AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 19:11   Link #101
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

I'd like to ask something....
What was yuki honestly thinking when she told zero that her vampire side ate her other half? She knew that would upsett him even more. It's pretty to me that she cares for Zero more then she actually think she does...even she has yet to come to terms as to how much her feelings for him are as she in her mind goes "what is zero to me".......
I think all she has is a childish probably admiration that she has confused for love towards kaname and the one she truly loves is zero which is why it puzzled me why she said it...it not only hurt and angered zero but she ended up hurting herself too....
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 19:23   Link #102
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
What was yuki honestly thinking when she told zero that her vampire side ate her other half? She knew that would upsett him even more. It's pretty to me that she cares for Zero more then she actually think she does...even she has yet to come to terms as to how much her feelings for him are as she in her mind goes "what is zero to me".......
I think all she has is a childish probably admiration that she has confused for love towards kaname and the one she truly loves is zero which is why it puzzled me why she said it...it not only hurt and angered zero but she ended up hurting herself too....
Um yea that part pissed me the hell off. Even if shes a vampire now that doesnt mean years of memories were all of sudden washed away. I support the YukixZero paring for a couple of reasons.

1.A paring between the two will show that Zero can overcome his hate for vampires (assuming Yuki doesnt say anything else retarded) Yuki is the only person who can quell Zero's hatred of vampires and also keep him from going ape shit and killing a lot of vampires then himself.

2.Zero actually needs Yuki more than Kaname does. To me Kaname looks at Yuki as way to continue the family name. Kaname did what he did for his own reasons he was her past, i feel what her and Zero built over those years is something really special. Zero is her future I feel if she goes with Kaname a bad fate may await her, history may repeat its self.
Old 2008-04-12, 02:49   Link #103
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
I think she wanted him to know that ya she was no longer human she is not the same person she was. Just a theory but I think him putting a gun to her head probubly upset her. Right know I think she is trying to push him away because she herself is confused about the turn of events. Is she human or is she a vampire? She really is very confused. And well she knows that Zero will hate her now, she is likely thinking just to end things between them as cleany as possible.

One thing more this is just my $.02 but Kanama loves her that is clear and its not about advaning his blood line so to speak. He has been lonely for a long time and only really cares about her. (I'm much to lazy to look for specific details of this though) Zero loves her and needs to stop acting like a dang fool. As for yuuki that is a bit harder to determine. Most of the time I think she thinks of Zero as a brother and someone to protect with occasional hints of romance, and Kanama as her hero whom she admires fiercly and is crushing own but is too differn't . But now everything has changed. I can't deside who I want her to go with because Zero's attitude right know is anoying and I can't really figure out Kanama completly. This is almost as bad as fruits basket for me in picking out the right guy for her.
Old 2008-04-13, 15:03   Link #104
Kaijin
かいじん

With all your explanations, and my re-reading the chapter, it certainly makes a lot more sense. I still don't have a clue what direction this will take, but Matsuri Hino has certainly kept things interesting. This is her first manga that is darker than the others she's done and I think she's done a great job.
As for the classic "who-will-pair-up-with-who" question...I love Kaname and Zero, so I can certainly see Yuki's dilemma, but as Torri_fay_torren@hot stated, Zero needs to accept Yuki or there can be no pairing of the two...obviously, and right now he's not too willing to accept her which I find retarded because he's also a vampire, so WTH? I know he has a general hatred for them, as well as hating that part of himself, so he's all emo and tormented, but it's getting annoying. Still love him though, so I'll wait and see what the mangaka has in mind for this.
Old 2008-04-13, 18:52   Link #105
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Zero's emo-ness is understandable. I mean he was suddenly given a revelation that Yuuki is a pure breed.

Zero needs Yuuki more than Kaname does. His life depends on it. He will turn into a level E vampire sooner or later without a pure breeds blood.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 20:58   Link #106
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Zero's emo-ness is understandable. I mean he was suddenly given a revelation that Yuuki is a pure breed.

Zero needs Yuuki more than Kaname does. His life depends on it. He will turn into a level E vampire sooner or later without a pure breeds blood.
Zero was emo even before that. Don't get me wrong I love Zero, but I want to see his character develop a bit aside from his rage and hate (even if he has valid reasons). And I get that he needs Yuki, but need doesn't equate love. The only person who knows who Yuki will choose in the end is Matsuri Hino, so I won't speculate cause as I've said before I love both guys.
Old 2008-04-13, 21:34   Link #107
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Because I am a secret romantic at heart I picture Yuuki bieng in danger and Zero seeing this just reactes to protect her, abrutly relising the it's her he's wanted all along and he doesn't care about her bieng a vampire and all. Bold confession infront of everyone, that sort of thing. Sigh, but I degress...

