Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-05-04, 03:11   Link #3201
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
And they say otakus are weird.
That guy is weird. Heck it isn't even his own species.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 03:21   Link #3202
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That guy is weird. Heck it isn't even his own species.
And a DS/Pillow is?
At least it's alive, can show and give mutual affection back (not programmed to) and it's not 2D or a printed image on a stuffed pillow.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 03:38   Link #3203
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
And a DS/Pillow is?
At least it's alive, can show and give mutual affection back (not programmed to) and it's not 2D or a printed image on a stuffed pillow.
You do realise I am just being silly by acting rigid and puritanical right?

At least the DS and Pillow portrays human forms! He could have married a catgirl instead of a cat!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-04, 08:46   Link #3204
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Gonna go ahead and agree that despite both being pretty crazy a love affair with an animal makes more sense to me than one with a video game/anime character.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 09:06   Link #3205
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Gonna go ahead and agree that despite both being pretty crazy a love affair with an animal makes more sense to me than one with a video game/anime character.
I suspect that the kitty can transform into a catgirl when nobody else is looking. That guy is one lucky bastard.

Old 2010-05-04, 09:37   Link #3206
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, the problem would arise when the honeymoon starts.
At least the only casualty when you have a daimakura as a wife would be lots of dirty laundry the next day, or worse, a roommate or otherwise, a witness telling you, "You're a sick dude."

Don't treat it in a good way. :P
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 10:05   Link #3207
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Though both scream social retardation and desperation . But got to agree with above .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, the problem would arise when the honeymoon starts.
Old 2010-05-06, 05:48   Link #3208
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A Russian MP has asked President Dmitry Medvedev to investigate claims by a regional president that he has met aliens on board a spaceship.
Of all the people, they choose a Chess fan?
Old 2010-05-06, 09:53   Link #3209
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This whole story could provide some good material for an episode of The Legend of Koizumi! The mah-jongg game could take place aboard the spacecraft. If the aliens win, they get to rampage throughout Japan; if Koizumi wins, he gets the spacecraft.

Glory days ahead for the Japanese Space Agency, I'd guess!

In other news, the Herschel Space Telescope confirms the existence of a "fourth state of water," hitherto known only to certain Japanese scientists engaged in secret war research.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 02:36   Link #3210
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Here's one for you:

Quote:
A HANGOVER has cost a student almost $1 million.

Richard Newman, 35, found one half of a winning Monopoly sticker when he and his girlfriend called in at McDonald's after a boozy night out.

However, the PhD philosophy student from Sheffield, England, had no idea what it was for and simply threw it away, The Sun reported.

Two weeks later, he visited the restaurant again and won the matching Park Lane sticker in the fast food chain's Easy Win Monopoly game.

His girlfriend, Chloe Gray, looked on the internet and discovered that they could have won £500,000 ($833,000) with both stickers.

But by this time the Mayfair sticker was lostr. (note by Harufox, that's as written)

Mr Newman said: "When I cleaned out the car, I peeled the sticker off and threw it in the wheelie bin and thought nothing more about it.

"It was just a little bit of paper, but if I'd been playing the game I'd have known I'd hit gold."

Mr Newman even had hypnotherapy to try to find the sticker he threw away.

Ms Gray, 27, said: "We've got over the 'what-ifs' now. But it was awful at the time."

McDonald's said: "We sympathise but without the winning sticker we are unable to help."
What a moron! He's thrown away his ticket to a better life with one night of drinking
Old 2010-05-07, 02:45   Link #3211
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
What a moron! He's thrown away his ticket to a better life with one night of drinking
Can't really blame them, they were drunk, they didn't want it. It was by their choices, this is their consequence. Which is why when there is a monopoly prize going, on, I ask around for stickers and the such - I don't throw them away, hell no.

Slim chances happen, but so does karma.

....Still waiting for my karma. Good and bad. Though this is incredibly.... sour-flavored.

If I had a chance, I'd exploit it until I couldn't. Just because you think you don't have a chance doesn't mean you don't.

It's all very irritating. Since I do the exact opposite and ask around for stickers whenever their is a monopoly going on. :/ *sigh* Oh well, such is life. Especially for them.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 04:37   Link #3212
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'd have thrown the sticker away even without drinking (I don't drink anyways). I never pay attention to that kinda things in the first place.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 10:56   Link #3213
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Many people alive today possess some Neanderthal ancestry, according to a landmark scientific study.

So, does that mean New Guineans, Chinese & Europeans, Neanderthals?

Monster colossal squid is slow not fearsome predator

And thus the myth the giant Squid will Tentacle ***bleeep*** you is busted. And everyone rejoice!
Old 2010-05-07, 11:35   Link #3214
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

Monster colossal squid is slow not fearsome predator

And thus the myth the giant Squid will Tentacle ***bleeep*** you is busted. And everyone rejoice!
they have no backbone, spineless wimp
Old 2010-05-07, 19:25   Link #3215
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Many people alive today possess some Neanderthal ancestry, according to a landmark scientific study.

So, does that mean New Guineans, Chinese & Europeans, Neanderthals?
I wouldn't make a big deal over it. That's less then the percentage of our genome that was contributed by viruses.
http://geneticsevolution.suite101.co...n_human_genome

Further, pretty much none of the morphology that characterizes neanderthals is present in modern humans.
Old 2010-05-07, 20:19   Link #3216
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I wouldn't make a big deal over it. That's less then the percentage of our genome that was contributed by viruses.
That comparison is misleading because we share 99.7 percent of our DNA with Neanderthals in any case. If I understood that correctly, the 1 to 4 percent cited are 1 to 4 percent of the remaining 0.3 percent. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it either but just because. Still, it's cool. Of course it will trigger a lot of e-drama from religious fundamentalists and racists of every persuasion and those people who react with hurr-durr to eveything scientists find out.
Old 2010-05-07, 21:30   Link #3217
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
and in keeping with the Maccas stories:

Quote:
A WOMAN was more than four times the legal alcohol limit when she crashed into the side of a McDonald's outlet while trying to order some drive-thru tucker, according to police.

Police said the 49-year-old Wonthaggi woman wedged her Toyota station wagon into a garden bed at the take-away restaurant, on the corner of Bilson and Graham streets, at 2.25pm yesterday.

Police said a breath test was conducted, with a reading of 0.207.

She was charged with drink-driving and her licence was suspended.

More charges may be laid.

No one was injured and the woman was alone in the car on the time.

Police said the woman did not manage to order any food before the crash.
Dayumn....Wow seriously....
Old 2010-05-09, 02:29   Link #3218
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lebanon fires latest salvo in hummus battle with Israel
And thus the Hummus wars continues.
Old 2010-05-09, 02:38   Link #3219
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It's good to see that they are fighting using hummus rather than RPGs and Apaches.

Old 2010-05-09, 08:11   Link #3220
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chinese Australians angry at Gallipoli TV casting

Tags
humor