AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-08-28, 13:48   Link #1961
Ashaman

Two little projects I'm working on.

Spoiler for Fic snippits:

I might need ideas for both of them, thouugh certain things idea already decided.
Old 2011-08-28, 19:12   Link #1962
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Two little projects I'm working on.

Spoiler for Fic snippits:

I might need ideas for both of them, thouugh certain things idea already decided.
Both ideas are pure gold. There's been quite a few TAMNI/Pokemon images floating around, so it's about time somebody made a crossover fic.
Old 2011-08-28, 21:07   Link #1963
TkMacintosh

It...has begun.

Ch 2 is now being posted on TFF...for only those who have accounts there...like Ashaman...so expect it to be up on FF.net in a few days :3
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 22:30   Link #1964
mark1246

OKay To railgun fan; i found a link for the chinese raw for all manga in the world! Yeah be glad and all that, so here the railgun raw for 43 to spoiler yourself

http://www.dm5.com/manhua-moukexuedechaodiancipao/

P.S. Deja vu’ , If you all read Fanfiction, there this one that “Flere821” did Called Minds, Memories, and Misfortune

If you read it, you see the misaki in Daihaisensai, and i was like HOLY CRAP HE FORSHADOW THIS EVENT! What are your thought he ester or physic or just plain lucky
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 19:23   Link #1965
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Or he read the novels in advance.
Old 2011-08-30, 05:50   Link #1966
Hyakimaru

Well, I finally finished the latest chapter of my Index/Haruhi crossover

Suzumiya Haruhi no Index Chapter 19

Hope you guys like it
Hyakimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 06:51   Link #1967
Ashaman

Honsetly, I think you botched Sasaki's introduction.

It just came off as really forced and out of place.

The twist at the end was good though.
Old 2011-08-30, 09:01   Link #1968
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Honsetly, I think you botched Sasaki's introduction.

It just came off as really forced and out of place.

The twist at the end was good though.
I know, but it was kind of like that in the original novels too (except that was a flashback) and I was trying to evoke them so I figured out it'd be ok.
Old 2011-08-30, 11:01   Link #1969
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
I know, but it was kind of like that in the original novels too (except that was a flashback) and I was trying to evoke them so I figured out it'd be ok.
I'm going to have to disagree. In the novels, though Sasaki's initial introduction was sudden (and foreshadowed in a "you really ran into an interesting person yesterday - flashback" way) the two (Kyon and Sasaki) quickly clicked into a natural conversation. Only after they reconnected do they meet back up with the SOS Brigade. So while shocking at first, it rapidly becomes much more natural.

In your fic it comes off as much more initally shocking, which can be forgiven, but it also comes off as awkward as Sasaki, after just introducing herself, just sort of ignores the others in order to chat with Kyon.

And the really close friend bit too. In the novels there is the whole reconnecting thing, justifying her saying that, but here there is none of that. It just comes up out of the blue, and makes her come off as really rather aggressive.

"I'm a really close friend, but we haven't seen or spoken to each other in over a year" Are you really that close?

"Although before today we haven't spoken to each other in a year, you haven't changed a bit. You really are a close friend of mine."

THat's the difference.
Old 2011-08-30, 12:38   Link #1970
Hyakimaru

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree. In the novels, though Sasaki's initial introduction was sudden (and foreshadowed in a "you really ran into an interesting person yesterday - flashback" way) the two (Kyon and Sasaki) quickly clicked into a natural conversation. Only after they reconnected do they meet back up with the SOS Brigade. So while shocking at first, it rapidly becomes much more natural.

In your fic it comes off as much more initally shocking, which can be forgiven, but it also comes off as awkward as Sasaki, after just introducing herself, just sort of ignores the others in order to chat with Kyon.

And the really close friend bit too. In the novels there is the whole reconnecting thing, justifying her saying that, but here there is none of that. It just comes up out of the blue, and makes her come off as really rather aggressive.

"I'm a really close friend, but we haven't seen or spoken to each other in over a year" Are you really that close?

"Although before today we haven't spoken to each other in a year, you haven't changed a bit. You really are a close friend of mine."

THat's the difference.
The foreshadowing was because it was a flashback, reading the scene alone would give the feeling that she came out of nowhere, which is kind of what I was going for here; I wanted her to surprise everyone which why I had her appearing first and then explaining what she was doing when she left.

About her kind of ignoring the rest, well part of her motivation to do that was that since she was late going back home, she only wanted to say a quick hello to Kyon and tell him about the reunion (But taking a lot of time anyway since she likes to talk), so I felt it'd be more natural for her to introduce herself quickly and move on... But I guess you're right and I could have handle it better, perhaps I should've extended the conversation a little bit to try and make it more natural.
Old 2011-08-31, 18:38   Link #1971
TkMacintosh

....Ok...I think I've hit kind of a fanfic idea jackpot.....Not sure

But I've decided to combine several of my previous ideas into one and call it...

"Touma's weirdest week"

It'll involve my maid idea from earlier...

Aogami attacking him with his level 5 powers (posted earlier) because Touma pissed him off...

Fukiyose going Iron Wall Girl on him...

Touma seeing just about every girl he knows naked despite the fact that everyone else can see them normally....due to some ritual done by Aogami while trying to get a harem...

Touma inheriting 4.3 BILLION Yen from an old lady that he always helped and talked to when ever she was around...because the old lady didn't want her greedy ass son to get the money and figured that the poor boy could use a little bit of extra money...This causes a LARGE uproar...people wanting to be Touma's friend just so they can TRY and weasle some money from him...various women trying to seduce him for his money...the son sending hitman after hitman to try and take Touma out (oh the fun we'll have here) for taking (in his world) HIS inheritence...

Yeah not as crack filled as I thought it was...maybe I'm wrong the crack level?

What do you guys/girls think?
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:18   Link #1972
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Spoiler for future chapter of Super SS:
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:46   Link #1973
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Spoiler for future chapter of Super SS:
I tried to make the toaru characters cosplay before- what I felt was that it's easier to get other people to cosplay them then to get them to cosplay others.

I suppose you can go with the official cosplays- like Index and Mikoto in french maid outfits, or them cosplaying the cast of OreImo... Or whatever VA connections you can come up with.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 21:00   Link #1974
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Accelerator and Misaka Worst as these two fabulous (abridged) internet personalities:

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 21:31   Link #1975
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

I don't get it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 21:34   Link #1976
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Accelerator and Misaka Worst as these two fabulous (abridged) internet personalities:

Unless I'm missing something from the picture... I don't get it either.
Old 2011-08-31, 21:37   Link #1977
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Spoiler for ":
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 00:00   Link #1978
Xenertor
The holder of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum023 View Post
Unless I'm missing something from the picture... I don't get it either.
I would guess watching Yu Gi Oh: the abridged series would help you understand.
Xenertor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 16:17   Link #1979
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Spoiler for ":
He doesn't really need to willingly accept it. Just have someone blackmail him or force him to do it - either Last Order by using her network authority or Misaka Worst with her trolling.

You can have everyone cosplay each other, or maybe as Pokemon? If Oriana is included she can be Mami from Madoka. Mikoto could be Sayaka, I guess. :/

Oh, Accelerator's and Last Order's character songs came out so you can also mention them for the lulz.
Old 2011-09-01, 17:54   Link #1980
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
....Ok...I think I've hit kind of a fanfic idea jackpot.....Not sure

But I've decided to combine several of my previous ideas into one and call it...

"Touma's weirdest week"

It'll involve my maid idea from earlier...

Aogami attacking him with his level 5 powers (posted earlier) because Touma pissed him off...

Fukiyose going Iron Wall Girl on him...

Touma seeing just about every girl he knows naked despite the fact that everyone else can see them normally....due to some ritual done by Aogami while trying to get a harem...

Touma inheriting 4.3 BILLION Yen from an old lady that he always helped and talked to when ever she was around...because the old lady didn't want her greedy ass son to get the money and figured that the poor boy could use a little bit of extra money...This causes a LARGE uproar...people wanting to be Touma's friend just so they can TRY and weasle some money from him...various women trying to seduce him for his money...the son sending hitman after hitman to try and take Touma out (oh the fun we'll have here) for taking (in his world) HIS inheritence...

Yeah not as crack filled as I thought it was...maybe I'm wrong the crack level?

What do you guys/girls think?
I would like this fic very much.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction