AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 28.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 49.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 18.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-16, 16:52   Link #61
martino
makes no files now

LOL. Nayuki's face while saying "Liar" was just unbearably cute...

Also, Ayu is rather small compared to Yuuichi. I never noticed this before. I knew that she was small, but never I noticed that it was such a big difference. A kissing scene between those two would be interesting...

Nayu-chan, Ayu-chan... That was pretty funny. Yuuchi's sense of humour is however superior to any other. Like the "before-bath" scene.

Though the first action scene with Mai wasn't anything special. I was expecting something more... However this was a very good episode.

Here come some memorable snapshots:
Spoiler for for Key reference:

Spoiler for for already mentioned Nayuki's "liar" face:

Spoiler for for another Nayuki's expression:

Spoiler for so kawaii:

Spoiler for she surely can't be as bad as Natsuki:

Spoiler for BANZAI!!!:

Last edited by martino; 2006-12-31 at 08:29. Reason: corrected picture links
Old 2006-12-16, 17:08   Link #62
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A good episode. Nice to see that people are not overly depressed about Makoto... it must be kinda tough on Yuuichi. Hm... Ayu moving in was a nice plot device in order to provide more screentime for her without leaving out Nayuki and vice versa Ayu "forgetting" about her parrents and the fact Yuuichi knows nothing of her is obviously hinting at something, but i will not dwell on this right now.

The Yuuichi/Nayuki conversation at school was priceless... tho i don't know if i like the way he treats Nayuki in general. Nayuki meeting Ayu was also done very well ... i think they are overdoing it with Nayuki's alergy ... it is not like she can't touch a cat >.<. Obviously it is used for comedy, but it feels a bit much to me.

Looks like Mai is opening up a bit... looking towards seeing her in a dress. (Btw - i simply don't understand how some one like Nayuki / Shiori doesn't have a dress or two>.<)

Animation quality dropped a little bit, but it is far from something to complain about. Oh, and once again we got a dream sequence at the start - that one was missing for some time.

A nice ep, gave it a 9.
Old 2006-12-16, 18:14   Link #63
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Add to that the first fansub I grabbed (I was desperate!) contained an error and refused to play and I didn't get to watch it till this morning.
Check your inbox. Wanted to double-check a few things with you about that.

Thanks!

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-16, 21:14   Link #64
DanielSong39

Works as a transition episode; very similar to episodes 1-6. But not as much focus on Mai as I expected - I suppose that will have to wait until 12.

Not much else to say - it felt like a setup episode. It gets the job done in that aspect, but let's see how they take things from here.
Old 2006-12-16, 22:38   Link #65
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Giving this episode a 8 out of 10. My standards are just different. I don't give out 9's and 10's that easily (I have, but extremely rarely) :P I would have to be pretty damn impressed to give something a 9, and to give something a 10......well, let's just leave it at that for now

Like many have already said, they did not just forget Makoto in this episode after the heart-wavering events of the previous episode, and I'm glad that this was handled well. I like how Yuuichi explained to Ayu when she was wondering where Makoto was. It is only, however, just the episode after, so I would still hope that they don't forget her for the entire rest of the series.

Those "endless loop" jokes, I gotta love those. First, there's the lunch scene with Yuuichi, Mai, and Sayuri, passing bento boxes to each other. That was just simply funny. But the part where Yuuichi and Nayuki got into another endless loop, that was gold, hehe. And Shiori eating ice cream in the middle of winter? Sheesh, no wonder she never gets better :P Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about the scene between Yuuichi and Kitagawa at the beginning of class at 3 minutes into the episode. There's some good funny moments in this episode, a little comic relief after the heart-wavering events of the last few episodes. But, of course, can't shake off that nagging feeling that there's a lot more heart-wavering stuff that can and will happen. Subtle hints such as Ayu not remembering that her parents were on vacation, Shiori not wanting to go home when Yuuichi was going to ask her to, Kaori being in a bit of a bad mood, among a few others. And then, of course, the scene with Mai and Yuuichi near the end that just leaves you hanging.

One of the parts I like the most would be when Ayu-chan and Nayu-chan finally officially meet face to face. Ayu had been eating breakfast at their place a few times already but Nayuki always sleeping late, missed her every single time. And I love that part when both of them agreed that Yuuichi was being rude, and then suddenly, asking who each other was. That was just cute And the cutest part of all, Ayu and Nayuki sleeping That was totally moe.

Looks like it's almost time for the ball. The lovely Mai in a dress, I can't wait to see that either Moe to the max
Old 2006-12-16, 23:49   Link #66
Wrath88
Kissing...

Huh, weird coincidence that I just passed the bento-passing scene on the day the episode came out. At least now I'll have visuals to match the words in the game.

Personally, I want to see another scene between Mai and Yuuichi, one that arises from Yuuichi wanting to get a reaction out of Mai. I won't exactly say what he did, but...
Spoiler for What Yuuichi said:

Other than that, I'm also a huge fan of Mai. Can't resist the quiet sword-wielding girl, so it's great to know that I'll be seeing her in a dress soon.
Old 2006-12-17, 08:29   Link #67
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I liked this episode, but they didn't explain it fully to Ayu which made it not a great episode to me. I guess it is understandable that they didn't want to dwell on it, but still.....

Wow, 3 girls' arcs got advanced in this episode. Props to Kaori for the miracle remark.

Spoiler for for Ayu phone call:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(Btw - i simply don't understand how some one like Nayuki / Shiori doesn't have a dress or two>.<)
Actually, I can't believe you guys are actually making those remarks. Ball/prom gowns are expensive. Styles and popular colors can change with the fashion season with little use after the event is over. If they haven't gone to a ball recently, then they won't have a ball gown a suitable enough to loan. Renting is the best option imo, since alot of prom gowns in the US are sold after the event is over.

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-17 at 12:18.
Old 2006-12-17, 09:19   Link #68
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
im sorry for speaking offtopic. im just curious. does the line in japanese at the beginning of each episodes warn against downloading episodes from the net? my japanese is not advanced enough to fully understand it

Last edited by nikorai; 2006-12-17 at 09:20. Reason: to put it more precise
Old 2006-12-17, 10:39   Link #69
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Actually, I can't believe you guys are actually making those remarks. Ball/prom gowns are expensive. Styles and popular colors can change with the fashion season with little use after the event is over. If they haven't gone to a ball recently, then they won't have a ball gown a suitable enough to loan. Renting is the best option imo, since alot of prom gowns in the US are sold after the event is over.
Very good point. Actually, watching Yuuichi ask some of the girls if they had a dress that he could borrow for Mai had me laughing out loud at the mental picture I was getting of the results. OK, here are some measurements from the character bios on the Kanon website:
  • Mai - 89/58/86 height = 167
  • Ayu - 80/52/79 height = 154
  • Shiori - 79/53/80 height = 157
Can you imagine what Mai would look like wearing a dress/ball gown borrowed from one of those two??!! Tako-san wiener indeed!

Last edited by Furudanuki; 2006-12-17 at 11:36. Reason: Fixed typo for Mai's 3rd size - it's 86, not 56
Old 2006-12-17, 10:51   Link #70
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Very good point. Actually, watching Yuuichi ask some of the girls if they had a dress that he could borrow for Mai had me laughing out loud at the mental picture I was getting of the results. OK, here are some measurements from the character bios on the Kanon website:
  • Mai - 89/58/56 height = 167
Can you imagine what Mai would look like wearing a dress/ball gown borrowed from one of those two??!! Tako-san wiener indeed!
It's kinda late, but I do agree. Recently I've just came across a few articles about girls spending big bucks just for one Prom Night event. Imagine spending 1k just on a dress alone, and for one night... Dresses can be pretty expensive, especially if Yuuichi wants Mai to look like the belle of the ball or something. Guess Yuuichi never took into consideration the different sizes of his female friends. He couldn't have known, anyway, unless he bullied/teased them into telling him.
Old 2006-12-17, 12:16   Link #71
orion

Nah, I would think that it would be pretty obvious in Ayu's and Shiori's cases. They are just too short and not endowed enough. I can see Ayu and Shiori trading clothes because they have similar measurements.

He just wasn't thinking properly imo.
Old 2006-12-17, 14:39   Link #72
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Typical male cluelessness on Yuiichi's part .... trying to be helpful.
Old 2006-12-17, 16:34   Link #73
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
im sorry for speaking offtopic. im just curious. does the line in japanese at the beginning of each episodes warn against downloading episodes from the net? my japanese is not advanced enough to fully understand it
"Recently there have been many unauthorized uses on the internet. Please notice that it is strictly prohibited by law to distribute or circulate pictures and images of TV programs through the internet without the permission of their rightful owner."

And yes, the thought of actually subbing that line had actually passed through our minds before when working on a different series before.

Btw, Satou Akemi has significantly improved in voicing for Shiori in this episode. Hopefully she would keep it up.
Old 2006-12-17, 16:48   Link #74
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
"Recently there have been many unauthorized uses on the internet. Please notice that it is strictly prohibited by law to distribute or circulate pictures and images of TV programs through the internet without the permission of their rightful owner."

And yes, the thought of actually subbing that line had actually passed through our minds before when working on a different series before.

Btw, Satou Akemi has significantly improved in voicing for Shiori in this episode. Hopefully she would keep it up.

Wow! I didn't know that was the message. Do they do that for all programs now? Sorry for being off-topic.

Don't you think that Yuichi is alittle "off" in this episode? More short-tempered with Ayu but not with the others. Not really happy but giving it the ole college try. He's not at a pre-Makoto level to me.
Old 2006-12-17, 19:07   Link #75
Cloud Strife
~Uguu!~

Very funny episode! Wasn't it strange that Ayu said her parents were on vacation yet she claimed she lost her mother when she was younger?
Old 2006-12-17, 21:42   Link #76
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
  • Mai - 89/58/86 height = 167
Which website? I can't seem to find their Bios anywhere.

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-17, 22:03   Link #77
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
Very funny episode! Wasn't it strange that Ayu said her parents were on vacation yet she claimed she lost her mother when she was younger?
Spoiler for thoughts about Ayu's situation:

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-17, 22:41   Link #78
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Which website? I can't seem to find their Bios anywhere.

Cheers.
You probably haven't found them so far because the bios aren't from a website for the anime - they are from the site for the Kanon game. Here's a link to the character page
Where, BTW, it shows that Nayuki's birthday (12/23) is less than a week away.
Old 2006-12-17, 22:42   Link #79
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
Spoiler:

And Ayu's birthday is 1/7. Makoto's birthday was 1/6.

Edit: I totally forgot this line from episode 4 , Cloud Strife.

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-18 at 07:18. Reason: Totally forgot the ep. 4 line
Old 2006-12-17, 23:12   Link #80
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
You probably haven't found them so far because the bios aren't from a website for the anime - they are from the site for the Kanon game. Here's a link to the character page
Where, BTW, it shows that Nayuki's birthday (12/23) is less than a week away.
Well, that's certainly interesting! That means Nayuki and me share the same birthday.

Heh.