karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 16:48   Link #1983
medigo

damn you Emonzaemon
medigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 18:55   Link #1984
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Rinnes laugh is sexy. Ukekekekekekekeke. EPISODE 11 PREVIEW? I HAVE TO WATCH THAT LIKE NAO OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMMMMMM

*impales medigo* Don't say bad things of Emonzaemon-sama. >

On yeah, I would refrain from watching that preview, it contains massive spoilers!
Good god, that was fucking amazing. I am going to resort to tying myself down to a chain in a basement, from going crazy over this episode. Slaving over Houou-sama has proven to be healthy to me. But I am angry at him for doing such a thing to Pengin (not trying to imply anything, only if you seen the preview then you know what I am talking about )
Old 2010-10-18, 19:22   Link #1985
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Has anyone listen to the soundtrack by Taku Iwasaki?

The theme song for Togame is beautiful omg if it gets played during that upcoming "scene" I'll cry lmao.

karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 19:38   Link #1986
Kakkou
Tch.

Spoiler for ep10 trailer:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 19:44   Link #1987
shichi-chan
Mippa~

I've heard the entire sounds track, and have it all, yes alot of the songs or tracks are beautiful and awesome.
Old 2010-10-18, 20:09   Link #1988
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Has anyone listen to the soundtrack by Taku Iwasaki?

The theme song for Togame is beautiful omg if it gets played during that upcoming "scene" I'll cry lmao.

It's highly probable that her theme will get played when it happens. Regardless of the music used, get ready for the waterworks.
Old 2010-10-18, 20:22   Link #1989
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
It's highly probable that her theme will get played when it happens. Regardless of the music used, get ready for the waterworks.
Man, I'm already crying my eyes out just watching the last couple of seconds of the preview!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 21:10   Link #1990
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow episode 10 was different, yet very interesting, I really enjoyed this episode the sword itself was interesting and logic behind it and Rinne Higaki was quite an amusing character, Togame's father must have been an interesting person. I was thought Shichika could be one of the blades, but I didn't think it would really be true and that their line is the "final" blade is surprising, I wonder Hitei is aware of his style being considered the final blade though?

Also I think I forgot to read/post in here for episode 9, which I had mostly enjoyed thanks to Shizuka roll as Zanki Kiguchi, well that and Togame's delusions .

Though I am eagerly waiting episodes 11 and 12 since things are set-up to do be pretty interesting, I have honestly no idea how this will turn out exactly for the end .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 21:52   Link #1991
KittyMaverick

....DAMN YOU TRAILERS!!!!!!! *SHAKES FIST*

*retains composure*

Spoiler for Goes behind the spoilers screen:

Just a thought, did they considered not hiding any plot point anymore because they've showed the last two episodes already at the special event?

Oh, and has anyone noticed that they are starting to sale MANJUS themed around the twelve swords?
Let me repeat that...
THEY ARE SELLING FOOD THAT'S THEMED ON THE EPISODES AND THEIR LOCATION.

...All we need now is some cosplayer cosplaying this series while eating these, and I'm satisfied...XD

Now regarding episode 10...
If Rinne is a composition of Shichika and Togame's memories...
Personality --> Takahito Hida
Appearance --> Konayuki+Nanami
Posture (sometimes) --> Zanki
Drinking habits (sometimes) --> Meisai
Laugh --> somehow I reach the natural conclusion of....Koumori?!?!
Wait...what?

Last edited by KittyMaverick; 2010-10-18 at 23:23.
KittyMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 23:12   Link #1992
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Just a thought, did they considered not hiding any plot point anymore because they've showed the last two episodes already at the special event?
Spoiler for 1:

Quote:
Regardless of the music used, get ready for the waterworks.
I cried over the written version. Take it as you want.

