AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-13, 21:06   Link #1
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Satria: The Warriors of the 7 Elements

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-for-malaysia

I think this is the series that will take over the Nichigo slot after Gundam AGE is finished airing. Just my speculah.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-06-14 at 09:00.
Old 2011-06-13, 21:17   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I was rubbing my eyes for 10 whole seconds in disbelief.

I mean, I saw the title "Satria" and thought... nah, it's probably just a coincidence that the name meant 'Warrior/Knight' malay.

But then Keris. Hang Tuah. Jebat. MALAYSIA. @__________________________@

Do any of you Malaysians here remember... back in the 199Xs, that there used to be a Malaysian animated movie about a group of teenagers who found themselves some ancient weapons/artifact/power which allowed them to become the 'Hang Tuah and Friends : Version Power Rangers', and that the movie ended with a cliffhanger note of someone who allowed himself to obtain the evil villain's power?

Naturally, a sequel didn't pan out for that one because it sucked.

But oh god, damn you whoever in charge's of this monstrosity.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-06-13, 21:37   Link #3
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Congrats to Gonzo for making an anime that based on Asian mythology/history/legend that is not Japanese and Chinese. I also find quite ironic why they can't make this one earlier since they had too many anime and manga that based one American and European ones but only few get it right.

Let's hope Jebat get much better role in this one since he always remembered as a traitor.

@Nightengale: Yeah that movie sucked both critically and commercially. That's why we never heard of it again.
Old 2011-06-13, 21:45   Link #4
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

That's a pretty fruity name though. I mean "Warriors of the 7 Elements"? That's right up there with "Mystic Knights of Tír na nÓg".

That said, Malaysian is pretty unusual, but I could see this cooperative venture going into similiar obscurity to the RoTK co-production a year or so back.
Old 2011-06-13, 22:37   Link #5
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

wow this one announced last year

Old 2011-06-14, 02:17   Link #6
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

No intention to troll anyone and this thread but I saw in ANN forum where the director claimed this anime is shitty(?).

Quote:
"This is Hang Tuah (an important character in Malaysian legends), the main character of this shitty Malaysian anime I'm working on right now"
Was copied from ANN forum.
Old 2011-06-14, 02:45   Link #7
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I think this is the series that will take over the Nichigo slot after Gundam AGE is finished airing.
I find it very hard to believe this will be in the Nichigo slot. If it does then I'll only pray the people involved with the decision don't get burned too hard when this disaster in the making flops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
No intention to troll anyone and this thread but I saw in ANN forum where the director claimed this anime is shitty(?).
IIRC this project has been in the making for years and faced (is still facing?) a lot of problems along the way. I really can't blame Kitakubo for hating this and at the same time I'm certainly not expecting anything remotely good to come from the end result. All this is old news and unfortunately (or should I say, fortunately?) there has been no new info regarding this.
Old 2011-06-14, 03:41   Link #8
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I think this is the series that will take over the Nichigo slot after Gundam AGE is finished airing.
No way. The "fall 2012" indication itself isn't good enough to make this sort of deduction... all the Nichigo series are partly funded by MBS, do you really think they're injecting money into this when most of the episodes are being subcontracted to China for a ridiculously low amount of money? To be honest, I'd be surprised if this even made it on a Japanese channel (or if this was even ready on time, Kitakubo's posts have been worrying enough).
Old 2011-06-14, 05:51   Link #9
Dark_Pride

If even the director can't even feel positive about his project (it's not even aired yet), there's no way this show would be good. Also, I've read somewhere in the MAL forums that this project has very low funding, around 2 million yen per episode (don't remember exactly the figure)
Old 2011-06-14, 08:37   Link #10
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

As a Malaysian, I was quite excited to see a "Malaysian" anime or at least a calibration between Malaysian and Japanese sides. I am worried that financial problems, rather than political one this anime get delayed again or worse, canceled.

Considered that it get rather favorable time slot, it is either very lucky or the producer paid lots of money to get it. Let's hope it delivers even though I'm may not its target audience.
Old 2011-06-14, 08:58   Link #11
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
No way. The "fall 2012" indication itself isn't good enough to make this sort of deduction... all the Nichigo series are partly funded by MBS, do you really think they're injecting money into this when most of the episodes are being subcontracted to China for a ridiculously low amount of money? To be honest, I'd be surprised if this even made it on a Japanese channel (or if this was even ready on time, Kitakubo's posts have been worrying enough).
The fall 2012 isn't what made me think that, it's the demographic. If they're aiming this at 9-14 year olds then I can't think of any other slot this would be on than Nichigo. Original anime never get daytime slots on any channel; hell, even regular adaptations don't unless they're Jump shows, and that's only with TV Tokyo and Fuji TV. Then again, like you said, this might not be on a Japanese channel at all, but if it is Nichigo is the only slot it could get to have a chance of 9-14 year olds actually seeing it.
Old 2011-06-14, 11:17   Link #12
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I remember this. I corrected ANN over what Malaysian story this anime was based on.
Old 2011-06-14, 12:26   Link #13
faythz
I.G

