AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-06-30, 09:31   Link #1
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Transformers: The Movie (2007)

First of all, sorry if such thread has already opened. If that is the case, pls help me to merge this thread then. Thanks. Anyway, hehz juz to tell u guys that the trailer for Michael Bay's Transformer Movie is out.
http://www.transformersmovie.com/

So far, it looks good to me. But well, we got to wait for 2007. Aww, tt's pretty long to me. Juz like I got to wait for the Spiderman 3. Btw, the trailer for Spiderman 3 is out too. Check it out on the youtube.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 11:21   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
aaah transformers the movie ! omg, i wouldve nver guessed it, ooh im soo excited XD

is there any meaning to this 7.4.7. or just a pretty number

for some reason i cant get this car commercial out of my head now, the one with that robot dancing and changing back into a car
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 11:28   Link #3
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

7.4.7 is not juz a pretty number. hehz... it's the premiere day. July 4, 2007.
Old 2006-06-30, 11:28   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i really hope it isnt as stupid as that trailer looks....

werent they planning a transformers movie back in the late 80s? i could have sworn i was waiting for a live movie when i was in middle school. but that was soo long ago.

michael bay isnt the guy that did x3 is he? i didnt like x3.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 11:35   Link #5
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i really hope it isnt as stupid as that trailer looks....

werent they planning a transformers movie back in the late 80s? i could have sworn i was waiting for a live movie when i was in middle school. but that was soo long ago.

michael bay isnt the guy that did x3 is he? i didnt like x3.

x3? u mean triple x? that Vin Diesel movie? Nope. Michael Bay is the guy who directed Armageddon , Pearl Harbour, The Rock, Bad Boy I n II and The Island.
Old 2006-06-30, 11:37   Link #6
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
for some reason i cant get this car commercial out of my head now, the one with that robot dancing and changing back into a car
It's not that far off, I've seen pictures but they've been removed of Bumblebee. It's an actual robot model they seem to have designed. So probably half CGI or something but I'm not so sure.

They've also designed a Tank, a helicopter(The one that the US army uses but I'm not sure which one it is but' it's not the chinook), and a police car which has the words "To Punish and Enslave" Note these models apparently have already been built and the tank was on a truck labelled "overload"

And from what I've heard of the lame trailer, it's just an announcement as they've just started production.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 11:55   Link #7
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

sorry i meant the xmen3.

really though, a transformers movie HAS to have devastator in it. can they pull it off? i dont think they will be able to.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 12:40   Link #8
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Hehe they are NO WHERE NEAR being done. I was present for part of the filming (some government denying that there are robots on Mars thing) and I think they still have 6 months of filming left in addition to all the CGI.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 08:59   Link #9
ShikaShika
無罪

As an old school Transformers comic-die hard, I'm anticipating the project but I'm not having high hopes for it. (You'll forgive me for thinking the plot of the cartoon was crap compared to the comic.) From what I've heard so far it doesn't sound very promising. It's unfortunate that they have to redesign some of the characters (like Bumblebee due to WV not letting them use the brand). It's too bad Hollywood is so commercialized these days, I have a feeling that character and plot are going to take a back seat to merchandizing. I'll continue following the production, but I'm still sceptical...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 09:21   Link #10
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I just hope they follow some of the real storylines...

The 80's storyline would be the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use the mini-cons story or something...In any event watching real cars transform into the Transformers, MAN, if they do it right it will be so sweet...

I hope it's the normal story of landing on Earth for the first time and the search for energon...Can't wait to see my favorite STARSCREAM and hopefully they can work a deal for Bumble-Bee turning into the Voltswagon New bug...I also am interested in how they will approach Megatron...Will he be a BIG GUN or a little gun?? I just hope they are smart and do the normal story, because when you do the story most fans are familiar with I think you get a better reaction...I know Ving Rhames is in it...He'll probably be a voiceover for Jazz or somebody with that husy-type urban voice...

edit:
Just watched the promo and it ain't that great...Was hoping they'd use the storyline of the transformers being on Earth since the prehistoric days, not to emerge until present day, not that they crashed in 2003 or something...And Micheal Bay is the producer that doesn't really understand the difference between a movie and a music video (Going by his resume of work)..But it will be visually awesome an action-packed as everyone of his films are...even to a default sometimes...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-07-01 at 10:06.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 11:03   Link #11
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I also am interested in how they will approach Megatron...Will he be a BIG GUN or a little gun??
Be prepared to be dissapointed because he most likely won't be a gun at all. Why? Because Hasbro can't sell realistic looking guns, that's why. (Yes, it makes you wanna cry...) There was talk about him being a tank instead, and recently even a fighter jet (which of course would take the charm out of Starscream, Thundercracker and... the third one whom I can't remember the name of... been a while... )

Fans would do best to drastically lower their expectations beforehand. Unfortunatly.
Old 2006-07-01, 16:27   Link #12
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^When has Megatron ever been a realistic-looking gun?? He's always been a furturistic styled cannon or blaster...A supped-up Nintendo power-gun...Well I can't say I'm surprised because I think Megatron might be a tank in that silly Transformers series where there is Scourge and that Shark transformer...Hasbro is stupid for ignoring their legacy with the character...If Hollywood had half the clue that the true fans had their would be a helliva lot less $hitty remakes....
Old 2006-07-01, 17:34   Link #13
T.V.

G1 (the original series) Megatron was closely modeled after a Wather P.38 U.N.C.L.E. handgun.
The biggest difference being the scale; more suitable for a child's hand than an adult's one.

About the movie:

The story revolves around an object on Earth that is of interest to the Transformers.
A certain teenager, Sam "Spike" Witwicky, will become involved in the battle between these alien war machines, and as such will be the audience's porthole towards the reality of the Robots In Disguise, though not the only one.

Both the human and Transformer cast will feature stalwart characters that appeared in the original series, though modified to some degree in appearance and/or character.

The movie will carve out its own continuity and is not tied in with any previous Transformer series, though it borrows elements from them. Mostly from the original series.

This will be "the most realistic depiction of Transfomers to date" according to director Micheal Bay.

Megatron will NOT be a handgun, but an
Spoiler:

The Transformers are likely to be mass and size consistent during transformation.

Visit Michael Bay's forum and Don Murhpy's forum if you want to keep up to date about the movie's progress.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 17:36   Link #14
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
^When has Megatron ever been a realistic-looking gun??
Since 1984? He transformed into a Walther P-38 (I just looked that up right now, I'm not a nerd ) and I'm no weapons expert but it looks like a real gun to me. We're talking about the toy here.

Most likely Megatron and Bumblebee are only the tip of the iceberg so far, fans should expect the worst. Don't expect only G1 characters either, last I heard Scorponoc(!) was in it. Doesn't sound like they care so much about the continuities of neither the comic nor the cartoon but are more likely just putting stuff in because it's eyecandy.

Edit: Oops, T.V. beat me to it. (Btw, I don't mean to say that you're a nerd either. ) Thanks for the links as well.
Old 2006-07-01, 17:48   Link #15
T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
It's not that far off, I've seen pictures but they've been removed of Bumblebee. It's an actual robot model they seem to have designed. So probably half CGI or something but I'm not so sure.
Spoiler:

Quote:
They've also designed a Tank, a helicopter(The one that the US army uses but I'm not sure which one it is but' it's not the chinook), and a police car which has the words "To Punish and Enslave" Note these models apparently have already been built and the tank was on a truck labelled "overload"
The Boeing/Bell CV-22s tiltrotor aircraft of the USAF are featured in this movie.

About the Transformers mentioned:
Spoiler:

All * marked names are still provisionary, but not very likely to change IMO.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 19:33   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I find it funny that in 1984 kids could pretend to murder other kids with Megatron, yet in 2006 this is unacceptable ...MTV is worse than any Megatron Transformer that's for sure...Anyways I did forget about that version of the gun which is odd considering I owned damn near ever transformer in existence and 84-85 was probably the year I started collecting them as a teeny-tiny mofo...I actually used to steal them out of K-mart when I was like 8..I didn't know any better I just popped them out and my mom still bought me other ones too ...

If Megatron is indeed an alien aircraft that will be quite weird...He's always a weapon, he should stay one too...And if Bumble-Bee can't be a Beetle what can he be??There's gotta be something they can do?? Why wouldn't Voltswagon want this exposure at a fair deal...Maybe he can be a PT cruiser??

Quote:
This will be "the most realistic depiction of Transfomers to date" according to director Micheal Bay.
Hmmm, heard that before ...Turning Megatron (The main antagonist) into something other than a gun or weapon already knocks that statement down a peg...Having the Transformers land on Earth in 2003 is also some B$...But I do trust that Micheal Bay will make the movie extremely stylish and contemporary...Most of his movies are visually superb...

Man they better have Rumble, Shockwave, Soundwave (casseticons too), Kickback, and Thundercraker atleast...I wonder if Reflector and the others will be turned into DVDicons since cassettes are obsolete??
Old 2006-07-01, 19:46   Link #17
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Why wouldn't Voltswagon want this exposure at a fair deal...
Believe it or not, they don't want to be associated with war. And it's 'Volkswagen'.
Old 2006-07-01, 19:50   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LOL this isn't the war against Terror...It's a fictious Robot Battle...That's seriously gay...He can't even be the crappy "Herbie" Beetle...Bumble-Bee might have to be a Geo-Metro or something, that's weak X)...
Old 2006-07-02, 00:08   Link #19
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
@T.V.

A thousand thanks

Quote:
They say that for alot of things.... But when he means realistic he just means when they transform and such they maintain the same mass and such?

Quote:
I find it funny that in 1984 kids could pretend to murder other kids with Megatron, yet in 2006 this is unacceptable ...MTV is worse than any Megatron Transformer that's for sure...Anyways I did forget about that version of the gun which is odd considering I owned damn near ever transformer in existence and 84-85 was probably the year I started collecting them as a teeny-tiny mofo...I actually used to steal them out of K-mart when I was like 8..I didn't know any better I just popped them out and my mom still bought me other ones too ...
Times change. In Psychology, we were shown a collection of pictures going from 1950 -> 2000. The kid starts off happy, then as time progresses the child's face starts to become more and more terrified. I don't need to explain the rest to you.

Quote:
Man they better have Rumble, Shockwave, Soundwave (casseticons too), Kickback, and Thundercraker atleast...I wonder if Reflector and the others will be turned into DVDicons since cassettes are obsolete??
I could care less about those ones but they must have SHOCKWAVE. ANd I can't believe that Devastator is going to be a tank....they should have the constructicons in there instead.

We shouldn't get our hopes too high with this movie.

In the end I think we all have to accept the fact that were old die hard fans of the G1 series. Were old. They want new blood in and this is it.

I mean after Beast Machines, which one must admit was at least decent, every new transformer series was....just horrible.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 05:18   Link #20
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Beast Machines, which one must admit was at least decent..
I can't in good faith admit that ...