AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-28, 17:21   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Character Discussion - Magic God Othinus

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Magic God Othinus related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Index Novel/Manga Readers, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 17:28   Link #2
Birdway
Banned

She is enough popular to deserve her own thread.

Btw, I think she is as good intentioned as Fiamma but as extreme as him...
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 17:39   Link #3
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post

You mean more extreme than him. Pre-WWIII Fiamma could only dream of being as extreme as Othinus.

That being said, the hints that were dropped in NT8 such as the following:
Quote:
For an instant – just an instant – Kamijou thought about that possibility.
What if Magic God Othinus was not a bringer of destruction but instead reached out to help people?
But…
combined with how Kamachi's magic side antagonists tend to be good-intentioned extremists are making that too obvious. [Not that I'm complaining about that. ]
Old 2013-09-28, 17:44   Link #4
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Best thread evar confirmed.

Yeah little bits here and there like from Freyja, too.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 18:44   Link #5
hamazura
whatever

she is hot.
Old 2013-09-28, 18:49   Link #6
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Best thread evar confirmed.

Yeah little bits here and there like from Freyja, too.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
You mean more extreme than him. Pre-WWIII Fiamma could only dream of being as extreme as Othinus.

That being said, the hints that were dropped in NT8 such as the following:

combined with how Kamachi's magic side antagonists tend to be good-intentioned extremists are making that too obvious. [Not that I'm complaining about that. ]
Something bugs me about her though... I don't know what it is. I feel like she isn't the same as the others in some weird way, and it's different from the extremity. It really became obvious this past volume. What could she have been doing the entire time while waiting for the others to act... I'm serious... she's so powerful and could do things so much of the time... I don't understand... something feels very weird... I sense this weird thing happening. I also think she doesn't actually have a clue about Aleister's plan because he would stop her otherwise I think... wouldn't anyone want to stop a real magic God trying to be complete? what bothers me is that in the end Othinus doesn't actually know anything about science but used Bersi instead to achieve her goals... it makes her seem too weak to actually even be a threat at all... It sounds weird for me to say this... but as the trends have shown us... the real villains are the ones who know about both science and magic... but she... Othinus... was only using Bersi... she abandoned science as soon as she became complete? Why does this feel so weird... something is up with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post

This could very well be true. But what I said before still bothers me.

Why can she be so strong by just using magic. Fiamma was weak because he didn't know about science. Othinus is outside of Christianity but doesn't know about science. Aleister uses magic + science so should be way above anybody else. In fact, he should have been able to be a magic god if he wanted to... but for some reason we don't know about he expressly seems to have not chosen to be one... because he otherwise could have been one... this is what is weird to me... if Magic God is so good, why wouldn't Aleister be one...? Does this have to do with his broken illusions? And I'm also curious if Ollerus actually knows Aleister from before? Because when he fought Gunha he wanted to make a point against Aleister about something...

Ollerus seems to be a villain that has done actually nothing even more so than Aleister and it is very much bugging me. She barely has any plans except other strong people around her and relies on Ollerus in order to make her reach 100%... but if it were really that easy... how could that be true? Somehow I feel like she is a wannabee...

One final thing that bothers me is this... Why is she masochistic or sadistic at different times... It bothers me a lot... There is something strangely familiar about her I can't put my finger on it...

Anyway... Yeah...

The other weird thing is that Aleister has been saying to AIWASS that AIWASS won't be so much higher than him forever... is this implying he's ascending again... or is this implying something else... I feel like this all ties in to Othinus succeeding at becoming a complete magic God and destroying the world. I also wonder now more than before if perhaps having the world destroyed will awaken Imagine Breaker (what Aleister is trying to do) and make it fully start working... I wonder about this 1. because it's a reference point of the world and 2. because Aleister keeps on trying to make Touma fight stronger and stronger opponents... and tried to make Touma not to get to Fiamma during world War III... even though Fiamma was trying to destroy the world.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:58   Link #7
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Guys... Tell me you guys were not seriously propose to make this thread of Hothinus.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:17   Link #8
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

can she beat an archangel?
Old 2013-09-29, 05:54   Link #9
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Is Othinus considered a fairy now? I'm somewhat confused... Thanks
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:57   Link #10
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
Is Othinus considered a fairy now? I'm somewhat confused... Thanks
I guess so. That status has turned her chances to 100% failure, thus 100% success on whatever.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:08   Link #11
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I think the condition fairy belongs to Ollerus, he had clipped wings and was thrown to the crowd, now they can do whatever want with him. Already as Othinus said, she transcended the own status.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 10:00   Link #12
desrtsku
Nympholept

Now, let's get into the most important topic.
I heard some people here are absolutely certain she has cowtits, why is that?
Old 2013-09-29, 11:38   Link #13
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Now, let's get into the most important topic.
I heard some people here are absolutely certain she has cowtits, why is that?
They aren't that big. Pretty small.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:08   Link #14
Shinhwa
Banned

I don't really know if I want her to join Touma's harem or not...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:40   Link #15
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I don't really know if I want her to join Touma's harem or not...
please no god no(othinus is too awesome to be another harem member) the touMAN is already the harem king himself, i think hes good.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:42   Link #16
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

There's never too much for Touma's harem. She will want the T soon enough. Plus, he needs a sadist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I think the condition fairy belongs to Ollerus, he had clipped wings and was thrown to the crowd, now they can do whatever want with him. Already as Othinus said, she transcended the own status.
Fairy probably doesn't transcend a magic god.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:48   Link #17
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
There's never too much for Touma's harem. She will want the T soon enough. Plus, he needs a sadist.

Fairy probably doesn't transcend a magic god.
Doesn't Touma already have Leivinia for that?

On the issue of Othinus in his harem, I think she would somehow try to become the legal wife and regard the other girls as mistresses.
Old 2013-09-29, 23:03   Link #18
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Doesn't Touma already have Leivinia for that?

On the issue of Othinus in his harem, I think she would somehow try to become the legal wife and regard the other girls as mistresses.
imokaywiththis.jpg for once, someone is honest.

I don't consider Birdway a sadist. She's just an overpowering imouto.
Old 2013-09-29, 23:16   Link #19
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Plus Leivinia was only ranked 3rd by Kamijou in the world sadist rankings. Of course he should aim for the number 1...
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 21:31   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yes.

Something bugs me about her though... I don't know what it is. I feel like she isn't the same as the others in some weird way, and it's different from the extremity. It really became obvious this past volume. What could she have been doing the entire time while waiting for the others to act... I'm serious... she's so powerful and could do things so much of the time... I don't understand... something feels very weird... I sense this weird thing happening. I also think she doesn't actually have a clue about Aleister's plan because he would stop her otherwise I think... wouldn't anyone want to stop a real magic God trying to be complete? what bothers me is that in the end Othinus doesn't actually know anything about science but used Bersi instead to achieve her goals... it makes her seem too weak to actually even be a threat at all... It sounds weird for me to say this... but as the trends have shown us... the real villains are the ones who know about both science and magic... but she... Othinus... was only using Bersi... she abandoned science as soon as she became complete? Why does this feel so weird... something is up with this?

This could very well be true. But what I said before still bothers me.

Why can she be so strong by just using magic. Fiamma was weak because he didn't know about science. Othinus is outside of Christianity but doesn't know about science. Aleister uses magic + science so should be way above anybody else. In fact, he should have been able to be a magic god if he wanted to... but for some reason we don't know about he expressly seems to have not chosen to be one... because he otherwise could have been one... this is what is weird to me... if Magic God is so good, why wouldn't Aleister be one...? Does this have to do with his broken illusions? And I'm also curious if Ollerus actually knows Aleister from before? Because when he fought Gunha he wanted to make a point against Aleister about something...

Ollerus seems to be a villain that has done actually nothing even more so than Aleister and it is very much bugging me. She barely has any plans except other strong people around her and relies on Ollerus in order to make her reach 100%... but if it were really that easy... how could that be true? Somehow I feel like she is a wannabee...

One final thing that bothers me is this... Why is she masochistic or sadistic at different times... It bothers me a lot... There is something strangely familiar about her I can't put my finger on it...

Anyway... Yeah...

The other weird thing is that Aleister has been saying to AIWASS that AIWASS won't be so much higher than him forever... is this implying he's ascending again... or is this implying something else... I feel like this all ties in to Othinus succeeding at becoming a complete magic God and destroying the world. I also wonder now more than before if perhaps having the world destroyed will awaken Imagine Breaker (what Aleister is trying to do) and make it fully start working... I wonder about this 1. because it's a reference point of the world and 2. because Aleister keeps on trying to make Touma fight stronger and stronger opponents... and tried to make Touma not to get to Fiamma during world War III... even though Fiamma was trying to destroy the world.
It's actually unknown just what makes Othinus' power run. She could be on the same aeon as Aleister although it's highly likely he's already advanced far ahead, thus explaining his inaction so far.

Tags
characters, hot magic god