AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 99 72.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 19.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 4.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-20, 11:21   Link #101
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
That's not really a great argument though. When you've attained a power, what's the first thing you do? Play with it. No sane player gets shouts in Skyrim and doesn't test at least the first one out to see what it does. Especially since they're trying to make Accelerator more and more powerful here, the idea that he's never once considered air as a possibility for manipulation is beyond reason.
you are talking about adult having new power now child have power
(he have it since he was kids and grow up with it = he have more time worry about it than testing it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Phenomenal stuff. I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get the hand slapping scene because I actually loved that moment in Index but that was still a terrific fight. I think the best thing about this is that Touma actually does sort of lose in the end and needs the Misaka's to bail him out. This is fundamental because for me there'll always be that annoyance at how much of a cop out Touma's power is. 14 episodes of some sometimes heart wrenching development was dangerously close to being made a mockery in just a single episode, but thankfully Nagai's brilliant execution has allowed the character development of Misaka and sisters to overshadow that, whilst still making Touma's fight with Accelerator griping.
if Misaka really helped him out = everything become pointless
they need power level lower than level 5 to defeat him

if 3rd strongest level 5 defeat strongest level 5 than scientists will think that error was not big > continue the experiment
but if level 0 defeat him = totally different story (the error is big that they can't continue the experiment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
I compared this episode with the 3 volume of the novel, and I have a question. In the novel, Accel wasn't going to destroy everything around with his new plasma power. He just wanted to kill Touma if he stands up to fight again. But in the Railgun manga and this episode, he seemed to want to blow up the area around, according to Mikoto. What is it? I do not remember that he ever wanted more power (or level 6) to harm all around.
Mikoto point of view not same as Accelerator point of view.
everyone else have same point of view as Mikoto and that the entire reason why he want to become level 6
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:17   Link #102
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually it does- the sound effect could be heard by the characters
Ah... hell, I did a quick search and it's kind of inconsistent.

There's no sound described on the first volume, even the very first time when he touches Index's clothes, both of them thought nothing had happened. Neither is there in Accelerator's fight on the third.

But there is one instance on the second when he hears a sound like shattering glass (IB's "staple" sound) when releasing himself from a magical suffocation. Then again, that's the only instance I found in the first 3 volumes...

I'd search on more, but I'm kinda losing interest. Seems more like Kamachi simply hadn't put much thought into it.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:20   Link #103
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
if Misaka really helped him out = everything become pointless
they need power level lower than level 5 to defeat him

if 3rd strongest level 5 defeat strongest level 5 than scientists will think that error was not big > continue the experiment
but if level 0 defeat him = totally different story (the error is big that they can't continue the experiment)
The reason behind why only Touma had to fight in the beginning isn't what I took issue with.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:26   Link #104
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
The reason behind why only Touma had to fight in the beginning isn't what I took issue with.
And why does Touma need to be bailed out? He's the friggin Touman!

And even if Accelerator threw that lob of plasma at TOuma, there's nothing that says that he can't negate it, turning back to wind again.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:32   Link #105
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Ah... hell, I did a quick search and it's kind of inconsistent.

There's no sound described on the first volume, even the very first time when he touches Index's clothes, both of them thought nothing had happened. Neither is there in Accelerator's fight on the third.

But there is one instance on the second when he hears a sound like shattering glass (IB's "staple" sound) when releasing himself from a magical suffocation. Then again, that's the only instance I found in the first 3 volumes...

I'd search on more, but I'm kinda losing interest. Seems more like Kamachi simply hadn't put much thought into it.
Spoiler for Light Novels Imagine Breaker Sound:

@blitz the reason he can't is spoilerish... so I don't think I can say it here...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 13:39   Link #106
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

One word: EPIC!

That was amazing!

The Railgun version of the fight between Touma and Accelerator shows how brutal, bloody and powerful their fight was with Touma seriously injured and bleeding and Accelerator attacks being more violent, getting more insane to the point he was willing to create a powerful Plasma storm to destroy the entire area citywide all just to kill Touma.

Rina Satou continues to impress me with her voice acting especially her reaction believing Touma and Misaka 10032 were dead, her admittance that she is weak her herself and her desperate cry for help.

Ten out of ten! Can't wait for the finale of this arc.
Old 2013-07-20, 13:59   Link #107
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Am I the only one thinking of this?

kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 14:02   Link #108
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It would've been rather unfortunate if Goku's spirit bomb dissipated because of a few fans spinning the opposite way.
Old 2013-07-20, 14:13   Link #109
Gray Servant

Loved the episode, though this episode and 14 have shown Touma to have turned into a bishonen somehow. Kind of looks like a younger Kougami (from Psycho Pass). Misaka vision at work?
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 15:09   Link #110
Arararagi-Senpai

Great episode, animation was better than in Index as was as everything else really.

There were a few changes, for one the fight seemed to move faster than from what I remember.
Arararagi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 16:02   Link #111
Gundamx

Quote:
Not just beginning the fight but he need to win it without any help from level 5 or it become useless .

If Misaka just touch one hair of Accelerator = auto lose.
Since scientists will just said it was level 5 with help of random people that defeat strongest level 5 so it's still in minimum error level >>> continue the experiment
Old 2013-07-20, 16:08   Link #112
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah but I think at this point it's also about stopping Touma from being killed, hence why Misaka and the Sisters stepped in.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:11   Link #113
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
I guess I'm the only one that liked the alternate version of the plasma blob? The version in the index was just a featureless orb that was only a few feat above Accelerator's head. It didn't really "look" powerful.

But the version here has it way up in the sky where heavy wind surrounds it along with the clouds being distorted. Sure it isn't as "dynamic" as the orb in the Index version, but it had a much grander feel to it in this episode because the power going into it was expressed better.

At least in this version, there wasn't the excuse that Touma might have been able to dispel it with his hand. This version is way up in the sky. Touma can't ever get up there to touch it with his right hand. I'm guessing Accelerator planned to either have it explode or throw it at Touma. By that point it's already too late to block it. Like the rocks and other debri that Accelerator threw at Touma, the plasma ball (once finished and heading towards Touma) is now already acting on it's own by the natural laws of physics and thus Touma's hand can't block it.

It's only something that violates the natural laws that can get negated by his hand. The Plasma orb as it was forming is still being actively shaped by Accelerator's power and that was the only time Touma could block it.

Though Touma could have gone up and touched Accelerator with his hand. It probably would have suppressed his power during the time he touched him which would destabilize the vectors Accelerator was feeding into the plasma. But the sisters disrupted it instead, so we will never get to find out.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 16:41   Link #114
Gundamx

Quote:
Yeah but I think at this point it's also about stopping Touma from being killed, hence why Misaka and the Sisters stepped in.
Misaka didn't stepped in directly >>> she only ask the Sisters and told them how to stop Accelerator plasma.

Though she want to attack him directly but she still holding back because everything
Touma done to save the Sisters will become useless.

After all Touma dream was for all of them(including the Sisters) to return some
happily not just himself.
Old 2013-07-20, 17:28   Link #115
Awrya
U mad?

Great episode.

Did Touma just used the Dempsey Roll to dodge those stones?
Those murmurs when the takes control of the wind are very Accelerator-like, it won't be long before another Accelerator tribute is made on Youtube using those scenes.
Old 2013-07-20, 18:08   Link #116
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

I gotta say that this version of the fight is so much better than the original rendition. Given Accelerator's penchant on flinging objects around, I wonder why he didn't do the same in his first fight against Kihara.

It would've been nice if Touma had grabbed Accelerator's throat and pin him to a crate before pummeling him with his other limbs, giving him a taste of what it's like to be powerless and under attack.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 18:13   Link #117
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Not even Accelerator's vector manipulation can handle plot armor..
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 18:37   Link #118
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
I gotta say that this version of the fight is so much better than the original rendition. Given Accelerator's penchant on flinging objects around, I wonder why he didn't do the same in his first fight against Kihara.

It would've been nice if Touma had grabbed Accelerator's throat and pin him to a crate before pummeling him with his other limbs, giving him a taste of what it's like to be powerless and under attack.
Spoiler for don't get me wrong, really important:
Old 2013-07-20, 18:41   Link #119
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I need to remind everyone that you cannot discuss future novel content, future manga content, or anything about characters not yet covered in the Railgun anime in this thread. Please use one of the other applicable threads for spoilers and speculation about future content.
Old 2013-07-20, 19:17   Link #120
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

It was interesting to see the fight again in Biri-Biri vision. I'm glad this time around J.C. Staff didn't skimp on the blood so people could actually tell how much damage Touma took during the fight. I missed the Touma punch and the Imagine Breaker pop that came with it.

It really is amazing how different the battle feels this time around, both the fight itself and Misaka's feelings shown during it. I look forward to the Climax and the aftermath next week.