Quote:

Was copied from ANN forum.
yeah i read the Article about this anime too in here
http://aninomiyako.wordpress.com/201...itakubo-stuff/

Satria – The Warriors of the 7 Elements’ is a collaboration between the Japanese anime studio GONZO, Malaysia’s National Film Development Corporation and Malaysian animation studio Funcel. However, Kitakubo tweeted that 22 out of 26 episodes are outsourced to China for a budget of only 2 million yen per 30 minute episode, that’s about as much as ‘Astro Boy’ had back in 1962. So as I said above, it’s better to not have high hopes for this.

I'm shock if this anime will replace gundam Age slot in Nichigo slot after Gundam end
Old 2011-06-15, 00:35   Link #14
mechdra

I am speechless...

I personally felt that this show is backed by the Malaysia goverment. It is a good thing for the youth of the country to appreciate their own culture and history. I can see this will be dub into Malay when it come out.

Last edited by mechdra; 2011-06-15 at 10:01.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:07   Link #15
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I am speechless...

I personally felt that this show is backed by the Malaysia goverment. It is a good thing for the youth of the country to appreciate their own culture and history. I can see this will be dub into Malay when it come out.
I went to a Malaysian anime board and according to one user who works for the Malaysian company that's animating Satria, they been holding auditions a year ago for Malaysians who can speak malay and english fluently.
Old 2011-06-17, 06:59   Link #16
fedor mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

I was rubbing my eyes for 10 whole seconds in disbelief.

I mean, I saw the title "Satria" and thought... nah, it's probably just a coincidence that the name meant 'Warrior/Knight' malay.

But then Keris. Hang Tuah. Jebat. MALAYSIA. @__________________________@

Do any of you Malaysians here remember... back in the 199Xs, that there used to be a Malaysian animated movie about a group of teenagers who found themselves some ancient weapons/artifact/power which allowed them to become the 'Hang Tuah and Friends : Version Power Rangers', and that the movie ended with a cliffhanger note of someone who allowed himself to obtain the evil villain's power?

Naturally, a sequel didn't pan out for that one because it sucked.

But oh god, damn you whoever in charge's of this monstrosity.
It was called "Silat Lagenda" I believe.
Old 2011-06-18, 08:46   Link #17
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Any clues for seiyuu for this show? Expect no A-rated seiyuus such as Jun Fukuyama and Rie Kugimiya but I still hope voice-acting will be good on this one. Yes there are lots of preteen shows like Pretty Cure and Yumeiro Patissire had some A-rated seiyuus but I don't this show will.
Old 2011-06-18, 09:15   Link #18
Dragonkid11
A random-man

WTH,Japan,you never cease to amaze me (Malaysian here)

Although the director give the comment of "shitty story" which hurt me a bit,but the story is indeed plainer than plain...
Old 2011-06-18, 09:44   Link #19
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Any clues for seiyuu for this show? Expect no A-rated seiyuus such as Jun Fukuyama and Rie Kugimiya but I still hope voice-acting will be good on this one. Yes there are lots of preteen shows like Pretty Cure and Yumeiro Patissire had some A-rated seiyuus but I don't this show will.
That's assuming if there will ever be plans for a japanese broadcast. Last I heard there were auditions held for people capable of speaking English and Malay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
WTH,Japan,you never cease to amaze me (Malaysian here)

Although the director give the comment of "shitty story" which hurt me a bit,but the story is indeed plainer than plain...
You should be directing your amazement at our National Film Development Corporation and Funcel for being the ones who planned this, not Japan. I highly doubt GONZO would have even taken this project had they not been in dire straits. Also IIRC, Kitakubo wasn't specifically calling the story shitty. It sounded more like he called the entire production shitty. I don't want to imagine how lousy the budget and whatnot they had to work with is for the director (or advisor, as he seems to have claimed) himself to call it shit.
Old 2011-09-16, 06:36   Link #20
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

It kinda disappoint me that no Japanese voice-acting but lets see that in positive way. Maybe it was Japanese themselves want to see it in Malay or English. Look what they did Devil May Cry game series for example.
Closed Thread