previous episode thread, it seems author Ohba Tsugumi had deliberately left enough hints for the reader to guess who it is all along.

Spoiler for Yotsuba-Kira hints:
Old 2007-03-08, 10:33   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just so you know Kinny Riddle, the manga didn't give it away in the same sense that the anime did. Sure it was still the same talks and he did point out about that someone should be killed, but the director went a certain way of pulling of these scenes - nothing to do with Ohba Tsugumi.
Old 2007-03-08, 12:20   Link #31
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just so you know Kinny Riddle, the manga didn't give it away in the same sense that the anime did. Sure it was still the same talks and he did point out about that someone should be killed, but the director went a certain way of pulling of these scenes - nothing to do with Ohba Tsugumi.
Pardon me, but I don't understand what you're talking about. The anime simply used the same dialogue from the manga, it still suggests it's him, I don't see any difference whatsoever. Please be more elaborate.
Old 2007-03-08, 12:38   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Okay.

I believe that the anime has done a worse job at hiding who the third Kira was upto this point. True that the two have the same dialogue, but its just the way that the shots focused on Higuchi, it was giving it far to much away. I've spoken to many fans who have never touched the manga, and they thought it was him coming into this episode.

Anyway, not to happy with the new scenes added. Higuchi may not be the best of men, but if he believed that she was the second Kira, and she has the eyes - why jump on her like that, which could anger her?
Old 2007-03-08, 13:02   Link #33
shakildwz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
OMG misa just did the most stupid move. I really wonder light did calculate all the way even up to her stupidity.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-08, 13:48   Link #34
Jaden

Well, Misa's move was a bit reckless since L now suspects her of still being kira.
And L will take it very seriously, he knows that the second kira can kill him without knowing his name.
When Misa showed the record L thinks only "How did she get Higuchi to say this?" In the worst case, L will be able to connect Misa's "date" and the death of that boss Rem killed.
Old 2007-03-08, 15:23   Link #35
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well I found the band who plays the new opening..lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlB7BTzhfM
Old 2007-03-08, 15:49   Link #36
FlashCE

Welcome to last week.
Old 2007-03-09, 08:38   Link #37
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Not a bad episode! It seems like Death Note is returning back to the way it use to be.
[/spoiler]
** manga spoiler snipped **

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Spoiler:
if K and L were not almost matching in standard, they couldn't have kept up the investigation so far, and it is this amazing battle of wits that lured us to start with, isn't it? ( or at least, part of the reasons among the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Okay.

I believe that the anime has done a worse job at hiding who the third Kira was upto this point. True that the two have the same dialogue, but its just the way that the shots focused on Higuchi, it was giving it far to much away. I've spoken to many fans who have never touched the manga, and they thought it was him coming into this episode.
i agree over here.. a slow reading of the manga and by total emersion of self into the manga, time seems to hold and stand still longer, creating some sort of stuffy atmosphere while that is what the anime can't create. the pauses that a reader takes is not displayed in the anime whereby you do not control its speed, and therefore sometimes certain emotions cannot be created as when reading. the anime did seem to point out the 3rd kira more obviously, losing the tension and suspicion the manga provides..

sorry if i wrote so long and am so naggy..~

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-09 at 22:47. Reason: manga spoilers are not allowed EVER
Old 2007-03-09, 15:54   Link #38
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
gd that it's back into action, but somehow despite the very very good plot, the new characters started to bore me.. especially more so when..
Spoiler:
Hey, kriez... even in spoiler tags, that's too much of a spoiler.
It's one of the most important part of the series, and it violates the spoiler rules.
I think you should edit it out... or you will have angry mobs on your hind pretty soon.
Old 2007-03-09, 16:31   Link #39
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Misa: "Who are you?!"
Rem: "There are Death Notes and Shinigami, Light is Kira and you're the Second Kira."
Misa: "OKAY I BELIEVE YOU!"
Old 2007-03-09, 17:27   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If a tall good looking creature appeared, and told me information that made sense (and knew about my feelings for a guy), i'd also believe Rem.