Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 21:55   Link #921
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
This just might be me being ignorant, but are Japanese teachers really allowed to hit their students or is this just something added in for a +1 comedy point
Random violence and anime go hand in hand with one another (Or just comedy in general); it's something completely played for laughs. If Japanese teachers were really allowed to physically harm their students then there would be more hatred for the country on the web (Or in any social group really).

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 22:58   Link #922
Shadow5YA

It's called slapstick, and it's present in American comedies as well.

Even then, Shizuka hasn't really hit Hachiman since volume 2-3, and that was back when the series as a whole was more lighthearted in nature.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 00:03   Link #923
Tenzen12

And unlike many other works Hikki deserved every single one of these punch (maybe except first one).

And I think she simply was confident that He will not try pursue that matter. It's not as Shizuka has affinity follow rules in first place.

PS: happy birthday Yui.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 21:16   Link #924
blackwhite67
Banned

Thanks for the new chapter Spyro!
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 01:05   Link #925
kazzuya13

I just the prologue and chapter of volume 7 thanks for the translation.
Old 2013-06-20, 05:39   Link #926
Haiprbim
Banned

I must say that this is one of those rare romantic stories that I've seen in which the male MC isn't shown to be with the girl that he first encounters, cutting out that being either his sister, mother, best friend or a teacher.

Hachi seems more connected to Yui than Yukino, although Yukino was that first-shown girl.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 08:32   Link #927
Quol
That Guy

Though honestly I just can not see Hikki with Yui. It seems to me that if they start a relationship Yui wont be able to handle it.
I find both of Hikki's relationship with the girls to be one of those romantic cliche (though i like these kinds)

HikkixYukino
Two outcasts who live alone and depend on only themselves have to find a way to work with another, depend on another and be with another.

HikkixYui
Two people from different worlds come together through all odds and stay with each other.

The way the author makes this novel I think the HikkixYui would create A LOT more drama then the other one. While the HikkixYukino would have more of a two awkward people trying their best to make it work feel.

Also Hikki is more connected with Yukino in my opinion, often times Yukino voices what Hikki thinks, and Yui, as Tsurumi said "You are different compared to these two, you belong on that side." this goes to show the difference in ideals that Hikki and Yui have.
Yui and Hikki just have a relationship where Yui wants to get closer to Hikki because she likes him, while Hikki wants to avoid Yui because he has been hurt too many times with the "nice girl" act, he also states that there will always be a distance between him and Yui. A relationship like that will only end in ruin.

All in all I'm rooting for HikkixYukino I think that it would make for a cleaner ending plus I like the relationship they have.

Last edited by Quol; 2013-06-20 at 11:36. Reason: Cleared up Yui and Hikki's relationship
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:37   Link #928
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
... All in all I'm rooting for HikkixYukino I think that it would make for a cleaner ending plus I like the relationship they have.
Keeping things short, so do I.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:15   Link #929
animefan36
Another Anime Lover

Okay, just finished watching this week's episode and just realized its was already on the volume 6 damn.... was there not enough material in the LN to make it more lasting???
animefan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:25   Link #930
omegasereon

Will the extra episode cover volume 7? or will it just be filler?
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:36   Link #931
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Will the extra episode cover volume 7? or will it just be filler?
It'll be an anime original written by the author. Likely to not be canon but who knows.
Old 2013-06-21, 07:27   Link #932
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

does baka-tsuki have translated most of the light novel?
Old 2013-06-21, 08:24   Link #933
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
does baka-tsuki have translated most of the light novel?
no it does not

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 10:08   Link #934
Battler-kun

Ehm, so can someone spoiler me with the most recent standing regarding the LN?

Is Hachiman out of school yet?
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 10:36   Link #935
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Ehm, so can someone spoiler me with the most recent standing regarding the LN?

Is Hachiman out of school yet?
Currently to fulfill a request hikki did another social self destruct which made Yui and Yukino pretty mad. Novel ended there, not exactly the best standing lol

Hikki and everyone are still in high school, though not sure what year...
Old 2013-06-21, 11:00   Link #936
Shadow5YA

They should all still be in their second year (hence class 2-F). I don't recall any statements showing they advanced a grade.

The car accident happened at the entrance ceremony of Hachiman's first year, so that entire year was skipped.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 13:45   Link #937
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They should all still be in their second year (hence class 2-F). I don't recall any statements showing they advanced a grade.

The car accident happened at the entrance ceremony of Hachiman's first year, so that entire year was skipped.
I remember that it's autumn now? Their school year starts at spring.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 14:22   Link #938
taichi-kun

hi

Sorry guys I don't want to bother you,but was this part adapted? what happened here?:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...Com_v6-275.jpg

And also,why did yukino refuse to be 8man's friend twice? is there a special reason?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 16:59   Link #939
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
hi

Sorry guys I don't want to bother you,but was this part adapted? what happened here?:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...Com_v6-275.jpg

And also,why did yukino refuse to be 8man's friend twice? is there a special reason?
For the picture, seems like someone pushed Hikki into her, but i'm also curious about that...

She rejected Hikki the first time because she just didnt want friends in general; thinking the boys just want to get with her and the girls just want to toy with her.
Second time is more into interpretation, I personally think that it is half of her "Friends only get in the Way" Policy, and she is just embarrassed since during the Tennis Court Arc when Yukino came in to save the day she said "I see you caused a great deal of trouble for my fri- for my club member." (Yui)

Though she did promote Hikki to acquaintance

Last edited by Quol; 2013-06-21 at 17:21.
Old 2013-06-21, 21:37   Link #940
DawnEmperor

Call me crazy, but maybe Yukino wants a relationship beyond just friendship with Hachiman in regards to her rejection(or perhaps this is the wrong manga)

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2013-06-21 at 22:57.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck