AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-31, 12:58   Link #121
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Isshin could very well be the former 10th squad captain, not because Hitsugaya is relatively new captain but because Ryuken knows him. If Ryuken knows Isshin, that means Isshin left SS quite recently.
Good point. It's also interesting that Ryuken knows him as a shinigami and not just a medical colleague. That pretty much implies that their relationship goes back to the days before Isshin had lost his powers

I don't know if this has already been speculated, but maybe Isshin's friendship w/ Ryuken is the reason he left SS. At one time, the shinigami made it their business to exterminate the Quincy. Even though the war eventually ceased, they still remained enemies somewhat. Maybe Ryuken did something that put him at odds with SS and they decided he had to be dealt with. But Ryuken, obviously being a very powerful Quincy would need a powerful shinigami to take him down. Probably someone at least captain level. Maybe Isshin was the one sent to deal with Ryuken, but couldn't go through with it, whether it was the disgust of aiding in genocide or some other circumstance. If Soul Society found out Isshin had spared a Quincy or worse, he had befriended one they'd find him guilty of treason and Isshin would have to escape and go into exile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqi View Post
That would explain why isshin treats him the way he does and treats his girls better, because they are his biological children. I never thought of it that way. Maybe that means ichigo has a key to the king inside him?
Isshin treats Ichigo that way because he's the oldest and he's a boy (we couldn't have Ichigo growing up to be a man without knowing how to take some licks right?). He doesn't care for him less than his other children.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-10-31 at 13:11.
Old 2007-10-31, 14:37   Link #122
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Since theories are flying I may as well add another. Ichigo is so powerful because his mom is a quincy who is Ryuken's sister.
Old 2007-10-31, 15:28   Link #123
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Good point. It's also interesting that Ryuken knows him as a shinigami and not just a medical colleague. That pretty much implies that their relationship goes back to the days before Isshin had lost his powers

I don't know if this has already been speculated, but maybe Isshin's friendship w/ Ryuken is the reason he left SS. At one time, the shinigami made it their business to exterminate the Quincy. Even though the war eventually ceased, they still remained enemies somewhat. Maybe Ryuken did something that put him at odds with SS and they decided he had to be dealt with. But Ryuken, obviously being a very powerful Quincy would need a powerful shinigami to take him down. Probably someone at least captain level. Maybe Isshin was the one sent to deal with Ryuken, but couldn't go through with it, whether it was the disgust of aiding in genocide or some other circumstance. If Soul Society found out Isshin had spared a Quincy or worse, he had befriended one they'd find him guilty of treason and Isshin would have to escape and go into exile.
Logically speaking Isshin had to go to med school and all that to become a doctor; add Ichigo's age then I think it is safe to say that Isshin has been in the human world for around 20yrs. Like you said, Ryuken probably met Isshin as a young Quincy, which explains how Ryuken knows about Isshin's power and how/when Isshin lost his power.

I think someone else said that Ryuken's sister could be Ichigo's mom, but that would mean Ishida is Ichigo's cousin O_o....that would be something wouldn't it?
Old 2007-10-31, 16:17   Link #124
4got10

Since the former 10th squad captain and troops on it is not been discussed on SS
i believed that Isshin and Vaizards is the one that role that squad....
before hitsugaya...

Why would isshin cover his white robe at his left shoulder?
he turned down the captain's responsibility like Urahara that we didnt see he wear the shinigami uniform...

at episode 111
when Isshin been exposed and ichigo and the vaizard noticed his presence
why would the Vaizard said, " so , its already been started"
i think he know that Isshin got his shinigami power back.

i have so much speculations that they were the former 10th squad
Old 2007-10-31, 18:16   Link #125
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4got10 View Post
Since the former 10th squad captain and troops on it is not been discussed on SS
before hitsugaya...

he turned down the captain's responsibility like Urahara that we didnt see he wear the shinigami uniform...

at episode 111

hm, but Isshins Conversation with Urahara would make no sense if he is the "vaizard boss"
Old 2007-10-31, 19:47   Link #126
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4got10 View Post
before hitsugaya...

at episode 111

I am pretty positive shingi was sensing Grand fisher not isshin, but I could be wrong.
Old 2007-10-31, 20:00   Link #127
^Sakon