Because Zero drank from Kaname he wont be going into Vampire level E for sometime now. So we don't have to worry about that. I personal like the turn of advents.
A. The main character just turned into a Super Vampire. (Always cool.)
B. She seems to have some freaky power.( Can't wait to see how that works.)
C. We get to learn about the past.( Fascinating)
D. This really mixes up the relationships.( I like the Drama)
E. For me it is the most important. Her hair is awesome.( It all about the hair. Everybody knows this. )
ps. If your really confused try Wikiepedia. Its also nice to recape.
Old 2008-04-14, 15:59   Link #108
seraphicmin
緒に...永久に?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
I personal like the turn of advents.
E. For me it is the most important. Her hair is awesome.( It all about the hair. Everybody knows this. )

I totally agree with these. except i didn't really care about the hair. I feel it makes her looked more like a small kid though. <-- Personal opinion only. Cause i almost can't differentiate if Kaname wasn't there. Or maybe i suck. Haha. And also this:

Quote:
This is almost as bad as fruits basket for me in picking out the right guy for her.
The first thing that comes to my mind was Zero being Kyo Sohma, Kaname being Yuki Sohma and of course Yuuki being Tohru Honda. However, in fruits basket it was much clearer as to who really loves Tohru and who she really loves.

Over here in Vampire Knight it's total confusion. But that's what's nice about it too. lol. It's really hard to decide. Cause i love both guys too. And they do really care for Yuuki too. Whoever she chooses, it will be such a heartache for the other. T___T

So like Torri_fay_torren@hot said those... Really can't wait to read further~
seraphicmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 19:36   Link #109
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Because I am a secret romantic at heart I picture Yuuki bieng in danger and Zero seeing this just reactes to protect her, abrutly relising the it's her he's wanted all along and he doesn't care about her bieng a vampire and all. Bold confession infront of everyone, that sort of thing. Sigh, but I degress...

Because Zero drank from Kaname he wont be going into Vampire level E for sometime now. So we don't have to worry about that. I personal like the turn of advents.
ps. If your really confused try Wikiepedia. Its also nice to recape.
my god you just described my feelings in an organized manner, something i could never do, and totally agree with the hair if she cuts that hair i'm gonna punch my monitor cuase it looks so awesome right now
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:30   Link #110
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't think she has a freaky power, but just the ability to project a hit like Kuran. when he takes out that vampire's arm when they're hunting Zero, he does it at a distance. same for yuki (i'm assuming you mean when she scratched up the walls) she can swipe at someone far from her arm's reach, but the swipe will still hit them.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 00:20   Link #111
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

I have a feeling that as soon as Yuuki makes her choice of which boy she wants I'm going to feel so bad for the other guy. I will not agree with her and have some resentment towards him for a bit just because the other guy will be crushed. Gosh this doesn't seem like it will end good either way she chooses. Poor Yuuki thank gosh I'm not in this situation!
Old 2008-04-15, 15:53   Link #112
Vinak
Procrastinator

if zero / Yuuki pairing comes to pass. it would end up being a tragedy for her in the end.

it is mentioned that pure blood vampires have a much longer lifespan than the nobles.
Zero isn't even a Noble. even if he doesn't go insane he'll eventually start to age and die.
Old 2008-04-15, 15:56   Link #113
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
if zero / Yuuki pairing comes to pass. it would end up being a tragedy for her in the end.

it is mentioned that pure blood vampires have a much longer lifespan than the nobles.
Zero isn't even a Noble. even if he doesn't go insane he'll eventually start to age and die.
unless he keeps drinking her blood(not basing this off anything but assumptioon) but a pairing between the two would have to involve zero forgiving her first and with his attitude i dont' see that ever happening

edit: and I don't like the idea of a relationship where one person drinks the others blood that shouldn't be part of a relationship
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:00   Link #114
Vinak
Procrastinator

lol.

I am under the impression sucking another vampire's blood is a sensual activity in this manga. at least it "can" be if they are close or different gender. (I am thinking of Ruka when I say this)

so i guess they'll have a "hands off" relationship

Edit:
actually thats all confusing when i think more about it. cause vampires sucking another vampires blood happens in several non relationship situations. shiki's mother....zero and kaname...ect.

so i dunno anymore XD
Old 2008-04-15, 16:09   Link #115
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

With how things stand now has the promise that yuki and zero made to each other become void?
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:47   Link #116
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i have no doubt that zero will eventually kick the bucket at some point in the manga. they've built the story up so that he will. it cycles between him getting closer to e-class, then getting away from it via some other means. one of these times, he's not going to make it.

anyways, Ruka... <3 seeing as Seiren is getting shafted in terms of page time, i guess Ruka is the way to go.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:59   Link #117
Queeny
<3

-___-

it's hard to tell ...

I like both of them , but still I love kanami more than zero !!

I really Hope that Yuuki choose kanami !! at least for the promise she
made with him !! " not to leave him alone -_-"" "

how come all this years he was so lonely can't get near her only watching ..
it's all because he want her to be happy as a human ><
he really needs Yuki ...

Hope The Mangaka put a good ending to this story ...
cuz for now we only see another fruits basket !!

Zero = Kyo
Kanami = Yuki
Yuuki = Tohru

we have to wait till the new CH release ... <,<
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 06:36   Link #118
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

(I'm putting this here since it involves major manga spoilers.)

You know, I think the anime producers had a major discussion with the mangaka before they made the anime because looking at the OP and ED, I think all the clues are actually there, including the ED to the manga itself. :shock:

Spoiler for Speculations BUT could end up being major spoilers to the manga and anime if correct:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 07:19   Link #119
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
(I'm putting this here since it involves major manga spoilers.)

You know, I think the anime producers had a major discussion with the mangaka before they made the anime because looking at the OP and ED, I think all the clues are actually there, including the ED to the manga itself. :shock:

Spoiler for Speculations BUT could end up being major spoilers to the manga and anime if correct:
What are you talking about characters like Kaname always end up with the short in of the stick? His type of character hardly ever, a character where the female has always been in love with them since they were little. A character that the main female has been longing to be with. BUT HE'S HER BLOODY BROTHER! But Yuuki has always been drawn to Zero, and thinking of him, does everything for him. She needs him as much as he needs her, he is her world as she is his. Zero isn't selfish and doesn't express his feeling and Yuuki completely selfish. She really doesn't deserve Zero, I wish another character would come in a draw Zero towards her, but it's already getting close to the end so I highly doubt that. That whole thing since the beginning about Zero cannot betray Yuuki has been I think a rather important line. He probably won't do this, but I would really like to see him start to kill every vampire, I mean becoming an enemy.

Zero's background and being is by far the most complicated of all character, he was made to stand out. Also his appearance is very different from nearly ever other character. It wouldn't surprise me if Zero had hidden special abilities, actually I would love to see some. With all the mixture that he is, a vampire, has the blood from a pure blood flowing through him which is mixed with another pure blood, he's a hunter from the strongest hunter family which is cursed or something , he's human. He can pretty much be his own breed, he pretty much is since he's so different form everyone else. But the question now is, what will happen to him since Yuuki won't be around for him to suck blood from now? He will get weaker, loose himself, and even die......possibly.... Also that blood he got from Yuuki all this time, she may have been in her human form but none the less was still a pure blood vampire, I wonder if that will take any affect on him?

Pretty much I''m saying it's Zero who is the interesting character of this manga to me. Let Yuuki go off and be a lover with HER BROTHER (they may not be real brothers (I think he said in one of the chapter that he wished that he was her real brother or something like that) but they share the same blood line and come from the same family), Zero is too good for her. Yuuki annoys the hell out of me, she knows nothing. All she can do is constant hurt Zero over and over again, even getting caught up in romantic moments in front of him. Not doing anything about the situation but let it happen, like a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife cheating and using the excuse they got caught up in the moment......skanky......

And I don't think Zero is upset now, I mean he seemed upset at first, but I think right now he's completely devastated. Heart broken, his world is crumbling around him and he feels like he's loosing the only thing that was really important to him. He acts like a cold person, but we've seen time and time again that he's really gentle. I don't think he would ever want to hurt Yuuki. Right now he's just completely lost and in torment. We all know without Yuuki Zero will loose himself and will slowly die both physically and mentally. Without Yuuki, I think he will die, by his own hand or let someone else do it. He has been suffering since the very beginning of the manga, he has been suffering more than anyone due to his history and the actions of the most important person to him. Actually let Zero die (I would be pissed off if he did), so that Yuuki can be completely devastated and suffer....

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-04-16 at 08:10.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 07:37   Link #120
Vinak
Procrastinator

wow....just...wow...heh

I share different opinion on the matter of how this manga is going. All I'm going to say.

Tags
manga