AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-18, 00:08   Link #381
sb075

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragon4k View Post
hello just finished watching this show and thought it was great loved the story but i have a question. At the end after everything was over when everyone was back in the maihama server it showed Kyo's family talking to him he doesnt say anything and throws a shirt on his sister. then it showed in in the real world flesh and bone sitting. im wondering how he was back in the server?
Guessing from the drama CD episode (about the last day of real Maihama city), Misaki and mother were probably dead because it seemed that they couldn't escape to the Maihama server. However there is a possibility that father was out of Maihama on that day. So it's just a dream as Kyo said.

Last edited by sb075; 2009-03-18 at 00:26.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 13:36   Link #382
azndragon4k

oh ok thanks ya i was like it didn't make scene. i heard there was a rumor of maybe a movie would be weird duno what else they could do but would be nice to see more of this anime if its true
azndragon4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 22:31   Link #383
sb075

It seems that Zegapain will be novelized as "Zegapain : Queen of Oblivion". It is the original side story. I hope that it is a sign of something new development...
Old 2009-05-01, 21:01   Link #384
blewin

that was a dream?? I thought it's what's happening in the server after everything's finished. So you get Kyo's family and Suzune (?? forgot her name, it's been so long since I last watched this awesome anime) in the server, and the real Kyo and Kaminagi and everyone else in the real world.

well, not bad to find out that I got it wrong! But if Kyo's dad is outside the server.... then where is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
It seems that Zegapain will be novelized as "Zegapain : Queen of Oblivion". It is the original side story. I hope that it is a sign of something new development...
amazing. But is Zegapain originally an anime or an adaptation of manga or something else? I'm not really sure.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 23:35   Link #385
sb075

Quote:
But if Kyo's dad is outside the server.... then where is he?
1. In the drama CD episode, Kyo didn't search for only his father.
2. It seems that he often went abroad because of his business.
So probably he was not in real Maihama on August 31, 2022, the day Maihama people perished.

Quote:
But is Zegapain originally an anime or an adaptation of manga or something else? I'm not really sure.
Zegapain is a synchronous plan of the anime and Xbox 360 game (Toga, Isola and other Dvaraka members are game characters). So the original material is both anime and game.
Old 2009-05-08, 02:54   Link #386
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
1. In the drama CD episode, Kyo didn't search for only his father.
2. It seems that he often went abroad because of his business.
So probably he was not in real Maihama on August 31, 2022, the day Maihama people perished.

Zegapain is a synchronous plan of the anime and Xbox 360 game (Toga, Isola and other Dvaraka members are game characters). So the original material is both anime and game.
I see. wow, for an anime made "partly" from a game, this was exceptionally well made. Game-turned-anime series usually suck.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 05:50   Link #387
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I've just finished watching the series.

I loved the ironic setting of the anime. Even if in the end the happenings were a little bit cheesy. They built the relationship between Ryoko and Kyo well(even if the happenings that turned it that way were sometimes shouted out from cheesyness).

The scene with Kyo's parents probably was just a flashback or dream because Chris flew without Arque(and that means she remained dead). I have to agree with the tower concept...the resurection program probably completed after 10-20 years.
The scene in the end means that Ryoko and Kyo probably got together(and "won" against Shizuno). OR Kyo has 2(or more) wives. But it's not really possible...Shizuno wanted to be human the most...even if she may(I'm unsure about it) loves Kyo more she's that kind who gives up for the other's good.
In overall I give it a 9/10
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 07:19   Link #388
sb075

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
The scene with Kyo's parents probably was just a flashback or dream because Chris flew without Arque(and that means she remained dead).
Kyo's family's case, their meta body data itself probably don't exist in the server.

Quote:
I have to agree with the tower concept...the resurection program probably completed after 10-20 years.
I think the light house can't get old only 20 years, and special ED from the last volume of DVD hints that Kyo completed the system comparatively early. So I think considerable time passed between the last scene and the B part surely but has nothing to do with how much time had passed when Kyo completed the system.
Old 2009-06-03, 16:01   Link #389
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Then the resurection System reconstructed Ryoko with a fault...she can't age. The only other reason that possible the tower got ruined by something or simple fault in the animation.
The DVD special ending didn't mention the final fate of Shizuno? Or unmistakenably the conclusion of the romance?
Old 2009-06-03, 20:36   Link #390
sb075

Quote:
Then the resurection System reconstructed Ryoko with a fault...she can't age. The only other reason that possible the tower got ruined by something or simple fault in the animation.
About that problem, please read my posts in the previous page.

Quote:
The DVD special ending didn't mention the final fate of Shizuno? Or unmistakenably the conclusion of the romance?
You can watch it on youtube. It contains real Kyo (probably young) and real Ryoko scene (0:29), and drama CD episode "Our last days" scene (2:15).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJXjGDND5yc

Last edited by sb075; 2009-06-03 at 21:05.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:17   Link #391
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

So it was just a random woman...because she's almost identical to Ryoko then(I mean her appearance because Ryoko's VA was inexperienced that time so she only could do one kind of VA-ing)
The end scenes may implicated that Ryoko won(mainly the last one where Kyo pilots the Zegapain in nothing but a swimming shorts). But it's also indication...well guessing from Shizuno's personality she may be just happy enough to have a body and gives up on Kyo for Ryoko's sake.
Old 2009-08-30, 06:32   Link #392
sb075

Takehiko Itou is opening the killing idea of Zegapain episode 24 and 25 (Shizuno ED pattern and Ryoko ED pattern) to the public. It will be deleted tomorrow.
http://h-sisyou.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

It seems that he proposed to make it DVD adding episodes but it was rejected by the producer.
Old 2009-09-06, 21:33   Link #393
sb075

Zegapain fan movie (ef second season OP reference).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT_ldGuMqJU

Wow, it's very high quality.
Old 2010-01-31, 03:29   Link #394
Kunagisa

Bring this topic back from the dead. This is the 2nd winner of the "The anime you wish to see in Blu-Ray the most" voting contest hosted by the BDA (Blu-ray Disc Association). ZEGAPAIN IS THE WINNER!

http://meister.blu-raydisc.com/jp/bl...nfo.php#000467

1位:ゼーガペイン
2位:とらドラ!
3位:涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
4位:空の境界
5位:ARIA
6位:新世紀GPXサイバーフォーミュラ
7位:ハヤテのごとく!(第一期)
8位:かみちゅ!
9位:メダロット
10位:宙のまにまに
11位:ノエイン もうひとりの君へ
12位:Sola
13位:出ましたっ! パワパフガールズZ
14位:シムーン
15位:マブラヴ
16位:キスダムR -ENGAGE planet-

It is worth mentioning that the previous winners "True Tears", has indeed got a blu-ray adaptation with extra footages.

I don't know if anyone still care about this, but I still have yet to watch this series (I planned to ... never got around to it), now I might hold off until the BR release!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:14   Link #395
sb075

Zegapain Blu-ray project.
http://dbeat.bandaivisual.co.jp/zegapain/

If the number of orders is less than 2000, this project will be cancelled.
Old 2010-06-07, 03:36   Link #396
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It's a very good sci-fi series. The fandom will be an arse if they don't cover the limit with such jewels.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 08:58   Link #397
sb075

Blu-ray BOX release confirmed!
http://ameblo.jp/bdmeister/entry-10580604658.html

Furthermore, it seems that the director and chracter designer hinted at the possibility of the new anime at the today's event.

Last edited by sb075; 2010-08-29 at 09:13.
Old 2010-08-29, 09:13   Link #398
sb075

According to the today's Zegapain event, Masami Shimoda (director) and Hiroyuki Hataike (character designer) are making a plan "Zegapain Zero". It seems that Kyo (version 1.2.7) appears. However they haven't applied to the Bandai visual for the project yet so the project is not necessarily approved.
Old 2010-10-31, 17:32   Link #399
tyciol
*Artist

I just noticed this got plugged here http://mistakesofyouth.com/index2.ph...omics/14/index so I think it is something to be watched!
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 04:56   Link #400
JediNight
キズランダム

I enjoyed the show. I still need to buy the DVDs for it, keep forgetting now that I'm not broke...

It has a rather unconventional plot, and <3 Ryoko in it, as it's the first major role for now-famous seiyuu Kana Hanazawa.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote