AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-18, 16:09   Link #1
Addicted

open for suggestions, 1st timer

im looking for a martial arts anime with a mix of romance and drama, anything similar to condor hero i guess.

any suggestions? unlicenced please, something i could go download rather easily.
Old 2004-03-18, 17:10   Link #2
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
A good 1st timer is Naruto, that's martial arts, but not really so much of romance/drama, but try it out anyway

Last edited by Wilcon; 2004-03-18 at 17:28.
Old 2004-03-18, 17:25   Link #3
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted
im looking for a martial arts anime with a mix of romance and drama, anything similar to condor hero i guess.

any suggestions? unlicenced please, something i could go download rather easily.
There is DEFINITELY romance and drama in Naruto! Naruto sounds perfect for you it as it has marital arts and ninja action, drama, romance (not a lot but its there). Its also great for a first timer.

Series that have drama and martial arts (but little romance) are:
Shadow Skill (a little old now)
Peacemaker Kurogane (set in historic Japan, which might appeal if you liked Condor Hero tho' that was China...)

These shows have action, but not necessarily martial arts:
Full Metal Alchemist (also a very dark series)
One Piece (more comedy)
Scrapped Princess (more drama and the most romance of all the ones here)

Also, have you seen Ranma 1/2? Its licensed but is the classic example of drama, comedy, romance, and martial arts.
Old 2004-03-18, 20:09   Link #4
Addicted

Thanks for the help, ive actually already seen Naruto and FM Alchemist up to the latest episode, just looking for something new to keep me occupied while i wait for further releases.

ill probably go check peace maker out, ive heard about it from a few people now but im still open for any other suggestions. Im not a big fan of guns and robots (sci-fi). Would much rather stick to martial arts and a beautiful girl always makes the story more interesting. Know of any others?
Old 2004-03-19, 00:33   Link #5
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu? - Very good comedy. A good break from any anime you're waiting for.
Read or Die OVA - Good action. Girls [not too much fanservice]. Unique and original.
Old 2004-03-19, 11:49   Link #6
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon
A good 1st timer is Naruto, that's martial arts, but not really so much of romance/drama, but try it out anyway
I completely disagree. If your looking for serious martial arts anime you should try a series called Grappler Baki.
Old 2004-03-19, 12:31   Link #7
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I completely disagree. If your looking for serious martial arts anime you should try a series called Grappler Baki.
Naruto is indeed maybe not so serious martial arts, but its still there, you cant denie it
Old 2004-03-19, 12:35   Link #8
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon
Naruto is indeed maybe not so serious martial arts, but its still there, you cant denie it
Naruto does have some very little (and I mean very little) real martial arts, but not enough for some one who is looking for martial arts anime to watch.
Old 2004-03-19, 12:39   Link #9
frowndog
Poof... time warp

*gasp* Do people even need to recommend Naruto??? One look at the number of groups subbing it and the number of seeds/leeches it gets would lead anybody semi-curious to at least look it up...

For fighting anime, how's about Yuyu Hakusho or Flame of Recca (although I think they're both licensed already... ) I'd say Shadow Skill is IMO a pretty decent choice.
Old 2004-03-19, 21:24   Link #10
luniz

cowboy bebop?
Old 2004-03-20, 18:16   Link #11
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted

You *might* like Tokyo Underground it doesn't quite fit ur request, but it's loosely around there.

PeaceMaker Kurogane is good, but it's a bit slow - not perfect if you like all out action all the time.

maybe i ought to try naruto...I read the synopsis for the series and it seemed somewhat uninspiring
Old 2004-03-22, 02:37   Link #12
MikoKikyo

I think peace maker is whatcha need... after you get through the first couple episodes it won't be slow anymore, you'll just get used to its natural pace...you'll hardly find a more classic martial arts then in this show. it's not very long -24 ep- and when i saw 23 and found out it was the second-to-last episode it was really sad, because it does get progressively better. so, i think you'll like it.
Closed Thread