AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-09-24, 15:54   Link #341
Cinocard

It's broken. Jimbei is too sane to join the strawhat. I can see how Robin got along with the crew, but Jimbei? What would Jimbei position be? Fisher?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 03:23   Link #342
zaner

Again the problem with Jembi is that he is too powerful, he is an established name known to the 'World' Where every other straw hat was either unknown or Famous only in there area (With Robin as an exception)
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 16:26   Link #343
Kitaeryu

But then again...does Jimbei have his own pirate crew? So doesn't that mean that if he joins Luffy's crew then he'd be abandoning his own rite?
Kitaeryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 19:21   Link #344
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont think Jimbei had a crew, I think he was scoutted for his many times destroying others crews or pirates who come close too Fishmen land.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 19:55   Link #345
Immolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont think Jimbei had a crew, I think he was scoutted for his many times destroying others crews or pirates who come close too Fishmen land.
The very first time Jimbei was mentioned way back in the Arlong arc Arlong was stated to have been a part of Jimbei's crew. Jimbei was the second leader(the first being Fisher Tiger) of the Sun Pirates aka Fishman Pirates. He disbanded the Sun Pirates after becoming a Shichibukai.
Immolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 02:03   Link #346
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner View Post
Again the problem with Jembi is that he is too powerful, he is an established name known to the 'World' Where every other straw hat was either unknown or Famous only in there area (With Robin as an exception)
Luffy is famous everywhere...
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 04:21   Link #347
tetsuo69

jimbei and boa would be great ^^
Old 2009-09-27, 05:38   Link #348
heebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Luffy is famous everywhere...
Did you notice how zaner was talking in the past tense? Luffy wasn't famous when he started his career. "Was" is the key word.
Old 2009-09-27, 06:03   Link #349
zaner

Its a matter of Story more then anything else. Every single straw Hat was a Unknown to the world, short of Robin and even she wasn't a house hold name more then a wanted poster. But every single straw hat is now known or will be soon (Brooke has not been with them long enough to of had a name, when you look at Ace, and Jembi, One is the 2nd division commander of WB Crew and Jembi is a Fishmen Shbkani (I know I spelled it wrong) both are know through out the world. And thank you Heebo.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:29   Link #350
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I think the next crew member will be Marguerite and I have a little theory why im saying Marguerite will be the one too join not Hancock.

Well I dont think Boa Hancock will join Luffy and his crew because she is the empress of an Island and the only way too protect her Island is by being a Shichibukai and if she were too join Luffy, her Island would be open for attack by the Marines and anything else that holds a grudge, so thats why I think that Boa Hancock will assign(ask) Marguerite too join Luffy and watch over him and prevent any other girl from getting close too him.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:15   Link #351
zaner

That seems reasionable imo, can also teach him about haki, but what would her Job be as a straw hat in luffys eyes i mean
Old 2009-10-02, 17:17   Link #352
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I don't think any of Kuja will join sicne the only one with cool ability and personality is Hancock and the rest is more generic. Hancock can't leave her country and her interaction with other SH will be funny but not good enough for the long shot.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-10-02, 17:57   Link #353
Battler-kun

I don't think anyone will join the SH crew any time soon.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 22:26   Link #354
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I just really want either Hancock or Marguerite too join.

1. Hancock´s love for luffy is an unlimited funny gag and well she is an hot One Piece character.

2. Marguerite´s did show a slight interest in Luffy, unclear if that might turn too love or just love for his golden package lol.
Old 2009-10-04, 12:57   Link #355
windfalcon
Crossover Connoisseur

I am of the belief that a fishman/mermaid will likely join the crew next, with a crew this full of Devil Fruit users, their position outside of battle would be...

Get ready...

Life Guard.

Now before you pull out the pitchforks and torches, hear me out. In all honesty, how often does Luffy fall in? And due to their rather quick natures, Brooke and Chopper have a tendency to try and save him. Robin knows better, of course, but there will be times when the Non-Fruit users will be unavailable, or may not reach them in time.

Ergo, a Mer-person will join. Probably not Haachi, since his dream isn't big enough, but the mergirl they left behind, Haachi's friend Caimie, may be a likely candidate.

If I read it correctly, she at least follows the two-syllable naming scheme, she already knows the Hats, and she tends to have a rather sad past of constantly being a victim >.>

Anyway, that's the only role I think the Hats really need at the moment, so anything else they pick up would just be there because Luffy felt like it.
windfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 16:01   Link #356
Immolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfalcon View Post
I am of the belief that a fishman/mermaid will likely join the crew next, with a crew this full of Devil Fruit users, their position outside of battle would be...

Get ready...

Life Guard.

Now before you pull out the pitchforks and torches, hear me out. In all honesty, how often does Luffy fall in? And due to their rather quick natures, Brooke and Chopper have a tendency to try and save him. Robin knows better, of course, but there will be times when the Non-Fruit users will be unavailable, or may not reach them in time.

Ergo, a Mer-person will join. Probably not Haachi, since his dream isn't big enough, but the mergirl they left behind, Haachi's friend Caimie, may be a likely candidate.

If I read it correctly, she at least follows the two-syllable naming scheme, she already knows the Hats, and she tends to have a rather sad past of constantly being a victim >.>

Anyway, that's the only role I think the Hats really need at the moment, so anything else they pick up would just be there because Luffy felt like it.
Caimie is unlikely to join for at least one very good reason. She has no fighting ability at all. Every crew member has at least the ability to beat up mooks. Caimie can't even fight mooks. Nor has any merperson combat style been mentioned. While I'm not sure there is any reason for a fishperson to join at least fishpeople(Mermaids are not female fishman we have seen a fishwoman back in a cover arc in Alabaster) have fishman karate.
Immolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 20:18   Link #357
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Bon Clay will join next.

I can't sleep and it just pops into my head
deltaxxmintpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 15:42   Link #358
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I think it would be Margerite

I also think that after the Whitebeard Vs Marines and Shichibukai Battle Royal, Luffy will go back to Amazon Lily to rest up before leaving for the Sabaondy Archipelago. During this time, Margerite will reveal that she wants to travel the world and see what all sorts of "men" are like. Luffy then offers her a place in the Strawhat's crew.

I believe that Margerite would fill out the position of Explorer. As she was raised in the harsh climat and environment of Amazon Lily, she is probably highly skilled in survival skills. This would be highly usefull for the Strawhats as the next islands are going to be much more dificult.

Margerite will probably fight with her snake, turning it into all sorts of different weapons. From a hammer to hit the enemy with, a bow to shoot them from afar to focusing Haki onto it and making into a blade.
(P.S. - Do you think that makes sence, using Haki to turn the tail of a snake weapon into a bladed form?)
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 21:33   Link #359
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfalcon View Post

Get ready...

Life Guard.

Caimie, a strawhat? Never, not even if Oda was drunk on a day in work.
But a merman would be a perfect add to the crew, introducing new fishmen karate moves and someone nonhuman(technically, Chopper is half human and Brooke was originally human).
On a side note, even through it might not be likely, I would like how Oda would fit Hancock in the crew with his ingenious ideas, then again it wouldn't work but if it does... I will yet again, be left in awe and astonishment. ಥ_ಥ
Old 2009-10-15, 11:47   Link #360
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Here are my own share of thoughts:

Hancock will not join SH, she has a country to go back and protect. Besides, she seems too strong to fit into SH crew. Don't get me wrong, Hancock is my second fav character after Nico Robin but I seriously can't picture her with the strawhats.

Jimbei can't be the next either, sure he is powerful but his character developement is lacking a lot. We are not sure about his past etc plus the humorous side which is vital for the SH crew.

Can't be too sure about the horo horo girl (Perona) either. At this point we only know a little about her past, if Oda is gonna put her into SH crew then he will have to develope her much further. (I have to say this - She and Zoro make a very cute couple )

Camie? no lol

Hachie? Nope don't think so, although I rather have him join instead of Jimbei.

I sincerely hope not Marguiret, can't really say why apart from the fact that I don't find her personality that appealing. She hasn't played that much role up to this point either. so again she needs more character developement.

My bet on Bonclay- he's funny, selfless and a true nakama.