Still no info about Soundtrack #2. I wonder, will there be #3? Will #2 be 2CD? They certainly won't fit the remaining music on a single 80min-CD.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-10-18 at 23:37.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 00:50   Link #1993
Maniwa Akagin
Member of the Beast Squad

Okay, finished watching episode ten earlier today. A great episode, I honestly think Rinne was funny as heck, in the way that any 'wise old hermit' can be. Including the laugh! Seitou Hakari's design was pretty snazzy, but I don't think I quite 'got' how it's focus worked. In the end, I think that's alright, however, as it seemed to be more about the characters than the sword. Yes, that's usually the case, but I'd say a little more this time around.

As for Kyotouryuu being the last sword, I honestly had about half an inkling it might be. Though I wonder if it was always Completed, or if it required the successive generations, along with the continually killing of their own family members, to really perfect it? Maybe that was also a reason why the sixth didn't want to teach Nanami, sot hat she wouldn't have to get killed? Or even add a Highlander flavor, int hat the true 'Perfected' status is only available to one practitioner at a time, so the killings would be required to reach 'perfected' status?

I personally liked the ending, a bit different, but ultimately nice. Though for some reason, it made me almost remember another song, and I can't quite place what it was. Going to drive me crazy!
Maniwa Akagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 03:42   Link #1994
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Still no info about Soundtrack #2. I wonder, will there be #3? Will #2 be 2CD? They certainly won't fit the remaining music on a single 80min-CD.
At this rate i can't see two soundtracks being sold, unless we see one released with a DVD/Blu-ray, so yeah i'm gonna go with the release being two discs. Has to happen soon though, because i want these new pieces.
Old 2010-10-19, 08:44   Link #1995
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post

I cried over the written version. Take it as you want.

I'm really happy I'm not the only who feels this way. Even if there was absolute SILENCE during that part, I would still cry. In fact, for me personally, silence would probably make it even sadder... >_<
Old 2010-10-19, 08:45   Link #1996
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniwa Akagin View Post
Okay, finished watching episode ten earlier today. A great episode, I honestly think Rinne was funny as heck, in the way that any 'wise old hermit' can be. Including the laugh! Seitou Hakari's design was pretty snazzy, but I don't think I quite 'got' how it's focus worked. In the end, I think that's alright, however, as it seemed to be more about the characters than the sword. Yes, that's usually the case, but I'd say a little more this time around.

As for Kyotouryuu being the last sword, I honestly had about half an inkling it might be. Though I wonder if it was always Completed, or if it required the successive generations, along with the continually killing of their own family members, to really perfect it? Maybe that was also a reason why the sixth didn't want to teach Nanami, sot hat she wouldn't have to get killed? Or even add a Highlander flavor, int hat the true 'Perfected' status is only available to one practitioner at a time, so the killings would be required to reach 'perfected' status?

I personally liked the ending, a bit different, but ultimately nice. Though for some reason, it made me almost remember another song, and I can't quite place what it was. Going to drive me crazy!
I think Seitou Hakari's focus was about how they mention its not meant to cut anyone, but the owner, and trying to like say that, you must be truthful as a person, and as the sword is truthful to you, kinda like opening up the darkness in your heart to come out. Well, that's how I made it out to be. That or I am confusing it with Rinne's general purpose.

As for each new head of the school, I think Mutsue didn't want to teach Nanami be cause of her Hidden Technique, or she would become OP. Hahaha. He wanted to contain it. Plus on the killings I think it is because There can only be like one sword at a time.
Old 2010-10-19, 13:43   Link #1997
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Dear God, this anime is simply brilliant. Everything about it is just awesome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 00:50   Link #1998
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Good shit being fucking subtle guys, seriously.

The version I downloaded didn't have a preview, all the better I suppose.

Amazing episode.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 03:39   Link #1999
tsunade666

at episode 11 preview. I didn't notice much on what people was angry about because I was preoccupied
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-20, 07:35   Link #2000
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Good 'ol Pixiv works fast enough.
A certain artist who did a lot of Katanagatari fanart made this amazing piece featuring shogunate warriors from the ultimate episode.
Spoiler for Episode 12 (Only what was shown in the cour trailer):

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-10-20 at 10:15.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy