AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 11:03   Link #21
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Natalie Portman, imo. That or Emma Watson if she's grown her hair back, April was a bit of a bushy brunet wasn't she?
no, no... you have to think from Bay's perspective. If the transformers films are any indication, Bay likes to pick models first and actresses second. Emma watson does not have a high enough level of sex appeal for Bay. Natalie Portman might better suit his tastes; but i think she's a decent enough actress to have better things to perform in than a bay film...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I can see Gargoyles. Seriously, I can imagine it. But they would be fighting Robots created by Xanatos, so there would be explosions.
Well, don't forget, Gargoyles is owned by Disney so I doubt they would ever allow Bay to handle something that they thought might invite a child audience
Old 2012-03-23, 12:19   Link #22
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

One has to wonder if the turtles themselves would actually be the main characters in this. If the Transformers movies are an indication, the turtles could easily become a "background element" to a bunch of humans characters nobody cares about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
How much you wanna bet that the whole "alien" origin will be used as an excuse to get the military involved?
Pretty much what I was thinking.
Old 2012-03-23, 14:03   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wonder if Bay will get Stalone to cast Casey Jones...if he makes an appearance :P After T3, which I absolutely hated (20 minutes of getting-a-job filler and another load of gf trash), I highly doubt I'll be watching this one. There's SO MUCH original material to use, and Bay goes out of his way to discard it, for the sake of...something "better".
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 14:48   Link #24
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
One has to wonder if the turtles themselves would actually be the main characters in this. If the Transformers movies are an indication, the turtles could easily become a "background element" to a bunch of humans characters nobody cares about.
Omph... we may have to suffer through a very poorly written Casey Jones and April relationship for about half the film along with a bunch of unnecessary new characters before the turtles show up.

I wonder, will Bay have Apirl just loose any conservative pieces of her clothes throughout the film, or will he take the idea of a yellow jumpsuit and use that as an excuse to put her into a skin tight jumpsuit with very obvious cleavage. Y'know, for kids
Old 2012-03-23, 14:51   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Shouldn't this thread be rename as Teenage Alien Ninja Turtle
Old 2012-03-23, 14:52   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos-_^ View Post
shouldn't this thread be rename as teenage alien ninja turtle
............no!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 14:54   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
How about Freakazoid! or Road Rovers?

If they hurry, Ed Asner is still around to do the cop role he voiced and was animated as in F!

Gumby and Pokey, with Megan Fox as, o never mind I'm gonna watch some anime
He-Man
She-Ra

plenty of T&A
Old 2012-03-23, 18:24   Link #28
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
He-Man
She-Ra

plenty of T&A
But they were originally PG versions of Conan the Barbarian! If you make live action versions of them you just get Conan back again.
Old 2012-03-23, 19:02   Link #29
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They already did a He-Man: Masters of the Universe movie..in the late 80s I think.
Old 2012-03-23, 19:33   Link #30
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Dare I say... SWAT Katz?
YES PLEASE!!! With Epic guitar rifting and The Turbo-Cat please!!

Back on topic:
Do you guys think Micheal Bay has the capability to butcher TMNT? Or do you think it wont be that bad because I myself thought Transformers were ok interms of mindless CG destruction show.
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 19:33   Link #31
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I really hope they don't become background characters, and I hope that the military doesn't become involved. They tend to take over any film they get involved in (because of the clauses the military has with Hollywood).

But thinking about it now... the "turtles" crash on Earth, the Foot come along in their giant ninja-technospaceship, and the military goes all independence day on them and gets all the screen time because... explosions, and the turtles and Shredder (Kraang, I guess since he's an alien brain thing) gets 5 minutes to battle it out with some ninja-fighting, then its back to the grand finale with the military blowing up the Foot's Technospaceship. The day is saved, and Casey (who's ex-military or whatever) ends up hooking up with April, and the Turltes are standing behind them as the screen goes black.

Do not want.

If the CGI isn't as crazy as it was in Transformers, which is pretty expensive, it could have the potential to be a passable movie. But I'm not really all that hopeful in the story department. It really depends how they go with it and who's involved.
Old 2012-03-23, 19:35   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think at this point the gist of the thread is "what is the most idiotic thing Bay could take up next and ruin?"

Dora the Explorer... Michael Bay style?

Sponge Bob .... Bay-ified?

And yeah, there was a live-action He-Man in the 80s.... in typical low-budget fashion of the time they spent about 10 minutes on home turf before ending up in 1980s surburbia to fight it out. That's my recollection anyway :P
Old 2012-03-23, 19:37   Link #33
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Actually I think a Michael Bay-ified Power Puff Girls could be bloody hilarious. Probably horrifying beyond comprehension, but hilarious.
Old 2012-03-23, 19:43   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Actually I think a Michael Bay-ified Power Puff Girls could be bloody hilarious. Probably horrifying beyond comprehension, but hilarious.
Ooooooh, now that's *evil*
Old 2012-03-23, 19:47   Link #35
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't that just be Panty & Stockings?
Old 2012-03-23, 19:53   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wouldn't that just be Panty & Stockings?
Aye.. but live-action
Old 2012-03-23, 19:55   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I think at this point the gist of the thread is "what is the most idiotic thing Bay could take up next and ruin?"

Dora the Explorer... Michael Bay style?

Sponge Bob .... Bay-ified?

And yeah, there was a live-action He-Man in the 80s.... in typical low-budget fashion of the time they spent about 10 minutes on home turf before ending up in 1980s surburbia to fight it out. That's my recollection anyway :P
Johnny Quest, Bannon and Haji will get a sex change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They already did a He-Man: Masters of the Universe movie..in the late 80s I think.
like that would stop Hollywood and there is no She-Ra yet unless you count Red Sonia.
Old 2012-03-23, 21:07   Link #38
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Huh.

It turns out that Michael Bay will simply be the Producer and the directing is to be done by Jonathan Liebesman (Clash of the Titans)

“Look, it’s so funny—if everyone was such a die-hard fan, they would know that the TCRI canisters where the ooze comes from. That is alien ooze. Now I’m not saying what Michael said is exactly what the movie is, because we’re sitting in a room now figuring everything out. So we don’t know, but we are like Michael said: we’re expanding it, and the expansion will be true to the mythology. I promise you: fans will love it.”

So maybe it won't be as bad as we thought it'd be....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 21:40   Link #39
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So the 3 movie they made wont be the worse movies of the franchise
Old 2012-03-23, 22:17   Link #40
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Everyone would had a different answer to that, we did not have watched or read the same stuff.
Good thing than he isn't much likely to get near any ''BD'' from France or Belgium .