Notices

Old 2017-04-11, 19:51   Link #2641
FOG Decepticon

chapter 85 is out.
FOG Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 03:35   Link #2642
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Takao, Haruna and Kirishima realize something fishy about the festival and it's timing and are reunited.
Old 2017-04-18, 21:09   Link #2643
FOG Decepticon

I found chapter 85 to be not a very interesting chapter.

I counted 7 and1/2 pages in there that felt like filler.

Page 1, 1st panel is fine as it has the establishing shot, the one telling us where we are, its a fairly clean introduction.

It is then followed by 4 more panels before we even get to Takeo in the golf cart(?).

Then an entire page (9) (made up of 3 panels) is wasted with Takeo getting out the car, when the 1st panel of page 10 could have been her and Sakura encountering the Student council exiting the building.

Haruna then follows Takeo and finally they confront each other.

This actually takes up 8 pages when only page 21 (last panel) and 27 contain the panels required to set it up the next chapter.

6 whole pages are wasted before Haruna and Takeo stand facing one another.

For arguments sake, these pages are used to show distance travelled (how long haruna was following), the distances between them at the start of the next chapter and then staring each other down.

My question is 'did it really need this many pages?'

Some little things are nice, like the shot of Takeo taking off her glasses, but otherwise it feels a little forced to be this long a sequence.

Page 22 could have been split into a 6 panel grid, showing Haruna following Takeo; and have page 28 split into four panels (rather than 2).Upper right and lower left would contain the current facial closeups, while the upper left and lower right would contain the distancing shots (shown in pages 25 to 27).

Freeing up the other 6 (5 if you want to retain Takeo's glasses removal and Haruna jumping down to the floor) pages, and the additional page and a half (about).

7 and a bit, pages seem wasted total.

So is it just a compositional issue?

Not just that. I also felt underwhelmed/unhappy by Takeos conversation with the student council. The reasons for the council rejecting and opposing the festival seemed without merit - only being upset because one hasn't been held in 20 years and they have no idea what is involved? Not rocket science guys.

The only new information we get is on Sakura's personality, that Takeo has a fanclub (which she doesn't want) and that Takeo vs Haruna will happen next issue.

The council feels unwelcome to me because it simply gives nothing important and deals with its own plot point lamely. Again the reason they give is just poorly thought out, it makes me less interested in the academy's students.

I know that the writers are better than this, not perfect, but better.

Is there an out?

There is a small, but significant timeskip, (as it would take time and presumably reqiure meetings for Kita to get the ball rolling) to allow for extra story to happen off panel and that could be reflected in the student council's comments.

There could have been a leak to the student body of an upcoming festival and how it impacts them and why.

There is the fact that some would have a simular attitude to pre-401 Gunzou, knowledgeable of the fact that no job/position awaits the graduates.

Others would be resentful for the same reasons as Kita; its a waste of resources.

Which would only make them more determined to block a festival 'celebrating' it.

A petition against this festival could have been mentioned, showing that their are people 'do' think beyond giving Takeo a lets date card. (Did Kotono have to deal with this crap or has the student body lost its intelligence these last few years? lol)

Also its not been stated how much the students know about the FOG, and how much is classified.

And within that what do they know of 4O1's battles?

Now I haven't read salty road so maybe its mentioned
in there. I really, really want to see the student pov's.

I am not saying this breaks anything for me as its the main cast that is bringing me into the story.

That said, it was heavily implyed in chapter 76 that we are going to get some outside perspective on the FOG, and thats a good idea that deserves exploring.

One of the strengths of this story is its learnings toward philosophy. Characters who do analyse their surroundings and situation.

I just feel the scene was pointless, objection without a conviction is meaningless.

Blue Steel has always delivered on it's promises storywise. So I still have hope that this is going somewhere awesome, dispite my opening facepalm.

Last edited by FOG Decepticon; 2017-04-18 at 21:27.
Old 2017-04-18, 21:16   Link #2644
FOG Decepticon

Sorry double posted.
Old 2017-05-16, 21:42   Link #2645
junkers10130

So dose anyone else know why Ch86 is late on crunchyroll?
junkers10130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 19:17   Link #2646
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Because it hasn't been released yet. There is no chapter this month. AP is busy, partially with Gundam.
00Zy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 16:38   Link #2647
evihcrA weiV

Meanwhile, they've started 蒼き鋼のアルペジオ novelize ~火の山の島の冒険 in Young King Ours GH, a text series based on Arpeggio that may explain what Ashigara and Haguro have been doing on Iwo Jima.
Spoiler:

Last edited by LKK; 2017-05-19 at 08:57. Reason: Corrected spoiler tags.
evihcrA weiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 19:16   Link #2648
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Spoilers tag not working, dude(tte).

Is there any chance of someone doing a translation?
Old 2017-06-06, 02:15   Link #2649
FOG Decepticon

Chapte 86 is out. Whatever I said last month, I really liked this.

Spoiler for current chapter not everyone might have read yet:

Last edited by FOG Decepticon; 2017-06-06 at 03:17. Reason: Spoiler section
Old 2017-06-06, 06:57   Link #2650
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOG Decepticon View Post
Chapte 86 is out. Whatever I said last month, I really liked this.

Spoiler for current chapter not everyone might have read yet:
Yeah it is certainly an interesting chapter. It is probably one of the best ones as of late.
Old 2017-06-06, 15:23   Link #2651
evihcrA weiV

Chapter 2 of 蒼き鋼のアルペジオ novelize ~火の山の島の冒険 is out in Young King Ours GH. More hijinks on Iwo Jima with Ashigara and Haguro, with some mention of what Shōzō Chihaya and the Scarlet Fleet is doing. It looks like they're going to use this to help cover what's happening with all the other plot lines.
evihcrA weiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 20:39   Link #2652
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

^^ ^^ ^^ I think that that's supposed to show the encounter being WIPED from the base's security system.

^^Any chance of someone translating this?
Old 2017-06-06, 23:53   Link #2653
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

It's finally out on Crunchyroll.
Interesting flashback.
I wonder how Takao got that scene?
Old 2017-06-07, 02:53   Link #2654
u2L2rQ

^Takao got those memories in ch.82
u2L2rQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 05:32   Link #2655
Tenzen12

Oh you are right. Though it still doesn't explain how she got that scene...
Old 2017-06-20, 07:22   Link #2656
FOG Decepticon

Well, in chapter 82, Takeo states that she received the same 'memory' from 401. When she received it from 401 is a mystery.

I am confused by the how. How 401 gave Takeo the memory or how she got the alternate version presented in chapter 82?

If its the former, rather than the latter, it is described in the dictionary of the blue steel (chapter 0), that FOG telepathy allows transmissions of visual data instantly.

And one could argue that the ultimate visual records are memories. So that explains how Takeo got the 'original' version.

As for the latter in chapter 82 Takeo tells us, that the version she recieves here, is diffrent as in that it appears to be from a third spectator or POV.

I assume this is perhaps from 'Kotono' who would surely have been spying on Iona's activities.

I believe that the vision Haruna experiences is actually from Gunzou's mind. And while that may sound farfetched, as it isn't from his POV, it could be he's reliving this memory as a dream.

He should still be unconsious from his battle with Kongou and I believe that he is interfacing with the tactical network right now.
Old 2017-06-20, 11:27   Link #2657
Windsgrace

As odd as that theory is it is indeed plausible and well thought out. I like it. :3
Old 2017-07-04, 21:48   Link #2658
FOG Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
As odd as that theory is it is indeed plausible and well thought out. I like it. :3
Thanks for the compliment.
Old 2017-07-05, 05:41   Link #2659
cloud04
Scanlator

chapter 87 is out but it seems its locked right off the bat
Old 2017-07-05, 22:52   Link #2660
Random14

Looks like the chapter is up on Crunchy now. So more flashbacks, this time to Iori. Took me a bit to recognize either of them. Until they said her name I didn't recognize Iori (doesn't help Haruna's wearing her hair in similar style now too), so strange to see her like that with a rich family (and not like we've seen much of her in the present lately either). I've almost forgotten what Kirishima looked like out of the teddy bear (thought it was Atago for a second).

Is the series going to go through flashbacks to everyone on Gunzou's crew? Probably not Kotono, but maybe even, what was her name, the former radar operator girl? Guess that'll be it for the next year or so at the rate this manga moves.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen