AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 29 33.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 33.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-05, 10:03   Link #81
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
No wait, don't let anime fool you. Incest is incest in every culture Karen couldn't move, so it is only natural another person would have had to attend to her.
Not exactly, though I agree for how incest is socially (at least) persecuted IRL Japan, but it as well as other deviations are not viewed as such by everyone, everywhere and throughout the ages.

As for Koyomi being too close to Karen, dunno she is ill, he cares about her, and whether this develops into something else should have nothing to do with wiping her sweat in this episode, that's the natural thing to do... it would be rather weird to feel embarrassed doing so, the least that would imply is that he is so horny and bereft to be aroused by his sick sister.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 10:10   Link #82
neshru

"I feel terrible, I need to take a bath."
"Not happening. It's fanservice time."
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 10:18   Link #83
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I just realized that Araragi saying what he did in the end reminded me of Hitagi in episode 12. lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 10:22   Link #84
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Woot, another Hitagi-less episode.

From beginning to end, this episode continued to pique my interest. It's amazing how easily this series is going to take my top spot for anime this season. Definitely a couple steps up from Bakemono.

The dialogue was witty and funny--and while the fan-service continues to take up a large part of each episode, it never feels like it detracts from the series quality. Which is way more than I can say about a lot of other series.

...Quite a few memorable moments, but the Hanekawa free grope pass was quite funny, too bad the consequences of using it make for a hard decision.

I guess Karen and Araragi win this episode, though.

9/10

Last edited by Demi.; 2012-02-05 at 10:37.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 10:34   Link #85
Candyshark

I understand some people are put out by wipng scene (so was I). But after thinking about it wouldn't you rub a medicine on mother's back or your cousin/sis if she asked you to without getting a boner?

I bet Araragi siblings have those kind of relationships where they would whack each other without holding back running around half naked without being embarassed. So I think they allow each other more liberty. I wouldn't be surprised Tsukihi grabbing Koyomi's crotch more than Karen kicking him.

My first thought about Kaiki room was Matrix's Architecter.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 11:51   Link #86
syke123

Senjougahara probably won't have much screentime later on either, sigh.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 11:51   Link #87
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I understand some people are put out by wipng scene (so was I). But after thinking about it wouldn't you rub a medicine on mother's back or your cousin/sis if she asked you to without getting a boner?
About that, it seems there is a Westermark effect, so you don't have sexual attraction for people whom you lived with in the first years of your life (this also explains why childhood friend loses ).
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 12:35   Link #88
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

You know, even though it's been proven otherwise I want to believe that the reason Karen and Tsukihi became allies of justice is because they wanted to get Araragi's attention. Ever since he became distant with his family his sisters deliberately got into trouble so that he would rescue them.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 13:02   Link #89
sa547
*Author

As I watched the verbal sparring between Karen and Kaiki, one thing struck me by the end of the argument: Karen almost wound up like Sayaka -- there's a price paid in being self-righteous, as Kaiki threw in a few words that shook Karen's beliefs to the core.
Old 2012-02-05, 13:06   Link #90
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You know, even though it's been proven otherwise I want to believe that the reason Karen and Tsukihi became allies of justice is because they wanted to get Araragi's attention. Ever since he became distant with his family his sisters deliberately got into trouble so that he would rescue them.
That's going too far Karen and Tsukihi practically started their activity in elementary school, although they weren't yet Fire Sisters. Do you remember the first chapter of Nise?
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 14:05   Link #91
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I don't see any bee or anything that could administer the poison into Karen now this can be interesting.
And I don't see why kissing matters much, it's just like giving CPR to a drowning person except she is totally conscious during the process. You know, or else she dies. Do people really want that? But let’s see what Gahara-san has to say about the matter when she found out. He promised her never lie to right?
I didn't read the novel so I don't know about the details, but seriously, legendary toothbrush scene can be any worse than this?
Spoiler:
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 15:39   Link #92
solomon

Hoollllyyyy mother fucking of all hell, Kaiki is a cooll ass motha........(evilness aside)

And this is easily my favorite role I've heard Shinichiro Miki in (aside from the Colonel, no EVEN MORE THAN).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:28   Link #93
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Hoollllyyyy mother fucking of all hell, Kaiki is a cooll ass motha........(evilness aside)
He's probably my favorite villain for this year. I like what motivates him to do such things. The only thing he want is money, that's it. If he could earn just as much by planting flowers, I bet he'd do it.

The conversation between Koyomi and Tsukihi was rather intriguing in this episode. I'm also finally getting used to Hanekawa's new hairstyle. lol. That was a wonderful and tempting ticket, but it's not really worth it if the person in question will hate the user for eternity. XD

As for the last scene, Karen will most likely resist, but she'll probably settle down and allow it after hearing the reason behind such action. Then again, it's just a speculation. C:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:33   Link #94
HandofFate

I like the fried egg hairpins and tags on the fire sister's hair and clothes.
Old 2012-02-05, 16:36   Link #95
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
As for the last scene, Karen will most likely resist, but she'll probably settle down and allow it after hearing the reason behind such action. Then again, it's just a speculation. C:
But Koyomi probably won't explain the reason, because Hachikuji told him that he shouldn't get his family involved in the supernatural.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:56   Link #96
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I like the fried egg hairpins and tags on the fire sister's hair and clothes.
I did not realize until now that those things were supposed to be eggs. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
But Koyomi probably won't explain the reason, because Hachikuji told him that he shouldn't get his family involved in the supernatural.
Really? I can't remember. However, how else can Koyomi convince his sister to allow such... wonderful act of love? I can't think of any lie that can work on that girl for the current situation. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 20:24   Link #97
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

I'm awfully late to the party. Loved this episode.

I like watching a villain who is confident, but not acting in an overtly flashy way. There's a certain aura of coolness and maturity around Kaiki, in contrast with Karen's, oh so cliched and cute naďveté. "Ooh what's that? You came all they way up here to punch me?" -Kaiki I also love listening to Shinichiro Miki. Oh my god. We really need to get him, Sakurai Takahiro (Meme) and Kamiya Hiroshi in the same room together. I would probably die of the ensuing eargasm, though.

Hopefully Shaft wont hold back if Araragi decides to carry out his plan of transferring Karen's disease. Same with any other possible future siscon developments.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 23:52   Link #98
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
I did not realize until now that those things were supposed to be eggs. XD

Really? I can't remember. However, how else can Koyomi convince his sister to allow such... wonderful act of love? I can't think of any lie that can work on that girl for the current situation. XD
Convince? Allow? I think you're confused, he is forcefully kissing her.

Also, don't worry about the fried egg hairpins, we get that A LOT for some reason.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 03:45   Link #99
Qilin
Romanticist

Kaiki is every bit as magnificent as I imagined him to be, not to mention remorseless and ruthlessly pragmatic. Karen never stood a chance.

There's my favorite character right there.

On the other hand, I would like to see how Koyomi ends up fixing the problem. I do hope he has more in his mind aside from acting out the martyr and taking the hit for Karen (I'm pretty sure he'll at least try though). But truly, I do wish that Tsukihi and Karen would get another chance to prove their worth, or rather, the worth of their ideals. Otherwise, they will forever remain, as Koyomi puts it, "impostors."
Old 2012-02-06, 04:09   Link #100
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm not sure I can actually believe that a middle school girl would let her brother wipe her down like that. That's saying ALOT for how good of a relationship they have, but realistically (LOL ANIME) I'm not sure that scene would have gotten past him telling her to take a bath.

Ah well.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote