AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 22:31   Link #1001
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wonder about the King's Pillar ability. Clearly powerful, but wonder if that it's only effect. Maybe the other users fell unconscious because it had a personality effect and would make the user a danger to others. Well it's just speculation after all so who knows.
Old 2010-11-14, 23:26   Link #1002
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol. How exactly is it any better to catch a falling person with a giant mecha hand than simply letting them splatter on the ground?
Laws of physics are warped in zero time.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 23:57   Link #1003
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Man I lol'd so hard when he dived to catch Sugata. Like catching Sugata at the last moment before he hits the ground with a mecha hand that is probably just as hard as the ground is going to do Sugata any good. Lol.....

edit:
*sigh* someone already beat me to it, whoops. But glad to see that others agree with me hahaha
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 00:40   Link #1004
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Man I lol'd so hard when he dived to catch Sugata. Like catching Sugata at the last moment before he hits the ground with a mecha hand that is probably just as hard as the ground is going to do Sugata any good. Lol.....

edit:
*sigh* someone already beat me to it, whoops. But glad to see that others agree with me hahaha
I blame Superman.

Seriously, if Superman can do it without killing Louise with his arms of steel, anyone can.
Old 2010-11-15, 02:33   Link #1005
Jarmel

So we might have a villain now. Looks like I was right about Sugata and I love the way they depicted him too. I guess Takuto's going to lose next episode and pretty soon the seals are going to break. That's when the show should get truly interesting.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:06   Link #1006
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2010-11-15, 03:38   Link #1007
Kakkou
Tch.

I loathe the "best friends become enemies" type of development so I was really displeased when they went and did that. Well, it was expected but in the end I was hoping they'd do something else =/. Right now I'd rather they pull some power of friendship/love/bromance/talking with fists/mascot animal/dues ex or whatever it takes to steer away from that path next week.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:40   Link #1008
Jarmel

I was also surprised about Takuto and the self-realization that he might be a third wheel. It looked like for a second that he was going to step out of the picture until that talk happened.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 04:31   Link #1009
_gallo_

Personally my problem with the series so far is that I find really difficult to relate to any of all the character. I think that the writer should establish a more tight emotional link with the spectator. Because what I have seen so far is not bad, but is not so great either. I feel it lacks of emotions, it lacks of pathos and maybe more content could be filled within each episode. Besides Head, there’s not a single character which I find really interesting. Of course the series seems to develop and eventually will give lots of insights about the character and the story, but I think the writer (so Enokido, since he has wrote all the episodes until now) should have already delivered something at least to please the audience. Perhaps is not the best comparison, but in Utena there was much more character exposition thanks to the dramatic retrospective about each of the main characters. While I thought some of them to be over-dramatic, they were good. In Star Driver instead each episode instead feels too “empty”, and since we are almost at one third of the story there’s no room for setting to tone or introduction anymore.

Dunno, I liked all previous Igarashi’s anime, I even liked Soul Eater in terms of direction and animation, but I think that Star Driver does not have that “something” that makes an anime good. Hence I hope in a change in pacing or direction to happen soon.

About Head, well, he’s the only character that interests me. I want really to know why he has become what he is. His parts in each episode with the story told by Sakana-chan are my favorites.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 04:45   Link #1010
Qikz

Pretty good episode, but there's a few things that have been bugging me.

First of all, Sugata got knocked out of his bubble in Zero time yet earliar on, people got bumped around and it didn't burst. There's probably a reason for it, maybe because he was asleep but that's not too bad. The main one, I just cannot for the life of me work out is how can't Takuto recognise any of the glittering crux people in real life. I mean, they've all got different coloured hair and yet he never seems to realise who they are.

I really, really wish they'd animate a new entering scene. having him smash in every time is starting to get a bit annoying. But that's more due to budget probably and me not really liking it, it's cool still and the music really helps. The main thing that irks me with this series, is it seems to be that they do some story, then do a five minute or so fight scene which you know is never going to go any other way as all of the other Cybody drivers seem too agressive and just keep getting owned, It'd be cool if Takuto actually fought with someone and the battle was close, rather than him taking tons of damage at the start then just winning instantly.

Still, this is mainly all down to my personal opinions, I'm still enjoying the series. Can't believe Sugata is probably going to end up evil though, I thought he was one of the good guys.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 05:14   Link #1011
solomon

On autopilot.....

Just wanted to mention again how I LOVE those slutty costumes the Glittering Crux Brigade Femmes wear
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:42   Link #1012
klare

1 move? only 1 move is needed to cut the green fish...?

finally, Sugata is moving towards the path i forseen, but isnt it a little too soon for him to duel with Takuto?

and the adventure of life goes on
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 13:09   Link #1013
Bombo
TSF Fans

This girl don't give chance to give up..I start to like her
ALL OUTSIDERS SHOULD DIE <3.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 13:23   Link #1014
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Unexpected development in this episode. Sugata woke up and is now under the dorm leader's control? (?). Looks like he and Takuto will duke it out the next episode. Sakana-chan's story is getting ominous in this episode. Does that mean that Wako will be sacrificed eventually?

The president is definitely talking with someone, not reading the scripts as she said
Old 2010-11-15, 14:25   Link #1015
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The president is definitely talking with someone, not reading the scripts as she said
The vice president. He (or she, heh) is going to transform at some point.
Old 2010-11-15, 14:37   Link #1016
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
for the lulz =>
[SPOILER]Kira Boshi comparisons => http://sadpanda.us/images/277430-NXNRD22.jpg
Kiraboshi makes everything better?

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-15, 16:31   Link #1017
charles88

I wonder that the reason why all predesesor of Sugata went in cold sleep to prevent corrupted self run loose with King Cybody as it could be side effect of apprivosing King Cybody as in Fish story,it says the King is somewhat arrogant and corrupted.
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 17:37   Link #1018
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Pretty good episode, but there's a few things that have been bugging me.

First of all, Sugata got knocked out of his bubble in Zero time yet earliar on, people got bumped around and it didn't burst. There's probably a reason for it, maybe because he was asleep but that's not too bad. The main one, I just cannot for the life of me work out is how can't Takuto recognise any of the glittering crux people in real life. I mean, they've all got different coloured hair and yet he never seems to realise who they are.

I really, really wish they'd animate a new entering scene. having him smash in every time is starting to get a bit annoying. But that's more due to budget probably and me not really liking it, it's cool still and the music really helps. The main thing that irks me with this series, is it seems to be that they do some story, then do a five minute or so fight scene which you know is never going to go any other way as all of the other Cybody drivers seem too agressive and just keep getting owned, It'd be cool if Takuto actually fought with someone and the battle was close, rather than him taking tons of damage at the start then just winning instantly.
Many feel the same as you. The series has around 1.5% airing share in Japan.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:31   Link #1019
ShiroiRyu

One question : like always ...
Someone know the name of the music played at 18:11 when our blue haired girl began to speak about the story and we saw Sugata ?
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:34   Link #1020
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles88 View Post
I wonder that the reason why all predesesor of Sugata went in cold sleep to prevent corrupted self run loose with King Cybody as it could be side effect of apprivosing King Cybody as in Fish story,it says the King is somewhat arrogant and corrupted.
Speaking of...who is who in the story? Is Sugata or Takuto Sam? Or does she make no sense in comparison to the story?

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen