AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 14:37   Link #141
immblueversion

Repeat it in red: "All of Yasu's children are hir biological children."

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:46   Link #142
Toku

Started reading Forgery of the Golden Witch. The beginning implies that this was written before the EP6 translation patch was released, and if that's really true, then I find it amazing that it includes things that I wouldn't have been able to properly understand without reading EP7 first.

But now that I've read all eight novels, I kind of know what to expect from the world of the game board by now... So, I hope it will still be challenging. It already looks as though Rosa, Rudolf, and Kyrie are culprits or at least accomplices. It's way too early to start thinking that it's easy, though, since I haven't even gotten any Red Truths yet.

On a side note, some of the characters have rather skewed personalities. Battler in particular, is different from how he was in Umineko. And Rosa, to a lesser extent. I actually think Jessica seems a little off too.

Don't get me wrong though. So far, I've been quite impressed with this. I can't imagine how much work it must have taken to do this, and when it comes to fanfiction, I'm rarely able to expect such quality from it.
Toku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 15:58   Link #143
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
All of Yasu's kids are hir own biological children.

And yes, Forgery of the Golden Witch was written before the release of EP6's translation. Though Kinjo can read Japanese so I'm not sure if he's read the episode at that point.

Also, a warning. You can't trust any of your usual assumptions from the canonical gameboards. That will screw you over.

The personality skews are one part artistic license to make his personal Gameboard work, and one part a result of this being his first major writing project.
Old 2012-02-07, 16:21   Link #144
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
And yes, Forgery of the Golden Witch was written before the release of EP6's translation. Though Kinjo can read Japanese so I'm not sure if he's read the episode at that point.

Also, a warning. You can't trust any of your usual assumptions from the canonical gameboards. That will screw you over.

The personality skews are one part artistic license to make his personal Gameboard work, and one part a result of this being his first major writing project.
Huh? It doesn't look that different at all, other than minor things. I'll take your word for it though. Thanks for telling me.

If he hasn't read 7 and 8 at this point, then that means that using data from those episodes isn't going to help me anyway. It just confused me, because there's that disclaimer about EP8 spoilers. I assume the spoilers are in the later episodes.

I'm really becoming more and more impressed as I keep reading. The fourth and later twilights have started, and all I can say is that this is magnificent.
Old 2012-02-07, 16:33   Link #145
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Yea, he more or less made a new fan-episode after every official episode, so Fan-EPs 3 and 4 have some EP8 spoilers.

And I mean you can't take any assumptions with you. This guy takes the "Forgery" thing and runs with it, so you can't even trust stuff from the first four episodes.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:08   Link #146
immblueversion

Quote:
All of Yasu's kids are hir own biological children.
Now repeat these in red:

"Lion (in your story) is Yasu's biological child with Jessica, and Clair, Bernice, and Beth are the biological daughters Yasu had with George."

"Jessica was the one who birthed Lion, and Yasu birthed the other three."

"Yasu impregnated Jessica or was impregnated by George before the other gave birth (or in George's case, helped Yasu give birth) to either their oldest child or all of their children."

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 17:11   Link #147
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Lion (in my story) is Yasu's biological child with Jessica, and Clair, Bernice, and Beth are the biological daughters Yasu had with George.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:51   Link #148
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku View Post
Started reading Forgery of the Golden Witch. The beginning implies that this was written before the EP6 translation patch was released, and if that's really true, then I find it amazing that it includes things that I wouldn't have been able to properly understand without reading EP7 first.
Yeah, it was written before EP6 was translated, but I had read it in Japanese first. Though I had a general idea of what happened, I didn't feel comfortable enough including stuff from it in Forgery, so there aren't any real EP6 spoilers in the first one.

And as Aura said, don't be afraid to doubt some assumptions about the standard rules of Umineko, as you could say my gameboards are merely theories come to life. Whether or not they were accurate wasn't my concern, and since there was no way to prove it one way or another I just did what I could and wrote it anyway. It was interesting to see what I got wrong, but also what I happened to get right.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:05   Link #149
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

And they're magnificent self-contained mysteries, anyway. They're all fair.

Well, not EP3, but it's not supposed to be, lol.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:16   Link #150
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post
Yeah, it was written before EP6 was translated, but I had read it in Japanese first. Though I had a general idea of what happened, I didn't feel comfortable enough including stuff from it in Forgery, so there aren't any real EP6 spoilers in the first one.

And as Aura said, don't be afraid to doubt some assumptions about the standard rules of Umineko, as you could say my gameboards are merely theories come to life. Whether or not they were accurate wasn't my concern, and since there was no way to prove it one way or another I just did what I could and wrote it anyway. It was interesting to see what I got wrong, but also what I happened to get right.
One thing I've found quite interesting is that, thus far, Battler has never witnessed Shannon and Kanon at the same time, not even once. Did you already figure out the ShKanon theory when you wrote Forgery? I didn't understand it until I read EP7, and even then it took me a while to sort through that information properly.

Also, the multi-layered nature of the game board seems to be followed to the letter. All of the main premises of Beato's game board seem to be here, and that's why I was confused as to exactly how much it does differ.

But, I really must say, this is already easily within the top 5% of fanfiction. Usually, when I'm looking for a good fanfic, I have to sort through mountains of crap first, so the fact that my first Umineko fanfic is a good one, is quite refreshing.

EDIT: Not only that but you already had the epitaph figured out before reading EP7. I cannot express how amazing that is to me.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:27   Link #151
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku View Post
One thing I've found quite interesting is that, thus far, Battler has never witnessed Shannon and Kanon at the same time, not even once. Did you already figure out the ShKanon theory when you wrote Forgery? I didn't understand it until I read EP7, and even then it took me a while to sort through that information properly.

Also, the multi-layered nature of the game board seems to be followed to the letter. All of the main premises of Beato's game board seem to be here, and that's why I was confused as to exactly how much it does differ.

But, I really must say, this is already easily within the top 5% of fanfiction. Usually, when I'm looking for a good fanfic, I have to sort through mountains of crap first, so the fact that my first Umineko fanfic is a good one, is quite refreshing.
I'd rather not say. But I'll tell you that I didn't figure out Shkanon myself, I had read it from a certain Umineko theories board first. In fact I liked several theories I found there and were subtly included in Forgery as the truth. I even took a theory Jan-Poo had created about the epitaph and merged it into the story.

I'm glad it seems to reflect Beato's game, as that was one of my goals at the time. I hope you're able to see past the illusions though, as not everything is quite the same.

Anyway I'm also glad you like Forgery so much, but don't get too excited. I really was an amateur at the time, seeing as my writing really improved in the later games. It's embarrassing for me to go back and read Forgery, it's not nearly as good as the others in my opinion.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:53   Link #152
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
EDIT: Not only that but you already had the epitaph figured out before reading EP7. I cannot express how amazing that is to me.
To be fair, that's Taiwan Theory, which was posted when EP3 was recently released in Japanese. Sooo EP7's reveal wasn't much of a surprise to a lot of people, except for "holy shit we were right."

Quote:
Similarly, people were guessing Shkanon since EP2. EP6 just made it ultra-obvious, but the only reason it didn't become commonly accepted is because a lot of people think it's really stupid.

Quote:
Anyway I'm also glad you like Forgery so much, but don't get too excited. I really was an amateur at the time, seeing as my writing really improved in the later games. It's embarrassing for me to go back and read Forgery, it's not nearly as good as the others in my opinion.
It's still better than most Umineko fanfiction. :P It's a convincing Forgery.
Old 2012-02-09, 11:31   Link #153
Toku

Spoiler for Forgery of the Golden Witch:
Old 2012-02-09, 16:18   Link #154
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
"Small bombs were not involved at all with the First Twilight! Think of some other weapon!"
"Okay... Big bombs were forced into Eva and Hideyoshi's mouths."

I found that hilarious. Good job.
The credit goes to the /seacats/ forums. When the tea parties go down, they represent an entire forum arguing against Kinjo as the Gamemaster to find out the truth of his game. Then he takes the whole thread and rewrites it into a Battler/Beatrice-style battle.

