AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-12, 01:17   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black 2nd Season, Episode 06.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-11-12, 11:47   Link #2
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Spoilers from a reliable source...

Spoiler for forgottendiary CLICK (added details):

Spoiler for PICS ^_^:

Last edited by Amirali; 2009-11-12 at 12:15.
Old 2009-11-12, 12:18   Link #3
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali View Post
spoilers from a reliable source...

Spoiler for forgottendiary click:

Spoiler for pics ^_^:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-12, 12:23   Link #4
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
[/spoiler]

Spoiler:

I am not sure. I will update as I get it...
Old 2009-11-12, 12:33   Link #5
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Spoilers from a reliable source...

Spoiler for forgottendiary CLICK (added details):

Spoiler for PICS ^_^:
[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad it wasn't a * in a box.

The truck thing is actually the shotacon contractor right? I hope it's not Yin because that looks ridiculous.

Last edited by nubby; 2009-11-12 at 12:49.
Old 2009-11-12, 12:49   Link #6
Amirali
Banned

There was a correction...

Spoiler for Details:
Old 2009-11-12, 13:03   Link #7
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for watch out about box..:
Old 2009-11-12, 13:10   Link #8
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
There was a correction...

Spoiler for Details:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-12, 14:03   Link #9
sirn
田舎者言うな

Spoiler for Summaries:
Old 2009-11-12, 14:19   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not going to use spoilers here in a single-episode thread, so here goes....

Hei couldn't see Yin, but Suou could. After Yin's ghostly form disappeared, Suou didn't tell Hei she'd seen it, and kicked the telephone pole she seemed to emerge from. Is Suou developing feelings for Hei? Earlier, after pondering the meaning of love, and Norio's feelings for her, the next image in Suou's mind was Hei: she thought of him stopping her from shooting at Yin's container, and also of the fact that he used her name (Suou) for the first time (I think).

Yin is being transported in the sub, in water. And you could see her ghostly form swimming along beside the sub, lol.

Norio's mom lassoed Suou with a tentacle of water, and demanded that she come along. Suou refused and summoned her gun, but Yin appeared and put Noriomom into a whirling globe of water that eventually killed her, right before her son's eyes -- and Norio thought Suou had done it. New contractor-like ability for Yin. To turn a contractor's ability against them? Or to manipulate water, the element she sees through?

I didn't find Norio's seiyuu, Nomura Katsuhito, very good in this episode. Couldn't feel the emotion he was simulating.

Best line for me was when Hei was cooking and poured the last of his sake into the pan to cook with Suou said: "No more sake?" Hei responded: "Yeah." (meaning "yes, no more sake.") Great intonation from his seiyuu, Kiuchi Hidenobu, giving the clear impression -- later seemingly confirmed -- that he planned not to drink any more.

Nice summary form sirn. Does Hei wanting Suou not to shoot any more mean that she may begin to use her powers in another way? Or that they may flow back to Hei?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-12 at 14:43.
Old 2009-11-12, 14:20   Link #11
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Spoiler for Summaries:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-12, 14:27   Link #12
nubby

Man, all these freakin people who want Hei to pair up with Yin or Suou..... they're way too young for him. His perfect match is Misaki!
Old 2009-11-12, 14:30   Link #13
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Man, all these freakin people who want Hei to pair up with Yin or Suou..... they're way too young for him. His perfect match is Misaki!
We still don't really know how old is Yin unless I missed something, but I agree--Misaki is the perfect match for him.
Old 2009-11-12, 14:33   Link #14
Aryu
Rest... yet not

I knew it. That they will put in the BOX. Yin probably evolved in something new inside gates, at least her observer apparition is. It could be all those dead bodies in memory scene was her work, maybe that's why Hei wants to kill her.
@nubby
I think it was ep 12 where Yin helped Hei escape from Pandora, Hei definitely saw her observer.
And most important Hei is cooking again and now he need only to get his mask and cloak.
Old 2009-11-12, 14:45   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
I'm not saying what I want, just what I see. I agree about Misaki being a good choice, but I don't think he has any feelings of that kind for her, whereas he does have strong feelings for Yin -- at least as a sister, if not as more.

We'll see how things evolve. I think Kyouko told Misaki in this episode that she shouldn't think of them as her friends. It seems likely that Misaki and Hei may end up as a team, fighting everyone from the government to Madame Oreille, so feelings may start then.

The fact that Hei stopped Suou from shooting at Yin's container means to me that he does not want to kill Yin. And his tense conversation with Madame Oreille seems to indicate it may be her he wants to kill. Still not sure about "ano onna," lol.

I think Hei didn't see Yin this time because he has lost his contractor abilities.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-12, 14:57   Link #16
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The fact that Hei stopped Suou from shooting at Yin's container means to me that he does not want to kill Yin. And his tense conversation with Madame Oreille seems to indicate it may be her he wants to kill. Still not sure about "ano onna," lol.

I think Hei didn't see Yin this time because he has lost his contractor abilities.
He probably either wants to kill her himself or at least demands a valid explanation to why she left him before killing her.

And so do we.
Old 2009-11-12, 15:09   Link #17
Freeter
beyond

I expect a ton of 'Yin in a box' pics on pixiv soon
Old 2009-11-12, 16:11   Link #18
Xacual

I thought Yin was like 17 in the first season? I remember reading that somewhere on this forum. She'd be 5 years younger then Hei then?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-11-12, 16:50   Link #19
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I'm shocked. I'm starting to like Suou. That kick to the pole was the highlight of the ep for me.
Old 2009-11-12, 16:57   Link #20
Strange
Incoherent at best.

I think Yin is 17, 18, and now, probably close to 20.

Hei/Suou is kinda wrong, though. Way too young. Misaki wouldn't be a bad choice, I suppose, but Hei has no feelings whatsoever for her unless the plot shifts and makes them buddies or something.

Yin in a box, like most people thought. Good to know, although it does look a bit ridiculous. I don't think she comes out of that box alive, though.
Closed Thread