Eh I'll toss another theory in i only know anime stuff but I'll spoiler wrap it just in case.lol (I know i should read the manga, but i don't want to re-live claymore so waitin till the anime concludes or at least gets a bit furthur before i get into the manga)

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2007-10-31, 20:18   Link #128
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Sakon View Post
The ichigo's mom being his sister idea is lent credit if you think of what he said to Isshin, when he called him Kurosaki and Isshin commented that it was the first time he said that, so possibly some resentment towards Isshin over letting her die to the hollow (from Ryuken's POV he could blame it on Isshin) and by sayin the last name (which Isshin prolly took the last name of his wife) when talking to him showed an acceptance of sorts. He doesn't want his son involved in the shinigami prolly due to the genocide, and if his sis was ichigo's mom, also due to Isshin.
I posted this twice because I didn't understand what you meant by this line, but I wanted to show that whole paragraph too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Sakon View Post
so possibly some resentment towards Isshin over letting her die to the hollow (from Ryuken's POV he could blame it on Isshin) and by sayin the last name (which Isshin prolly took the last name of his wife) when talking to him showed an acceptance of sorts.
If ichi's mom is the sister of Ryuken Ishida than wouldn't her last name be Ishida before she was married? So if Isshin took her last name than his last name would have been Ishida.

I don't know if thats what you meant. If you could clarify I would be greatful.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:09   Link #129
mr9sky

Royal Guard

Hi Guys. I m new here. Created an account so that I can join in the discussion cos I am so interest in Isshin like u guys too!

Anyway, amazing theories u guys have! ANd some pretty outrageous ones.

My take is this:

Isshin is a royal guard of the SS King. And the 'other' dimension that old man Yama said where the king resides is none other than Karahura Town. And that is why Aizen needs to absorbs all the souls from Karahura Town . Not bcos he needs ot to find or make the key, but the town IS the key. Aborbing all the souls unlocks the other dimension.

Now, Isshin is the royal guard. That's why he is in Karahura town. He is guarding/ hiding the place from intruders. Keeping the King concealed. He is the last line of defence before Aizen reach the SS King. In fact, I believe there are two guards. Bcos normally they are in pairs rmb? Like one on each side of the entrance of a door / buidling etc. The other guard is none other than Ishida's dad. Urruyu.

If you accept the fact the Isshin in a gigai can engage in child reproduction, why else cant be possible? Urruyu might be in a gigai too. He might be in SS too. That's why Isshin and Urruyu know each other. It looked like they had a history tgt. Heck the Quncy tradition!

Ok, maybe a bit far fetch. BUt I still believe in the 2 royal guards theory. The other guard might be Urahara or Yourichi.. i dunno..

Isshin is extremely strong bcos he is in a different league compared to the SS shinigamis. Regarding the love issue, i guess their mum is just a normal human. And Isshin married her as a cover while he conceals his true identity as a guard undercover. Isshin conceals his own huge reiastu by getting the nonregenerative gegai from Urahara. Both to conceal himself and protect his family. It just happens that Ichigo and Isshin are so emotionally attached to her..

Why all that secrecy? I believe somehow Isshin, Yorichi & Urahara knew of Aizen's plan long before anyone else. Urarhara in an atttempt to create a non detectable gegai for Isshin, was discovered and banished. They were all wary of Aizen (or Aizen's master). And knowing Urahara, as an inventor, he will inevitably have an recovery pill or something for Isshin to get his power back. And this is what happend when Isshin took back his power in anticipation of the upcoming battles.

And lastly..as for Aizen, I believe he is the pawn. The ultimate mastermind is ----- Old Man Yama.

Aizen, in pursue of greater powers beyond his limits, tries to kill the SS king. Does Aizen become king? No. The same way Aizen let loose the betrayals in his ranks to kill themselves, Old man yama watches as Aizen opens the door of opportunity for HIM. HE is the one that wants to kill the king. Thats a abit off topic but it links... LOL
Old 2007-11-05, 23:39   Link #130
ch0c0b0fr34k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
It would be better if kubo could go more in details about all Gigai functions . Too bad he left Gigai and sweet love out -__- . Birds n Bees

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Ichigo got his Vaizard powers due to his close encounter with Hollowfication (back at the Urahara training pit of doom). SO.....technically, if you were desperate for more power you would do the same thing....?
Old 2007-11-05, 23:51   Link #131
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
Ichigo got his Vaizard powers due to his close encounter with Hollowfication (back at the Urahara training pit of doom). SO.....technically, if you were desperate for more power you would do the same thing....?
Once you've already become a shinigami it is impossible to use that method. And if someone attempted to do it that way odds are that they'd either become a hollow or a shinigami. Chances of becoming both are incredibly slim.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-05, 23:55   Link #132
ch0c0b0fr34k

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Once you've already become a shinigami it is impossible to use that method. And if someone attempted to do it that way odds are that they'd either become a hollow or a shinigami. Chances of becoming both are incredibly slim.
Hm.....makes you wonder how the current Vaizard came to be?
Old 2007-11-06, 00:35   Link #133
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

I think every soul has a + and - side to it (ying & yang) Vizards can use both, shinigami use one side. Hollows the other. I wonder if KT will ever let us know how the vizard came to be?
Old 2007-11-06, 00:50   Link #134
Jarkeler

Quote:
I think every soul has a + and - side to it (ying & yang) Vizards can use both, shinigami use one side. Hollows the other. I wonder if KT will ever let us know how the vizard came to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkeler View Post
The backstory of the Vizard as I understand it is that at one point they were normal Shinigami who had reached the limits of their powers, and began exploring the possibilities of using Hollow powers to complement their old ones. When Soul Society found this, they exiled them. If you go back and watch the conversation between Urahara and Isshin after Isshin kills the Grand Fisher, he talks a bit about this.

Any further than that, it's speculation until Kubo lets more light on the subject. Would be an interesting side track for him to do sometime soon though.
Old 2007-11-06, 08:45   Link #135
4got10

Kuro = Isshin first syllable name
Saki = came from Masaki
Old 2007-11-06, 08:50   Link #136
4got10

Kuro = Isshin first syllable name
Saki = came from Masaki
Old 2007-11-06, 09:08   Link #137
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Didn't he already show us? On Ichigo?
Old 2007-11-06, 18:15   Link #138
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Didn't he already show us? On Ichigo?
Well, I meant their particular story or stories. I would like to see the circumstances and plus from what isshin said it sounded like they went looking for their inner hollow, with ichigo it kind of was trying to take over. I don't think it happened the same way to them. Its all speculation any way.
Old 2007-11-10, 03:06   Link #139
aksfjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
I was watching some old episodes this weekend and I came across something. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but when Ichigo was confronting Byakuya on the bridge of the repentance in the SS arc. Ukitake mentioned something interesting about Ichigo looking very similar to someone and Byakuya quickly responded and said something along the lines of he is nobody and has no relations to the man on you're mind, my superior. Could he possibly be talking about Isshin?

The most interesting thing about this is who ever they were referring to must have been incredibly powerful since the look on Ukitake's face was priceless.

I have read this entire thread and I don’t recall hearing this from anyone. I don’t read the manga because I like being surprised in the anime so I’m not sure if this is cannon or not. Maybe a manga reader can confirm this for me. When I get home I will post the Episode # with time frame.
I'm thinking something similar. However, I slightly disagree with the "incredibly powerful" part. I think Kaien's importance to the story is overplayed and there's more to the reactions of these 2 than just "ZOMG! A dead man is alive!"

I think Isshin has a great connection to a noble house and was exiled, by choice. I won't discredit his striking similarities to the Shiba clan, but the unmistakable quote by Byakuya about "my senior," or however you wish to interpret that, leads me to believe that Isshin has some close connection to the Kuchiki clan and/or had a leading position over Byakuya.
Old 2007-11-14, 09:12   Link #140
Palladni

I didn't read the whole thread yet, but i've come to think that maybe Kaien, was his son - when he died from that hollow, Isshin was so pissed, that he wen't to the real world in his gigai (or, like Ichigo, he had already his real body on earth, who knows...). His wife was already dead, but as far as in bleach universum there is reincarnation, he found her once again, married her etc. They had three wonderfull childs, Isshin knew that they might have shinigami powers, but he didn't want them to end like Kaien, so he promised to never ever use his shinigami powers again. Thats why he ignored Hollow presence (i mean teh Grand Fisher~). The rest of the story we do know...

Sorry for my english, but i hope everyone understood

Last edited by Palladni; 2007-11-14 at 12:43.
Closed Thread