AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 05:23   Link #7661
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@Eratas:

Spoiler for Rong's reasons:

The reason he seems so normal is because there is someone keeping him normal.

@zero: that's why she is a representative hopeful. She is in line to replace Natasha because I can only imagine that the government is getting ready to pull the plug on silver gospel because of that incident. Also for the fact that representatives aren't forever young. Fillia is only one of those considered to take up the position should the need ever arise.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 05:26   Link #7662
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Defining a whole new level of Jerkass Anti-hero, finally we have Type-4 or 5 here.

But how would that make him....likable? My logic circuit is fried...
Old 2011-11-14, 05:33   Link #7663
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero and Meister - How exactly does one weaponize plasma? The only plasma weapon I know is from fallout and they seem more like acid guns than supercharged electricity.
I ultimately dropped the weapon because it seemed too exotic.

However, it does seem that chemical weapons that linger on the shield (napalm, acid) can damage it or even bypass the defense (hence those odd clauses in the Alaska Treaty), so instead of a plasmagun, a good old flamethrower works just fine.

Though if you ask me, the author wasn't thinking when he came up with the bloody premise... the end result made IS look a hell lot weaker than otherwise.

I've compensated by having only the White Knight being wtf powerful and hence making everyone panic. Other IS that came after it are so far behind that machine that normal weapons still can harm them if the pilot is being an idiot (ie standing in the middle of nowhere firing at everything or something to that effect.)

Quote:
@ Demino - What kind of terrorism has your OC done?
Alright! I was looking for someone like this.

Though I kind of wasn't following the entire discussion, and probably missed when you joined the thread... Care to update me to what has transpired so far?
Old 2011-11-14, 05:33   Link #7664
Eratas123

@ Demino - So he's a villain protagonist then? Hate to say this, but if you plan for anyone in the harem to fall in love with him, it's gonna end up looking like colossal character derailment/asspull.

All of them have pretty high moral standards and helping kill innocent civilians simply for revenge isn't going to make him any more sympathetic. The fact that he seems none too broken up about it just makes him seem even less relatable. He can't use the indoctrinated excuse since he's obviously working towards a goal and not because he's been brainwashed.

Look at Accelerator from index. He's been literally targeted from childhood by the army and lived every day of his life with people attacking him and a homicidal guardian who does unethical experiments on him. He still has the basis of compassion and guilt that human beings have.

@ Meister - That was before I saw the post Demino's terrorist group is actually a terrorist in the conventional sense. Killing innocent people and bombing sites with no reason whatsoever. His OC wants revenge on the terrorist leader but he's willing to kill innocent people for it.
Old 2011-11-14, 05:38   Link #7665
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I ultimately dropped the weapon because it seemed too exotic.
Though Ichika would have a plasma torch himself in Sacred Twins (SHINING FINGAAAA!)

Quote:
I've compensated by having only the White Knight being wtf powerful and hence making everyone panic. Other IS that came after it are so far behind that machine that normal weapons still can harm them if the pilot is being an idiot (ie standing in the middle of nowhere firing at everything or something to that effect.)
I've feeling some Dejavu....

Oh right this is my argument that is disproved by Eratas and Agetreme. I still use it however.

EDIT: fixed
Old 2011-11-14, 05:47   Link #7666
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@Eratas: He's remorseful, just not angsting every second about it. I'm actually writing the second chapter trying to avoid a moment where he's portrayed as mentally scarred. The reason for this is because someone is actively trying to heal him and I just don't really want to portray Rong as excessivley emo.

Spoiler for likable?:

Fillia is one messed up dame.
Old 2011-11-14, 05:57   Link #7667
Eratas123

@ Demino - Being remorseful about something doesn't make you emo. Irish feels bad about what he's done, doesn't stop him from still being pragmatic and brutal in a fight nore does he angst about killing people. Remorse can be shown through the characters actions, which Rong tried to do when he saved Fillia.

Also, By mentally scarred, I meant actual brain damage. Child terrorists/child soldiers have to go through a lot of rehab to even function in a regular society. Irish for example always keeps a knife on him even in a safe area. Real life child terrorists also attacked opponents corpses and maimed them for no reason at all. Mentally scarred means more than just trauma, it's also means actual damage to the persons psyche.
Old 2011-11-14, 06:08   Link #7668
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@Eratas: I just don't want to portray Rong as extremely mentally broken. Especially since he's the only OC I've written so far who's actively trying to pick up the pieces and not being forced into it by a plucky sidekick or some deus ex machina. As for hitting dead corpses, I'll just say he learned his lesson when he saw some other kids do the same and died for it on their first mission. "The dead don't shoot you, the living do."

Also let me reiterate. Rong was saved. What he is saved from is not limited to external factors.

EDIT: Plus how he seems so normal now gives great contrast to how he'll act if I ever decide to make him snap.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2011-11-14 at 06:21.
Old 2011-11-14, 06:21   Link #7669
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@Eratas: I just don't want to portray Rong as extremely mentally broken. Especially since he's the only OC I've written so far who's actively trying to pick up the pieces and not being forced into it by a plucky sidekick or some deus ex machina. As for hitting dead corpses, I'll just say he learned his lesson when he saw some other kids do the same and died for it on their first mission. "The dead don't shoot you, the living do."

Also let me reiterate. Rong was saved. What he is saved from is not limited to external factors.
It's your choice, I'm not gonna tell you how to write your fic. People might find it odd that he's so stable, but they won't really question it. You have to be careful if you make any of the harem fall for him though, if you don't do it with proper development, people will call bull on it. The IS fandom really doesn't like OC fics, it's a challenge for us to keep them moderately relatable in order for them to appeal to the readers and not make them appear as unlikeable.

Good luck on your fic.
Old 2011-11-14, 06:26   Link #7670
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Kiritsugu is an honorable guy, who does very violent things to achieve his ideals. I wonder if this is close to Rong?
Old 2011-11-14, 06:29   Link #7671
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Haven't found the time to see Fate/Zero yet, so I can't personally compare them.
Old 2011-11-14, 06:31   Link #7672
Eratas123

Quote:
Kiritsugu is an honorable guy, who does very violent things to achieve his ideals. I wonder if this is close to Rong?
Being violent doesn't mean you're a bad guy. Soldiers are violent, we don't call them monsters.

It depends on how the character is. Kitsurugi clearly feels guilt and spent his dying years making sure he raised Shiro right and tried to rescue Illya even as his body was destroying itself.

Also, there's the fact that he doesn't get a happy ending. He ends up failing to rescue Illya, his wife dies, and his son basically starts to follow in his footsteps by the time he's gone. I'd say he gets all of Karma's retribution by the end.
Old 2011-11-14, 06:58   Link #7673
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wha, I'm too late to inform him that USA already have Ellie and [Fang Quake]!
Old 2011-11-14, 07:03   Link #7674
Eratas123

@ Zero - Who's that? It sounds like I should be running in fear for some reason.
Old 2011-11-14, 07:09   Link #7675
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Who's that? It sounds like I should be running in fear for some reason.
None important, just a Cadet Rep mentioned in V6.... I think? I'll check it but I'm sure she's there.
Old 2011-11-14, 07:11   Link #7676
Eratas123

@ Zero - I have Inami's part for the school AU. Do you want me to re-write it or just leave it in Stratos writing style?
Old 2011-11-14, 07:15   Link #7677
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - I have Inami's part for the school AU. Do you want me to re-write it or just leave it in Stratos writing style?
I don't know, haven't read it at all (lack of motivation for such genres, sorry).
Old 2011-11-14, 07:18   Link #7678
Eratas123

Meh, not a big deal. Skyrim has dampened my draft/story writing too (Must get all dragon souls! *Sees dragon* Come back here!)

Side note - So what genre of story do you like?
Old 2011-11-14, 07:23   Link #7679
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Meh, not a big deal. Skyrim has dampened my draft/story writing too (Must get all dragon souls! *Sees dragon* Come back here!)

Side note - So what genre of story do you like?
It's all Heavy Gear I and Front Mission III's fault. Both are old, 1995 and 2000 respectively, so the graphics aren't something you can say prooud of, but the gameplay and plot are damn awesome, and the mech aren't trumping over conventional vehicles like crap, unlike Gundam or Armored Core.

In my case, currently being obsessed creating an original/ fan fiction using Mini Mecha concepts like GEARS from Heavy Gear and Gear Krieg and Wanzers from Front Mission. In other words, a War Fic. I even lose my touch for Sacred Twins except for the battle scenes.
Old 2011-11-14, 07:26   Link #7680
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
It's all Heavy Gear I and Front Mission III's fault. Both are old, 1995 and 2000 respectively, so the graphics aren't something you can say prooud of, but the gameplay and plot are damn awesome, and the mech aren't trumping over conventional vehicles like crap, unlike Gundam or Armored Core.

In my case, currently being obsessed creating an original/ fan fiction using Mini Mecha concepts like GEARS from Heavy Gear and Gear Krieg and Wanzers from Front Mission. In other words, a War Fic. I even lose my touch for Sacred Twins except for the battle scenes.
Then I guess I should stop bothering you with all the crack drafts Thanks for bothering to read them

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest