AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-03, 01:56   Link #961
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Trident is the CAD Tatsuya uses for his war-class magic, Material Burst.

7 sages, IIRC from Web 6 they're the upper echelons in US that's the equivalent of the Ten Numbered Families in Japan. For some reason they revealed US's LHC-esque experiment of trying to match Japan's Nuclear-equivalent magic and ended up accidentally summoning spirits into the world that resulted in the Vampire Incidents (which Sirius (war-mage of US) vehemently denies to be the case to Tatsuya, for some reason the 7 sages is trying to paint magicians in a bad light).
Spoiler for About Tatsuya's CAD...:

Spoiler for About Sages...:

Last edited by zephyr325; 2012-06-03 at 02:35.
Old 2012-06-03, 02:16   Link #962
zephyr325

Additional and somewhat scary thoughts about Material Burst/Third Eye....

Spoiler for Third Eye:

Last edited by zephyr325; 2012-06-03 at 02:36.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:29   Link #963
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^I have been talking about that before how Tatsuya is clearly so powerful that without Miyuki, the whole world will be shaking in fear because their very own pitiful life depends on his whim. Yet the Yotsuba seems so arrogant and deems him inferior...
Old 2012-06-03, 10:27   Link #964
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, we don't know how powerful the other war level magician is and their limitation. The reason Tatsuya seems so strong is because so far(at least in the published LN) is because the author hasn't made the strong magician challenge him. Even her aunt with the night magic seems to be still holding back. Although 1 on 1, his aunt already admitted that Tatsuya will win against her, but what if the strongest magician from the 10 number families decides to team up because he's too dangerous. Even with Miyuki's help, the magician team might still win with a landslide. And if that's not enough, a team full of war level magician might also do the job.
Old 2012-06-03, 10:39   Link #965
tsunade666

well because Yotsuba is all acting high up and like idiotic clan they are. But I doubt that they don't have tons of secrets that Tatsuya didn't know of. They created a war level magician. Creating another would probably won't matter to them. Plus they even create a clone on a dead guardian just to make Tatsuya remember his place.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:35   Link #966
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, we don't know how powerful the other war level magician is and their limitation. The reason Tatsuya seems so strong is because so far(at least in the published LN) is because the author hasn't made the strong magician challenge him. Even her aunt with the night magic seems to be still holding back. Although 1 on 1, his aunt already admitted that Tatsuya will win against her, but what if the strongest magician from the 10 number families decides to team up because he's too dangerous. Even with Miyuki's help, the magician team might still win with a landslide. And if that's not enough, a team full of war level magician might also do the job.
Spoiler for .:
Old 2012-06-03, 11:47   Link #967
tsunade666

I think there are about 50 war class level and the 13 are already among the 50.

And isn't Lina holding back on that fight because she has other problems and concerns. And even Tatsuya admitted it that Lina wasn't suited for her work.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:53   Link #968
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well because Yotsuba is all acting high up and like idiotic clan they are. But I doubt that they don't have tons of secrets that Tatsuya didn't know of. They created a war level magician. Creating another would probably won't matter to them. Plus they even create a clone on a dead guardian just to make Tatsuya remember his place.
Spoiler for .:
Old 2012-06-03, 12:18   Link #969
zephyr325

Quote:
I think there are about 50 war class level and the 13 are already among the 50.

And isn't Lina holding back on that fight because she has other problems and concerns. And even Tatsuya admitted it that Lina wasn't suited for her work.
Spoiler for .:
Old 2012-06-03, 12:29   Link #970
tsunade666

true indeed that his natural abilities are disintegration and regeneration. But the events in his life probably push those abilities to their maximum. His ability isn't at the level from the beginning. Plus Yotsuba is too shady for my taste that I don't trust them for being weak at all. Heck the leader can link up with that super computer which I can't spell because I can't spell it.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:37   Link #971
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
true indeed that his natural abilities are disintegration and regeneration. But the events in his life probably push those abilities to their maximum. His ability isn't at the level from the beginning. Plus Yotsuba is too shady for my taste that I don't trust them for being weak at all. Heck the leader can link up with that super computer which I can't spell because I can't spell it.
Well, magic capacity is determined at birth but magic ability improves each day. I don't think the terrible experience he has during his childhood would contribute to him being strong at his very birth magic. He's just really strong already, but need more control and practice to make it even better.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:04   Link #972
zephyr325

Quote:
Spoiler for .:

Last edited by zephyr325; 2012-06-03 at 18:57.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:29   Link #973
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for How Scary Tatsuya Could be:
Old 2012-06-04, 01:00   Link #974
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr325 View Post
Additional and somewhat scary thoughts about Material Burst/Third Eye....

Spoiler for Third Eye:
Basically, this. From what I've read in Web 2 and Web 3 Third Eye refers to a different CAD than Trident. Third Eye is designed for increasing his range, Trident is the one casting Material Burst.
Old 2012-06-04, 01:37   Link #975
kfcpanda

Wait, I'm getting confused now.

I thought that Third Eye was for increasing range because he'd get caught himself in the blast if he were to cast Material Burst on anything too close, he can't use Material Burst safely without it. He COULD still cast it if he were to disregard his own safety.

But now you guys are saying that Trident, not Tatsuya, is responsible for Material Burst? I thought he could already do that himself...?

Clarification please?
Old 2012-06-04, 01:55   Link #976
Seitsuki
Onee!

I think of it kind of like Harry Potter.

The CAD is like a wand. How good your natural talent is, what sort of spells you're proficient at, that's all you. The wand generally just helps everything along.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:21   Link #977
tsunade666

Remember that CAD has storage memory for your magic? CAD was programmed to store the magic you learn so you can access it easily.

Third eye is a long range or for access of satellite to pin point a target that is in far range. Casting material burst is dangerous since Tatsuya himself can't compute the actual damage it could do and he can't control it. He just let it loose.

Plus the spell that disintegrate humans into nothing isn't material burst but I think it's gram disintegration?

their are couples of level of disintegration that Tatsuya use. Material burst is his strongest and the war class level magic that he use to nuke the opponents.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:34   Link #978
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Wait, I'm getting confused now.

I thought that Third Eye was for increasing range because he'd get caught himself in the blast if he were to cast Material Burst on anything too close, he can't use Material Burst safely without it. He COULD still cast it if he were to disregard his own safety.

But now you guys are saying that Trident, not Tatsuya, is responsible for Material Burst? I thought he could already do that himself...?

Clarification please?
Trident is the CAD (Casting Assistance Device) helping to cast Material Burst. Third Eye is the CAD that increases range. Hope this is clearer now.
Quote:
Remember that CAD has storage memory for your magic? CAD was programmed to store the magic you learn so you can access it easily.

Third eye is a long range or for access of satellite to pin point a target that is in far range. Casting material burst is dangerous since Tatsuya himself can't compute the actual damage it could do and he can't control it. He just let it loose.

Plus the spell that disintegrate humans into nothing isn't material burst but I think it's gram disintegration?

their are couples of level of disintegration that Tatsuya use. Material burst is his strongest and the war class level magic that he use to nuke the opponents.
IIRC, Mist Dispersion is also classified as war-class. The one that disintegrate humans (and magic/spells) into just particles. (after Web 3 and Web 4, it's a understandable classification from how Tatsuya just took apart the invading army)
The one below that that's more well-known, if not commonly cast, (Magi-)Gram Demolition, your spell brute-forcing the other one apart like taking a battering ram to a door. Then there's the Cast Jamming Tatsuya pulled off back in Web 1, arguably even weaker because when using that you can't cast any other spell while using that, and it doesn't completely stop your opponent from casting, only making it harder to do so.
Old 2012-06-04, 04:28   Link #979
zephyr325

Spoiler for Clarification here:

Last edited by zephyr325; 2012-06-04 at 04:44.
Old 2012-06-04, 07:36   Link #980
tsunade666

I still don't understand how material burst works. Material burst his Tatsuya's strongest disintegration magic but how did he turn matter into bomb? Did he destroy the bonds of matter turning it into nuclear fission? I'm not good at physics so I can't find an explanation on how he can convert it into massive tnt.

Because by the meaning of magic by Yotsuba. Tatsuya can't change or bring change into anything. He can only erase and regenerate what's already their. He can't create or brought a change into what's their. Because if converting matter into bomb ins't that changing it already? then why was Yotsuba clan didn't label it as a magic?

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings