AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 01:37   Link #21
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Shirou from Fate Stay/Night. He wasn't bad in the Fate route, but Unlimited Blade Works? Hot DAMN. I mean c'mon, his mental landsape is a barren wasteland littered with swords stuck in the ground, while massive cogs rotate in the burning red sky.

Lawrence from Spice and Wolf. I'm not sure how to put this, but what makes Lawrence a great character is that he's very human. He isn't a great fighter, he's not famous, he doesn't have a harem, he's just some guy. His dynamic with Horo is subtle, and he both understands and respects the fact that she's way more complicated than he can know. It's nice to see a character who gets by on his personality, not his super-badass powers or his 30+ girls.
Old 2011-03-13, 06:43   Link #22
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
You usually can't go wrong with Kyon. He's a sarcastic lazy bastard, truly a role model for aspiring main characters. I like his inner monologues too.

His character also meshes well with Haruhi. Haruhi's actually a jaded character too who saw the world as boring and pointless, until she meets Kyon and started those antics. They both have more in common then what it initially looks like.

I also like Akagi, from well... Akagi. He just takes shit from nobody, and has the longest nose. His attitude to life and death is badass.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 20:34   Link #23
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I also like Akagi, from well... Akagi. He just takes shit from nobody (...) His attitude to life and death is badass.
Definitely. Akagi is one of those characters I'll never forget, no matter how many other series I watch. His attitude and demeanor is just pure bad-ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
...and has the longest nose.
He does. He really does.
Old 2011-03-17, 01:57   Link #24
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Spike Spiegel. nuff said!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 18:28   Link #25
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - This awesome sarcastic lazy guy who was dragged into the most hectic situation any high-schooler could deal with, and hes still sane mind you.

Tomoya from Clannad - I can't really explain this one, hes really funny and just cool in general.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 22:46   Link #26
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Tomoya from Clannad - I can't really explain this one, hes really funny and just cool in general.
I think a lot of his strength as a character lies in being easy to relate with. He is easy-going and sort of a slacker, but he is far from being an uninteresting loser or a jerk. He's a tremendously nice guy, but he comes across as very human. He's not a strawman constructed from ethical components like so many "good-guy" protagonists in worse written shows are. That is also a huge and obvious reason why he's so well liked; both he and Clannad are excellently written. He's also really funny, as you mentioned, and definitely fits the label of "cool" as well.

He also shows a lot of characters through trials and tribulations throughout the series.

Kyoto is in no short supply of great male leads; that's for sure.
Old 2011-11-27, 07:13   Link #27
DawnEmperor

Let's see...

Monkey D. Luffy: The most cheerful, likable idiot hero. Most idiot heroes come off as insufferable except when they're fighting. Luffy admittedly does start out like that, but he's fleshed out as a leader with hidden depths. You get to see how his crew comes to respect someone like him.

Zenkichi Hitoyoshi: Admittedly I discovered Medaka Box pretty late, but he's one of my favorite leads. Like Kyon, he's an example of how a normal guy doesn't have to be boring. He's determined, honest, while still flawed and relatable.

Rock Okajima: Black Lagoon's protagonist shows that he's got a backbone, even though he's essentially a normal guy thrust into a wretched hive. He's heroic, yet still experiences a lot of trials which make him realize the depth of his decision

Spike Spiegel: Starts out as the selfish bounty hunter, gradually becomes more heroic and understanding of others. He's a guy with multiple depths

Mugen and Jin; Couldn't really decide on one, since they really complement each other. Mugen is a violent asshole who has an unpredictable fighting style. Jin, while quieter and more stoic, is also an asshole. But their journey with Fuu shows that they're not all heartless.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote