AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-12-23, 10:15   Link #421
Miraluka
Banned

Lol, seriously? People bougth the game because of that .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:06   Link #422
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know man... It's not like any of us haven't seen a girl bathing before...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:54   Link #423
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know man... It's not like any of us haven't seen a girl bathing before...
Well I haven't seen a brown haired 14 year old tsundere girl that can shot electricity and got a inferiority complex about breast size showering naked...
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:50   Link #424
zaeraal

Well at least it is a nice addition to the game , so that's why everyone is waiting for it. (I wouldn't buy the game just for that)
Anyway - Summary of the second chapter first part is up in my previous post (I want it in one place)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...92#post3902092
The plot is way more interesting than those hair cutting rumors.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 21:42   Link #425
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

ザラスシュトラ = Zarathustra, also known as Zoroaster.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 23:53   Link #426
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Explain yourself, I don't get it.
Old 2011-12-25, 00:46   Link #427
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

See zaeraal's last post on the thread.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-12-25, 05:48   Link #428
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Thanks, stuff like this is really too much for me.
Even that Dharma thing.. I was rolling my eyes on that one too.

Anyway, it's quite interesting that Kamachi is bringing religion to the Railgun story (I believe it was him who wrote the script).
Damn.. I am too curious now as how much Saten knows about religion (and magic) if she is reading stuff like that.

PS: I forgot to mention I edited the Railgun PSP game wiki and added some new info there,
though still needs a lot of information (and someone needs to put there the shorter version of summary and probably that will be me again )

EDIT: the latest walkthroughs are geting more and more thrilling, in last chapter they nearly got killed in a house that exploded.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-12-25 at 06:29.
Old 2011-12-25, 07:06   Link #429
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Now that you've mentioned it, there's Dharma (Hinduism) and Zarathustra (Zoroastrianism).

Old 2011-12-25, 13:56   Link #430
danicruz29

will touma have a cameo apperance in this game?
danicruz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:17   Link #431
Siegel Clyne

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun PSP Main Villain is ... Lacus Clyne?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Obviously, there is no way she is evil :

Oh, script writers makes my day showing obvious villains.
The final boss, or last boss (ラストボス) in Japanese, in the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun PSP game is Aizono Mio (相園美央), known "affectionately" as Aizono-chan (相園ちゃん).

According to some threads at 2ch, such as this one, Tanaka Rie voices Aizono Mio.

It sounds very much like Rie Rie's voice as Aizono-chan in this To Aru Kagaku no Railgun PSP gameplay video at Nico Nico Douga:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16470914

Perhaps the reigning seiyuu queen of villain roles in Japan, Tanaka Rie certainly has played her share of evil villains, crazed personalities, and psycho bitches in her career - particularly the batshit insane, sadomasochistic, sociopathic ones - such as Morganna in .hack//SIGN, Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, Isabella in Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry (Soukou no Strain), Haibara Sakuya in the Fatal Frame IV / Zero ~Gesshoku no Kamen~ Nintendo Wii horror adventure game, Liang Qi (Liang Chi) in CANAAN, Yamanobe Sayara in Mnemosyne, Helga Noyman/Neumann in the Phantasy Star Portable Sony PSP game, Mars in Pocket Monsters (Pokémon): Diamond & Pearl, Alice Bivorio Basskreigh in C3, Virgo Zodiarts (voice) in the current Kamen Rider Fourze live-action tokusatsu television series ... and apparently Aizono Mio in the To Aru no Kagaku no Railgun PSP game.

Although it isn't an evil role per se, Tanaka Rie voices a crazy online BDSM dominatrix queen, Kitou Hotaru (aka QUEEN HoTAL), in Episode 5 of Copihan.

And her Kazama Rio in the Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! drama CDs - and probably in the upcoming Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! TV anime series as well - is a really mean and nasty women's professional wrestling antagonist.

All this from someone who began her voice acting career being probably best known for sweet, soothing, gentle roles like Mariel in Hanaukyo Maid Team, Chii in Chobits, and Lacus Clyne in Gundam SEED (though some would argue that the Pink Princess is the ultimate villainess).

P.S. The Aizono Mio hysterical laugh is most certainly Tanaka Rie. It's definitely her.

---

A belated Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2011-12-26 at 05:05.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 05:17   Link #432
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicruz29 View Post
will touma have a cameo apperance in this game?
I am following the youtube walkthroughs and still haven't seen him.
And the part 16 was probably last part of chapter 4 (so chapter 5 is last one).
And you already have the main villain going for her main plan.. unless she is some super broken esper,
I don't see Touma coming, as there is no purpose for him to come.

On top of that, all the fights were really like jokes, Mikoto totally pwned everyone,
still holding back completly and even when other characters were present, they haven't done anything, just watched Mikoto pwning everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
The final boss, or last boss (ラストボス) in Japanese, in the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun PSP game is Aizono Mio (相園美央), known "affectionately" as Aizono-chan (相園ちゃん).

According to some threads at 2ch, such as this one, Tanaka Rie voices Aizono Mio.

It sounds very much like Rie Rie's voice as Aizono-chan in this To Aru Kagaku no Railgun PSP gameplay video at Nico Nico Douga:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16470914

A belated Merry Christmas!
Woah, watched the part 16 of those waltkhroughs and she is really batshit insane.

And finally the satellite firing a KAMEHAMEHA!!!
Still waiting for next video where the kamahameha will change direction and then will be blown apart by another one (yellow) fired from earth.
Spoiler for speculation:

PS: I know that they really want Mikoto to be the main character.. But aren't they a bit of overdoing it?
I mean she is the only one that actually has interesting Action mode, beated every villain, finished solving every mystery,
is nonstop present (unless scenes with villains and their victims) and brings a great deal of development during the story.

If you compare it to others:
Kuroko - is extremly sceptical, thus does not brings too much development to story and is usefull in fights only till the main villain arrives, really short action mode
Saten - starts most of the development during solving the urban legend (they are urban legends after all), but mysteriously disapears when the villains come. (like now in the part 16, she just disapeared without any reason) and NO ACTION MODE
Uiharu - is she even there?

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-12-26 at 05:48.
Old 2011-12-26, 12:56   Link #433
danicruz29

awww too bad, i thought there will be tsundere moments of her with touma
danicruz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 14:47   Link #434
zaeraal

That Aizono Mio is really a batshit fuc**ng insane psychopath.. She has a nickname - Shinigami Kakiko (死神力キコ) and a fake identity - Atatsu Cho (逢辰千余), who was senpai of Kuroko and Uiharu.
She was the person "helping" the Mioshi Yoshiko (Hair Cutting lady) in order to gather hairs from students and use them as samples for the testament machine, so she could change level 2 telepathy of a boy named Futaishi Kyousha (二石杏車) into some "COPY KNOW-HOW" ability (this caused irreversible damage to that boy), so she could use it on Ichizawa Akiko (一澤暁子) and get the information how to break the security of 八段階目の赤 (the Kamehameha satelite? - can anyone give a proper name for it?). But to find Ichizawa Akiko, she had to broke into Judgement and Antiskill database and even used the Seisai Shidou (though they were useless), until she decided to find her personally in chapter 3.

An this is just the begining of her actions, still didn't get through all that stuff she did in chapter 4.
Old 2011-12-26, 15:11   Link #435
Miraluka
Banned

Hikoboshi II, is actual the satellite with a laser canon on it, used against Fiamma (I guess) but got destroyed.
Old 2011-12-26, 17:06   Link #436
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hikoboshi II, is actual the satellite with a laser canon on it, used against Fiamma (I guess) but got destroyed.
Actually we can't be sure it's the same one.
Old 2011-12-26, 20:41   Link #437
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I know that they really want Mikoto to be the main character.. But aren't they a bit of overdoing it?
Railgun PSP of Mikoto, by Mikoto, for Mikoto?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 20:45   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well in the first place Railgun has always been a Mikoto story, the other girls have very little to no roles outside of their intended arc... No, that's not entirely true- but the focus has always been on Mikoto.

The Anime took alot of liberty to expand on the other characters.
Old 2011-12-28, 07:33   Link #439
zaeraal

Quote:
Well now in video n. 19 she is mentioning it by that name.. Oh well, maybe it was mistake at my part and she was reffering to security system or the thing that controlls it or maybe even something else.. sorry. (thogh at the end of the video n. 19, Mikoto again uses that name 八段階目の赤, so I am still curious what is that reffering to exactly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Railgun PSP of Mikoto, by Mikoto, for Mikoto?
That pretty much sums it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well in the first place Railgun has always been a Mikoto story, the other girls have very little to no roles outside of their intended arc... No, that's not entirely true- but the focus has always been on Mikoto.

The Anime took alot of liberty to expand on the other characters.
Yeah I know Mikoto is the main character, I just said they are overdoing it.
For example the Action Mode - why they didn't included them properly?
If they went through all that trouble of making the 3D models, why Uiharu's has only one apearance, why Saten is only used as "background" (no buttons show up) and why Kuroko has only her 2-3 button combo support before Mikoto takes over..
I mean in every damn shoen anime/manga, you always have the main character to take down the main villain in every arc (this is normal and understandable) but you always have the side characters to take care of mid bosses, or other stuff that helps the villain, so the main char. can take care of him.
It's a disapointment on my side that you have to get past hours of dialogues and then when you finally get to the really short action mode, it completly belongs to Mikoto.

Anyway walkthrough is finished!!

Part 19 is finally the fight with main boss.
Again Mikoto is holding baaaack. Aizono is lv4 and has some crazy ability 油性兵装 (she spelled it ミリタリーオイル (Military Oil), but real translation should be something like "oil weapon").
She discarded her clothes and made oil ones (what do you think happens when Mikoto beats her up ), it gives her some super speed, she can fire homing oil missiles, it even withstood railgun and can make wings and fly.
After playing around for a while, Mikoto let her taste Touma-like preachings and finally used normal lightning to beat her up (was holding back till now). then preached again and Aizano turned good .
Spoiler for nsfw :):

After that they proceed to construct using both of their powers some super railgun canon.. Uiharu calculates the specs for such canon, but that isn't enough. Saten says the canon is hot topic on net and that she is going to find the necessary information and Kuroko is evacuating citizens in case it fails and explodes...
And part 20 - they construct the super railgun, fire it toghether and that's it.

Bath scene where are you??? Did I missed it, or it was in those chattings or in those fail endings?

Last edited by zaeraal; 2012-01-07 at 15:35.
Old 2011-12-28, 07:41   Link #440
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ That sounds kinda awesome, despite my initial impressions.