AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-01-23, 10:59   Link #101
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
The way the first boss was handled seems a bit more dramatic too.
Seems a bit worse overall, in my opinion. Kibou or whatever his name is seems to be all buddy buddy with Diabel, rather than leery of him. They're also setting up Diabel to be some sort of ninja looter rather than an opportunist, and Kirito's going to end up taking the fall for him. Basically, needless drama added for no reason.

Also, the way they make it sound like Diabel did this many times would imply they fought many bosses, but didn't Kirito say he got further than anyone and only made it to the 8th floor or something?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 14:36   Link #102
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Kibou or whatever his name is seems to be all buddy buddy with Diabel, rather than leery of him.
Well, in the Novel, the two did seem to be friends, and in fact, Diabel tried having Kibaou buy Kirito's Anneal Blade off of him, through Argo, so that Kirito wouldn't have a strong enough weapon to take on the boss. This of course, was cut out of the Anime, and it seems it was also cut out of the Manga.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 02:56   Link #103
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Well, in the Novel, the two did seem to be friends, and in fact, Diabel tried having Kibaou buy Kirito's Anneal Blade off of him, through Argo, so that Kirito wouldn't have a strong enough weapon to take on the boss. This of course, was cut out of the Anime, and it seems it was also cut out of the Manga.
in anime, that can be described as cut out, but in manga, judging from content of untranslated progressive manga chapter 6.5 and some other details, I seriously suspect if it is the manga's illustrator intended to alter the story...
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 15:20   Link #104
MegaToxic

First want to start off saying I am new here. Second I just finished the first season of SAO and loved..along with Bleach and Naruto and FMA Brotherhood. However I am a little confused with the manga..mainly because if Fairy Dance is the Alfheim part..which I believe ended the first season...why is that chapter not released in Manga? Also how can there be three others of the SAO series when some are not finished? I have never seen this before so it is confusing..I really have only been reading Bleach and Naruto. And in what order are they read? Want to read the manga from where the first season ended but now I am confused on where to start.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-02-01 at 21:13. Reason: removed link
MegaToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 16:29   Link #105
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaToxic View Post
First want to start off saying I am new here. Second I just finished the first season of SAO and loved..along with Bleach and Naruto and FMA Brotherhood. However I am a little confused with the manga..mainly because if Fairy Dance is the Alfheim part..which I believe ended the first season...why is that chapter not released in Manga? Also how can there be three others of the SAO series when some are not finished? I have never seen this before so it is confusing..I really have only been reading Bleach and Naruto. And in what order are they read? [snip] Want to read the manga from where the first season ended but now I am confused on where to start.
Well, first of all, you should not post links to manga scanlation sites. This particular site does not allow it.

Second, Sword Art Online isn't a manga series, it's a novel series. There are manga, but they're either adaptions of the novels, or original side stories.

Third, of the series listed on the site you're reading manga on, the ones it lists as "Sword Art Online", and "Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance" are manga adaptations of the first and second arc of the series. They are not very good adaptions from what I've heard. "Sword Art Online - Girls Ops" is a spin off series focusing on Silica, Leafa, and Lizbeth. It's sent at some unknown point after the end of the anime. "Sword Art Online: Progressive" is an adaption of the Sword Art Online: Progressive novel series. Progressive is the author going back to fill in the time he originally skipped over. For example, the second episode of the anime was based on the first story in the SAO: Progressive series.

Fourth, there currently is no manga adaption past the point at which the anime ended.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 17:49   Link #106
MegaToxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Well, first of all, you should not post links to manga scanlation sites. This particular site does not allow it.

Second, Sword Art Online isn't a manga series, it's a novel series. There are manga, but they're either adaptions of the novels, or original side stories.

Third, of the series listed on the site you're reading manga on, the ones it lists as "Sword Art Online", and "Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance" are manga adaptations of the first and second arc of the series. They are not very good adaptions from what I've heard. "Sword Art Online - Girls Ops" is a spin off series focusing on Silica, Leafa, and Lizbeth. It's sent at some unknown point after the end of the anime. "Sword Art Online: Progressive" is an adaption of the Sword Art Online: Progressive novel series. Progressive is the author going back to fill in the time he originally skipped over. For example, the second episode of the anime was based on the first story in the SAO: Progressive series.

Fourth, there currently is no manga adaption past the point at which the anime ended.
Very sorry for posting the link.

So the Manga really are not was supposed to be read here but the novels instead? Are the novels in English or released in the US, can they be read online somehow? Or maybe I should just wait for the Second Season of SAO?

Thanks for the reply and again sorry about the link post.

Edit: Sorry wanted to ask..exactly how many Volumes of the novels are finished or are in English. Thanks.

Last edited by MegaToxic; 2014-02-01 at 18:07. Reason: Add details
MegaToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 21:31   Link #107
LKK

Quote:
So the Manga really are not was supposed to be read here but the novels instead? Are the novels in English or released in the US, can they be read online somehow?
We don't read the manga or the novels here at AS nor do we share links to them. However, we discuss them. We like discussing them here.

At the moment, the SAO manga and novels aren't released in the US, but they will be later this year. The manga is scheduled to debut in March while the novel is scheduled for an April debut.

Quote:
Or maybe I should just wait for the Second Season of SAO?
That's another option.

Quote:
Edit: Sorry wanted to ask..exactly how many Volumes of the novels are finished or are in English. Thanks.
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 23:35   Link #108
Krono

Quote:
So the Manga really are not was supposed to be read here but the novels instead? Are the novels in English or released in the US, can they be read online somehow? Or maybe I should just wait for the Second Season of SAO?
Yes the series was supposed to be read as a novel, not as a manga. Most of the novels have been fan translated into English, and it has been licensed for release in the US. However it has not started to be released in the US yet, and because it's been licensed, the fan translations are more difficult to find, and we can't link to them from here either.

Quote:
There are currently 13 volumes of Sword Art Online, and 2 volumes of Sword Art Online: Progressive out in Japan, as well as various short stories. Fans have translated into English the 13 volumes of SAO, half a volume of SAO: Progressive, and most of the short stories. The first volume of the official English release for Sword Art Online will be out in late April of this year.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 22:49   Link #109
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
in anime, that can be described as cut out, but in manga, judging from content of untranslated progressive manga chapter 6.5 and some other details, I seriously suspect if it is the manga's illustrator intended to alter the story...
It pretty much makes Diablo a saint or something, like how he was planning to be a scapegoat in the beginning like how Kirito eventually ended up being, cause he died.
Drastic change....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 11:01   Link #110
c933103
FTNR

GGO manga announced
Old 2014-02-14, 01:35   Link #111
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
GGO manga announced
Figure I'll post the preview from the Magazine, which announced it.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-14, 02:06   Link #112
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Who's the artist?
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 02:24   Link #113
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Who's the artist?
As stated on the preview, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=77343
Old 2014-02-15, 02:57   Link #114
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Figure I'll post the preview from the Magazine, which announced it.

Spoiler:
That Kirito looks even more girly than any other renditions of GGO Kirito I have seen yet.
Old 2014-02-15, 12:27   Link #115
Meltyred

Is... that also mentioning a bonus chapter where Kirito fights Silver Crow?
Old 2014-02-15, 16:58   Link #116
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Is... that also mentioning a bonus chapter where Kirito fights Silver Crow?
I'm guessing they're just adapting it as a special for the manga. Its a fairly short story.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 17:20   Link #117
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Actually, it seems to be announcing the Accel World Manga's Vol 5 release which includes the Versus story.
Old 2014-02-16, 02:41   Link #118
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Yes! It's the artist of The Sacred Blacksmith manga.
Old 2014-02-16, 03:12   Link #119
c933103
FTNR

Actually the Versus crossover manga had already been released via magazine serialization, just that it's going to be published into a volume in later this month.
Old 2014-02-16, 07:02   Link #120
Meltyred

Cool, that would be really nice to read in manga form.