Quote:
The thing is... Didn't you already confirm that ShKanon is being used in this game board? Because actually, this story doesn't work unless ShKanon is false. Otherwise, how did Shannon die from two gunshot wounds and the resulting blood loss and Kanon get shot in the knee and still be able to get up and leave the Chapel? If there's only one body, that's kind of... >_>;
Shannon and Kanon are separate. They got in a gun-fight in the chapel with Jessica and George.

Quote:
I'm not sure if your Dlanor is using the Decalogue quite right. And she keeps popping up at all of the most random times. Also, Battler keeps on using theories that have already been denied in Red. I don't think these are major problems or anything though.
see above. Battler represents a whole forum. Dlanor was just when Kinjo was quoting Knox rules for his users.
Old 2012-02-09, 17:18   Link #155
Toku

Quote:
The credit goes to the /seacats/ forums. When the tea parties go down, they represent an entire forum arguing against Kinjo as the Gamemaster to find out the truth of his game. Then he takes the whole thread and rewrites it into a Battler/Beatrice-style battle.
Makes me wish I had been there. It sounds like it must have been amazing.

Quote:
Shannon and Kanon are separate. They got in a gun-fight in the chapel with Jessica and George.
Well, I didn't rule out the possibility of seeing illusions in the final telling of the story, but it's true that there probably wouldn't be a point to it if there was.

Quote:
see above. Battler represents a whole forum. Dlanor was just when Kinjo was quoting Knox rules for his users.
The funny thing is, Meta!Battler actually seemed to be fairly in-character. It's only Piece!Battler that seemed really skewed. The fact that an entire forum could be turned into a convincing BATTLER-ish personality is just more credit to Kinjo, I guess.
Old 2012-02-09, 17:32   Link #156
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Makes me wish I had been there. It sounds like it must have been amazing.
I missed out on it too. The fourth Fan-EP is basically the history of Kinjo's experiences in the Umineko Fandom put into VN format, so you'll get to read about the first few 4chan RP threads, /seacats/ and the Golden Gameboard...good times, man, good times.

Quote:
Well, I didn't rule out the possibility of seeing illusions in the final telling of the story, but it's true that there probably wouldn't be a point to it if there was.
The Fan-Gamemaster's finally telling is the absolute truth of that gameboard. Kinjo's style reveals all the truths at the conclusion of each individual games, so you shouldn't be left with lingering questions.

Quote:
The funny thing is, Meta!Battler actually seemed to be fairly in-character. It's only Piece!Battler that seemed really skewed. The fact that an entire forum could be turned into a convincing BATTLER-ish personality is just more credit to Kinjo, I guess.
Hehe, that was kind of a gag. The MAIN arguer, though not the only one involved, is Butler/Meta-Battler, one of Kinjo's close friends and one of the best mystery debaters on the old forums. Piece!Battler is literally the username of a user from /Seacats/ who didn't get involved in the mystery games much, so that scene was a reference to when the two of them teamed up to tackle a problem, which was miraculous.
Old 2012-02-10, 14:24   Link #157
battle22

Here's what im working on . lol
Total Seacat Island Description: After the epic showdown's of EP8 , the characters had nothing else to do. So Furfur and Zeppar opened a new game board. However it is different then the other game boards. This time 24 umineko characters are going to compete in a reality TV show styled game board for MILLION GOLD INGOT's and the title of the BEST UMINEKO CHARACTER EVER!!! In every Ep there will be elimination ceremonies and the number of competitors are going to decrease . who will win? who is gonna be the best umineko character? who will go and what new romantic relationships will i show, find out only in this comic!
I Have done ep1 part 1 and 2 . i cant link the site here so if anybody is intrested , please PM me .
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 15:51   Link #158
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I think I saw the first page on the Tweaking Umineko wiki, lol.
Old 2012-02-10, 16:48   Link #159
battle22

Quote:
I think I saw the first page on the Tweaking Umineko wiki, lol.
ahaha.wav
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 18:13   Link #160
Toku

Spoiler for Trick of the Golden Witch: